Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tbh I thought he was stalling for time with the ref, not that he definitely wanted out

I thought he wanted to look like he was stalling and got accidentally counted out, but in reality just didn’t want to be there anymore.

Tbh I thought he was stalling for time with the ref, not that he definitely wanted out
Yeah that's how I saw it as well. The ref then decided that he'd seen enough of Joshua going 4 rounds and still not being properly recovered.

the closer we get to this, the more i think usyk upsets him.

the odds on the ukranian are pretty good, might put a few bucks on him.

Looks skinnier than usual, almost like back to 2012. Seems to be getting prepared for a long night.

Looks skinnier than usual, almost like back to 2012. Seems to be getting prepared for a long night.

Don't think his strategy from the Ruiz rematch is a good idea against Usyk.... AJ's backfoot game is better than Wilder's, but Muhammad Ali or Larry Holmes he's not.

AJ has to make it a physical fight, get in the pocket, capitalize on Usyk's technical flaws and rough up Usyk.

Don't think his strategy from the Ruiz rematch is a good idea against Usyk.... AJ's backfoot game is better than Wilder's, but Muhammad Ali or Larry Holmes he's not.

AJ has to make it a physical fight, get in the pocket, capitalize on Usyk's technical flaws and rough up Usyk.

Hmm I would disagree. If it's a physical fight in which he is hunting down Usyk for the kill from the get go it could very well turn out to be disastrous for him. We have seen him gassed with Takam trying the same thing. And we have seen him get countered to a TKO by Ruiz I trying the same thing. For some reason he is uncomfortable when taking back shots in exchanges and his gas tank is questionable. Coming in lean with focus on cardio and boxing behind the jab to a decision win against the undersized foreign fighter is the smartest strategy. AJ will be winning 10-9s with two jabs and a power punch per round easy. Usyk could have his best moments late in the fight but all AJ should do is make sure he doesn't get overwhelmed and take the match to the scorecards.

I have become so pumped for Joshua vs Usyk!!! I am hoping Joshua can KO Usyk and Fury can KO Wilder. Boxing NEEDS Fury vs Joshua next!!!!

Hmm I would disagree. If it's a physical fight in which he is hunting down Usyk for the kill from the get go it could very well turn out to be disastrous for him. We have seen him gassed with Takam trying the same thing. And we have seen him get countered to a TKO by Ruiz I trying the same thing. For some reason he is uncomfortable when taking back shots in exchanges and his gas tank is questionable. Coming in lean with focus on cardio and boxing behind the jab to a decision win against the undersized foreign fighter is the smartest strategy. AJ will be winning 10-9s with two jabs and a power punch per round easy. Usyk could have his best moments late in the fight but all AJ should do is make sure he doesn't get overwhelmed and take the match to the scorecards.
Yeah I agree, AJ has a 3 inch height and 4 inch reach advantage. If he decides to keep it at range then the pressure is on Usyk to get past that jab to land his own shots. AJ's big flaw is his tendency to gas, so keeping it long and at a measured pace is what he should try to do imho.

Usyk has much better feet than Ruiz... and as I already said, I don't think AJ on his backfoot is all that.
While he's a bigger and stronger man than both Ali and Holmes, he's just not as good as them and never will be.

His best bet is to stalk Usyk, take a page out of Fury's book and level up his feint game, take a page out of Wladimir's game and level up his clinch game, and just look for the technical flaws within Usyk's game.

Usyk simply won't have the power to keep Joshua off him. I'm predicting an early KO for the champ.

I'm predicting an early KO for the champ.

That's always a possibility with someone as powerful as Joshua. But severel opponents worse than Usyk have gone past the 6th round with Joshua.
His last early KO's were in 2016 against the likes of Molina and Charles Martin.

Personally I feel that Joshua is heading towards his 2nd loss... Wether that is going to be vs. Usyk or someone else down the road, I don't know.

That's always a possibility with someone as powerful as Joshua. But severel opponents worse than Usyk have gone past the 6th round with Joshua.
His last early KO's were in 2016 against the likes of Molina and Charles Martin.

Personally I feel that Joshua is heading towards his 2nd loss... Wether that is going to be vs. Usyk or someone else down the road, I don't know.

I agree. AJ is a huge puncher no doubt. But post-Wlad he really has two legitimate stoppages in six fights. And both were against 39 year old opponents (and both after round 6). Usyk is not a spring chicken himself but still not that far removed from his prime. If AJ is about to win by KO it could more likely come in the later rounds when Usyk will be fighting with a sense of urgency and will have to take chances and leave himself more open to AJ counters.

I agree. AJ is a huge puncher no doubt. But post-Wlad he really has two legitimate stoppages in six fights. And both were against 39 year old opponents (and both after round 6). Usyk is not a spring chicken himself but still not that far removed from his prime. If AJ is about to win by KO it could more likely come in the later rounds when Usyk will be fighting with a sense of urgency and will have to take chances and leave himself more open to AJ counters.
AJ hasn't stopped 2 opponents in his last 6 which is Parker and Ruiz. Both men are unstopped by ANY opponent in their careers to date. Parker doesn't get knocked out because he's got a great chin and he doesn't engage. Ruiz has a great chin but was almost a gonna in that first fight with AJ. His chin and recovery pulled him through.

AJ hasn't stopped 2 opponents in his last 6 which is Parker and Ruiz. Both men are unstopped by ANY opponent in their careers to date. Parker doesn't get knocked out because he's got a great chin and he doesn't engage. Ruiz has a great chin but was almost a gonna in that first fight with AJ. His chin and recovery pulled him through.

My point was he has two legitimate stoppages in his last six fights (and both against nearly 40 years old boxers and both past the sixth round). Takam stoppage was bullshit. I agree that Ruiz and Parker have good chins but we saw Chisora drop Parker within 10 seconds with the first landed punch and Whyte dropped him twice if I remember. We also saw Arreola drop Ruiz twice and had him doing the chicken dance in other occasions too. AJ hasn't had an early stoppage in five years and considering that Usyk will likely play it safe in the first few rounds I don't expect a short fight here at all. I think either AJ KO's him in the mid or late rounds (AJ has shown he can carry his power late in fights) or Usyk somehow finds a way to win.

Back