Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more I think about this one the more I think Usyk has a better than solid shot at pulling off the upset. AJ could smash him or win a comfy ud, esp on his own turf, but Usyk is no joke and a word class boxer, esp for a hw.

Is Usyk undersized? No doubt, but can he put a boxing lesson on AJ if he's on his game and working the jab, moving well, and setting up his shots? Of course.

THis one should be fun. I can't wait. I picked AJ on the poll but I think I might be changing my mind. If this was on a neutral site or in Usyk's spot then I would be much more comfortable w/ my picking of Usyk straight up, but I do think at better than 2-1, Usyk is the play here.

His boxing acumen is really something to admire and even an elite hw like AJ will have problems adjusting to that style imo. And don't forget, Usyk can/will make adjustments during the fight too... If he doesn't get ko'd in the process. Can't wait for this one. Should be super interesting and maybe a great fight in the process!!

I've been warming to Usyk's chances, but Joshua by decision at around 3/1 is good value, I think.

Does Usyk get dropped considering how many times he's been hit? Not a single time.

Beterbiev rocked the bigger man Usyk 3 times and knocked Usyk down with a bodyshot

But current Usyk is a different animal.

Beterbiev rocked the bigger man Usyk 3 times and knocked Usyk down with a bodyshot

What was this, an amateur match?

Interesting to hear than Hearn has confirmed that AJ had Covid.
I wonder if it had any effects on his already not that great gas tank.

Usyk is looking pretty fat and is rumoured to be around 230lbs

He better hopes he can land, because at that weight he wont be moving anywhere near as fast as he has in the past and could well be a sitting duck
upload_2021-9-20_13-25-20.png

He better hopes he can land, because at that weight he wont be moving anywhere near as fast as he has in the past and could well be a sitting duck
View attachment 880676
Exactly what I was saying above he won’t be as elusive has he has been previously as he will be coming in heavy I assume to give him more power also to help him take AJ shots

View attachment 880676

He was posting videos on facebook weighing 234 like six weeks ago or so. But I doubt he comes above 223 on fight day. He probably did cardio later in camp and has chopped some of that weight down. AJ on the other hand looks slimmer than ever in recent videos. Reminds me of when DC moved up from LHW to face Stipe and weighed in heavier than him lol

Did not know that. I just watched the clip. Was certainly a sickener. Still Usyk won the fight.

Interesting to hear than Hearn has confirmed that AJ had Covid.
I wonder if it had any effects on his already not that great gas tank.
Wasn't aware of that. I just did a quick search where it confirms Hearn saying he'd had it but it doesn't say when. Hopefully it doesn't affect him too much because he's going to need the best cardio of his life to fight Usyk.

My gut feeling is telling me Usyk's strategy for this fight will surprise everyone, especially Joshua, and he'll go for for the kill, try to take out Joshua on the inside.

My gut feeling is telling me Usyk's strategy for this fight will surprise everyone, especially Joshua, and he'll go for for the kill, try to take out Joshua on the inside.
Joshua will fuck that shit up with his jab and right hand and maybe an uppercut here and there for good measure.

This is not MMA... You don't change that drastically the next fight.
Usyk's gonna box the way he always boxes.

Highly unlikely.

Joshua folds under pressure.

Wouldn't you say he was under super pressure against Wladimir Klitschko in front of 80,000 people?

ah... the old "he gets hit because he chooses to" argument.
i think people are going more "he gets hit but doesn't get hurt", which is pretty evident. granted, he hasn't been hit by joshua yet.

Back