Anyone else actually not that mad?

Lead up to the main was great, and I was held in a good deal of suspense through the first half of the main. I'm more pissed off we're about to lose an hour to the time change.

Not mad but it was a terrible fight... both are to blame but I understand Izzy because he has way more to lose.

Yoel just standing there like someone unplugged his controller.

I'm more annoyed with the fans and Big Dan.

Fights are gonna play how they will. This is real, not scripted.

The truth is, this is how they match up. Different fights offer different looks. Could more have been done? Absolutely, but with Yoel's power and Izzy's countering ability, I'm not surprised and really not even that mad.

This was one for strategy, not non stop action.
Izzy is too afraid to take the risk, and this is just another fight for Yoel.

What happened was Izzy keep successfully evading Yoel's without furthering with counter or scramble.
Overall great card imo.

I think MMA fans should allowed more varies of weird style/explosiveness to be incorporate into fighting so that the sport can grow.

If Izzy vs Romero get a rematch, I want Izzy to put his pace on Romero, instead of playing Romero gameplan.

It was a snoozer, but Izzy deserved the nod. You can't take a strap fighting like that

Not really mad. Yoel's gameplan effectively called out the counterstriker who is scared to engage, did the most damage, was the aggressor and the judges fucked it up. Izzy ran away multiple times and was exposed.

I've always wanted someone to do exactly what Yoel did tonight against a counterstriker. I thought it would have been the way for a lot of guys to beat Machida TBH (and it did work for some guys against Machida). Good on him.

Yes, but are you mad? You seem mad. This thread is about not being mad. I'm not mad.
Seems like you are a little mad he didn't answer your question about whether he is mad. I for one am not mad about the fight and not made that I don't know if he is mad of not. What about you?

Not really mad. Yoel's gameplan effectively called out the counterstriker who is scared to engage, did the most damage, was the aggressor and the judges fucked it up. Izzy ran away multiple times and was exposed.

i mostly agree with you but Yoels leg was way damaged and would have been terrible for a champion to loose his belt in a fight like that.

I've always wanted someone to do exactly what Yoel did tonight against a counterstriker. I thought it would have been the way for a lot of guys to beat Machida TBH (and it did work for some guys against Machida). Good on him.
A counterstriker that had been exposed only because he had to strike first.

With Yoel, Izzy's evade Yoel's attempts and then running away.

i mostly agree with you but Yoels leg was way damaged and would have been terrible for a champion to loose his belt in a fight like that.
I think you're overrating the damage. Yoel was mobile enough to easily win the 5th round IMO. Sure it was a little red, but the most damaging strikes were Yoel's big overhand and his strikes along the cage.

Izzy Vs Romero sucked, but it really wasn't that big of a deal and definitely nothing new. It wasn't the first championship fight that was boring and it won't be the last. Styles make fights and sometimes certain clashes of styles make for boring fights. Co-Main event was epic and the rest of the card was solid.

its always the fights you expect a knockout that end up being the worst

I'm more annoyed with the fans and Big Dan.

Fights are gonna play how they will. This is real, not scripted.

The truth is, this is how they match up. Different fights offer different looks. Could more have been done? Absolutely, but with Yoel's power and Izzy's countering ability, I'm not surprised and really not even that mad.

This was one for strategy, not non stop action.
Haven't seen the fight, but if it's like Anderson/Maia then the responsibility is on Yoel. And in this case Stylebender has to deal with a freaking ko artist and not a pillow fisted BJJ guy. I'm happy with a boring shut out. Better than becoming a ko meme.

I'm not mad at all at Romero or Izzy. They're masters and did what they needed to do. I don't judge either for not brawling, they're smart and fought to their strengths.

Seems like you are a little mad he didn't answer your question about whether he is mad. I for one am not mad about the fight and not made that I don't know if he is mad of not. What about you?

Oh man now I'm mad!!!!!!

I think you're overrating the damage. Yoel was mobile enough to easily win the 5th round IMO. Sure it was a little red, but the most damaging strikes were Yoel's big overhand and his strikes along the cage.
idk if im overrating it but it was visible for the judges to see, and its not like izzy was wobbled or panic wrestled

I'm not mad, just disappointed that we could have had Costa/Israel instead of what we got.

Overall the card was great.
Well the beauty of this result is we get to see Costa/Israel. Doesn't seem like Izzy has taken damage. Win/Win imo

Yea, tbh I suspected it would go this way.

Izzy fought smart.
Ugh when smart means boring and safe as fuck we as fans lose. Guessing you thought Woodley Wonderboy 2 was a technical masterpiece.

Thought it was an awesome fight. Both were feinting like crazy so there was relatively little striking. Exactly what you would expect at this level.

Back