Anyone got home gyms

Yeah a power rack, barbells, several hundred kilos and some dumbbells on racks. I also have a skierg. Haven't got around to getting an assault bike yet for sprints.

I'M getting older and might switch from free weights to machines over the next ten years or so and do HIT to avoid old man injuries.

Home gyms are great. Although you can achieve a lot with bodyweight stuff like burpees and a chin up and dip station.

Pull-up bar, gymnastic rings, push up bars, few dumbbells, ab wheel

I got a heavy bag and double end bag set up
got a Olympic bar and about 405lbs in weight all together
but there isn't enough room to lift in my apartment so it has been gathering dust
plus my wife started using the hey bag set up to dry clothes lol
still it's fun to have the kids play around on the heavy bag and double end bag.
my 3 year old likes singing hay makers for the blood God on the heavy bag and my 6 year old likes to play on he double end bag (a more cerebral endevour)

Pull-up bar
Kettlebells
Dumbbells
The old school spring that you bend
Some bands
Medicine ball
The corner of a counter for dips

Double end bag
Heavy Bag
Wall mounts for resistance band work
Waist attachment for banded jump variants
Homemade reflex bag
Barbell + weights
Weighted vest
10 and 20lb med balls
Various sensors and doohickeys for measuring things like punching force (or kicks, slaps, elbows..), jump height, barbell speed, estimated power on med ball slams, reaction time, etc. It's an ongoing project of mine.

Cardio:
Shovel & Dirt
Push Reel Mower
Manual Treadmill

It's about 150sq ft so I keep it pretty minimal. I make do with light floor presses instead of flat bench and time under tension or paused front squats for my squat work.

Last edited:
Yeah.

Power rack with cable machine, bench
Squat rack
Olympic bar and dumbbells
1" bar and dumbbells
Hex bar
About 500kg in weight
Weight vests, slam balls, bands
A rogue echo V3 bike
Heavy bag

It's the only way. People suck and I'm not going anywhere to exercise.

Yup.

Bench with squat rack
Variety of bars,plates
Chinning/dip/leg up station
Punch bag
Mats
Treadmill
Kettle bells
Grips
Wrist rollers
Bands
Tractor tyres x 2 in garden
Dragging sled
Bike roller

Plus loads of boxing/striking gear .

Snap! Knew I liked you for a reason.

Yeah.

Squat rack
1" bar and dumbbells
Hex bar
About 500kg in weight
A rogue echo V3 bike
Heavy bag

Oh, I don't use it, I just have it....

Also , forgot , medicine ball ,push up stands ( couple of types) and suspension trainer thing.

Have a treadmill that hasn’t been used in 6 months.

Yeah.

Squat rack
1" bar and dumbbells
Hex bar
About 500kg in weight
A rogue echo V3 bike
Heavy bag

"It's the only way. People suck and I'm not going anywhere to exercise."

This. I haven't set foot in a commercial gym in decades. I have two rooms full of gear and a treadmill and bike set up in the loungeroom facing the TV.

It's pretty hard to come up with excuses to not work out when there's equipment that I can literally reach out and touch from the couch.

I only lifted at home for years, but now I mix between home and YMCA while kids are at sports practices. Home gym setup:

Sumo rack
700+ lbs of plates between regular plates and bumper plates
Texas Power Bar, bar for olympic lifts, trap bar, curl bar
Dumbells ranging from 5 lbs to 90 lbs (missing a couple sets in that range)
2 heavy bags
Knockoff peloton
Treadmill
Various Captains of Crush grippers
Jump ropes

I like the YMCA for cables, leg press, various machines

Some of the best money I spent, use it 4-5 times a week for the past few years. No traveling to a gym full of cockheads, just do my shit and do whatever in between sets around the house. Game changer!

Yeah
Bench set up with Olympic bar
Squat rack set up with Olympic bar
Homemade lat pull-down cable set up with various attachment.(I did that coated cable with ball bearing and hardware)
Homemade wrist roller
25lbs of rice in a 5 gallon bucket with lid.
I have a bunch of plates picked up cheap.
Set of 50lb dumbbells
(I want to buy an adjustable set on Marketplace or something in the near future)
Heavy bag and stand

*I also have a free work provided gym membership.
Place has a bunch of Cyber ex machine set ups for upper and lower body. They also have dumbbells up to 100lbs.

I don’t really mess with the smith machines they have. More into the maintaining of dealing with instability. Working with almost 45 year old ligament and tissues.

Whatever you can do to make it a consistent endeavor is great imo.

I do. Nothing beats waking up for 20 minutes and walking out to the garage to lift. I can workout with my shirt off, make stupid faces and noises and it doesnt bother anyone. Plus I dont have to wait for any machines.

The only thing that sucks is my garage doesnt have a bunch of big booty latinas showing off everywhere. You also gotta be careful using more weight then your comfortable with.

same. plus I got a heavy bag out there so that has been a ton of fun.

the only reason i'd go to a public gym is to see women.

Yes man thanks. I’m about 7 years post rotator cuff surgery and have gone through every sort of physical therapy/ rehab type things since. Those resistance bands I haven’t touched in years because they always broke even at toughest color.
Youre right that temperature makes them disintegrate
I will give the ones you use a try ! Thanks

hmmm for some reason i now have the urge to play golf, and i absolutely hate golf.

Last edited:
Back