Law Are you surprised that Texas has made the move to push many conservative laws recently?

You ever find it odd that America’s most red (worst states) all have the worst rates of infant mortality? Some as bad as 3rd world nations.

That’s what happens when you only care about “children” in name only and use them And their mothers as political pawns and nothing more.

the republicans want to regress this nation back to the 1800s. There will never be any true meaningful progress with them at the levers of power and government. Their ideas are all dead. There isn’t one issue facing our nation today they even want to discuss.
Do you have some statistics on that? Infant mortality is one the most entry-level political talking points that show how misleading statistics can be.

I don’t know about a state by state breakdown, but all those stats showing how far behind we are compared to Europe, suddenly disappear once we all start using the same standards. This is shit that was debunked like 30 years ago. IIRC we’re on par with Finland as a nation, although Finland has a relatively high infant mortality rate for a European nation

I’m probably in the minority here.
I don’t want roads and hospitals blocked either, unless it’s by hookers.
Hookers blocking roads are most likely ugly skanks who need to pester you to pay for them tbh

I’ll take the hookers that make me come to them

This is just going to motivate people to vote. That is terrible news for Republicans. Putting in all that effort to make voting harder while doing your best to piss people off just enough to ensure they vote en masse.

Texas might go blue sooner than expected.

Fuck you Rogan. Lol.

Seeing how Texas is truly not even a red state, it's a purple state that some believe can turn blue within the next few decades. Among the new Texas laws are a voting law that some are calling restrictive, an abortion law that is apparently more restrictive than in any other state in the nation, first state to make prostitution a felony, largest state to enact permitless carry, ban on homeless encampments, ban on critical race theory, laws against protestors blocking roads and hospitals. How do you see these laws being received in Texas long term and short term? Given the growing number of Democrat voters in the state

It’s not purple yet but this ban on abortions will turn it that way either from people standing up to the 6 week rule and unconstitutional deputizing of citizens (lol they bitched about Jan 6th turning in people) of from the new crop of minorities that will be voting in 18 years time because it’s been shown the abortion ban heavily impacts minority groups more.

This is just going to motivate people to vote. That is terrible news for Republicans. Putting in all that effort to make voting harder while doing your best to piss people off just enough to ensure they vote en masse.

Texas might go blue sooner than expected.

Fuck you Rogan. Lol.
i guess our three weeks of early voting makes it pretty difficult for people to vote. are you one of those racist people that think that poc don't have id's?

Do you have some statistics on that? Infant mortality is one the most entry-level political talking points that show how misleading statistics can be.

I don’t know about a state by state breakdown, but all those stats showing how far behind we are compared to Europe, suddenly disappear once we all start using the same standards. This is shit that was debunked like 30 years ago. IIRC we’re on par with Finland as a nation, although Finland has a relatively high infant mortality rate for a European nation

Do you need me to do a google search for you? Do it yourself.

Do you need me to do a google search for you? Do it yourself.
This is the second time today where ive actually done the homework, found a conclusion that was contrary to what someone was claiming, and then was told to do my homework when I ask for a source

In short: nice duck

This is the second time today where ive actually done the homework, found a conclusion that was contrary to what someone was claiming, and then was told to do my homework when I ask for a source

In short: nice duck

okay. I don’t know what you want me to say about it.

It's a death rattle.

The dying breaths of dying ideologies.

"Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

sorry. starts 17 days before the election and ends 4 days before. my bad. difficult indeed

now what about poc and the id's bud?
Why do you think the Texas Republicans decided to make all these changes that have people so upset??

it just seems like texas is living up to the sterotype the rest of the world has about texas

states with restrictive abortion laws and high rates of infant mortality Also voted against Medicaid expansion that helps pregnant women receive affordable healthcare.

Republicans really are trash.

It's certainly incoherent to be in favor of banning abortion while simultaneously wanting to strip the socioeconomic safety net programs that a large number of those precious human lives will depend on and instead just have them go die in a gutter somewhere. I'd think any would-be parents who seriously entertain the idea of aborting their child probably aren't fit to be one and aside from an inability to provide for them financially, the ramifications of shitty parents in general is another factor that looms large on society. I don't like abortion and actually find it tragic tbh but for a pragmatist of any persuasion, pro-choice is the only option that makes sense. Like, I'd be surprised if @JudoThrowFiasco wasn't.

Anti abortion agenda is among the dumbest ideas in republican wheelhouse. It's legit the best and cheapest option to reducing poverty class from reproducing. Pro choice is by definition economically conservative.

That being said, Texas / GOP could drop the anti immigration mantra and still pass hardlined religious conservative policy and probably win over alot of votes.
Texan Hispanics catholics are probably not going to rally against abortion and open carry policies

Last edited:
Why do you think the Texas Republicans decided to make all these changes that have people so upset??
also, weren't you the genius that was telling us that slaves didn't exist in ancient egypt?

Back