ATF may rule AR and AK pistols as AOWs

We got lucky holding them off this time…the ATF has proved time and time again that they have no problem overstepping on our rights (just ask Randy Weaver). They will regroup and make another run at braces and likely 80% guns too. We have overwhelming numbers if we can get all the responsible gun owners to stand up. We CAN beat them back but they count on our apathy. We need to fight every attempt at infringing our 2A rights. From bump stocks to braces we can’t give an inch because they will never be satisfied and always push for more control.

The ATF doesnt have the manpower to even begin to attempt to enforce that kind of thing.
Randomly put agents at a range to 'bust' them for shouldering a brace? Dude, the only people that even bother with stuff like that are range fudds who like to hassle you over stamps. I got an SOT and i LOVE to bring out the fun stuff when i know some piss offed old timer is going to be sharing my range space
Is it wrong I do the same thing when I go to a legit range?

I take all my ARs and spend a ton of time running those if some old Fudd is next to me and can feel them glaring the whole time.

Then I pull out the Weatherby Vanguard and re-zero my Leupold scope on it complete with sunshade to get them curious (it's in 30-06 with a polymer stock and a military style turret).

Then, I pull out my grandfathers Savage 99 .300 Savage with Irons and my dad's .300 WinMag Winchester Model 70 Alaskan in walnut and crank off two full boxes of each.

By this point the fudds can't figure out why they hate me. The 14.5 inch AR that I rattle canned and have a light on or because I have two antique guns they want to turn into safe queens that I am shooting.

EDIT:
Also since, at least for now the ATF appears to be backing off (probably until March when they do something else really stupid) I decided to start buying the parts to finish my pistol build. Have the lower and upper so I grabbed a Geissele ultra duty lower parts kit, I have an older G2S Geissele trigger I was going to put in my AR10 but since that came from PSA with a trigger I will put the G2S in the pistol build to finish it faster, a BCM gunfighter grip, and a castle nut, end plate, and castle nut wrench on the way leaving just the barrle, gas tube, muzzle device, and handguard left (and gas block too obviously).

I already have a Spikes BCG laying around to use in this and will throw my T1 onto it off my 14.5 build and throw my MRO onto the 14.5 build.

All I would need is some backup irons and I want to go fixed front again, looking at Scalarworks or the Daniel Defense front sight. Can't decide on the backsite. Kinda want a Knights Armament or this:
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...15-usgi-backup-iron-rear-sight-prod26575.aspx

Yes, I'm going for a Mk18 clone. The barrel and muzzle devices are proving to be giant bitches to find. Want a 10.5" Faxon pencil but they've been out of stock for months and can't decide between paying out the ass for a SureFire warcomp or if I should try and get a Deadair Trifecta.

Last edited:
Heads up, ATF said they were pulling it back right? Well, its still up on their site. So, if any yall haven't filled out a complaint, go ahead and do that.

EDIT:
Also since, at least for now the ATF appears to be backing off (probably until March when they do something else really stupid) I decided to start buying the parts to finish my pistol build. Have the lower and upper so I grabbed a Geissele ultra duty lower parts kit, I have an older G2S Geissele trigger I was going to put in my AR10 but since that came from PSA with a trigger I will put the G2S in the pistol build to finish it faster, a BCM gunfighter grip, and a castle nut, end plate, and castle nut wrench on the way leaving just the barrle, gas tube, muzzle device, and handguard left (and gas block too obviously).

I already have a Spikes BCG laying around to use in this and will throw my T1 onto it off my 14.5 build and throw my MRO onto the 14.5 build.

All I would need is some backup irons and I want to go fixed front again, looking at Scalarworks or the Daniel Defense front sight. Can't decide on the backsite. Kinda want a Knights Armament or this:
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...15-usgi-backup-iron-rear-sight-prod26575.aspx

Yes, I'm going for a Mk18 clone. The barrel and muzzle devices are proving to be giant bitches to find. Want a 10.5" Faxon pencil but they've been out of stock for months and can't decide between paying out the ass for a SureFire warcomp or if I should try and get a Deadair Trifecta.
This reminded me of an incident this month. Dude comes into our shop wanting a custom AR build. So one of my armorers and I walk him through a bunch of options and after a lot of hemming and hawwing about configurations, caliber, etc, we get this go rolling on an Aero precision M4e1 upper and lower, with a very tasteful Seekins Nox rail, Rise armament 434 trigger, Law folder and SBA3 brace, Ballistic advantage barrel ERGO adj gasblock and SLR linear hybrid comp in TiN with a color matched BCG. We build this beast out, and homeboys card shits the bed. It happens. So he rolls out and just leaves. WTF over?
so he comes back like a week later, right before we start to disassemble this AR for parts, and says he sorted his bank issues and is ready to pony up. Yay us right? wrong. Bank stiff arms him. He's making his excuses and im like, fuck it bro. Put a quarter deposit on the build and we'll let you pay it off however the bank allows your money to be spent. Doesnt even give us a quarter of the cost (would have been about 710 buck), just plunks down 500 in his store acct.
another week and half go by. Now he calls my shop and says fuck the whole thing, refund his money, he doesnt want an AR anymore.

are you shitting me?

so basically i tell him that money is spent, as in his receipt states that all gun purchases are final, he paid for a background check on the lower, and put 500 on deposit towards completion. At BEST, if im fucking generous, i would refund him his deposit MINUS the builder fee for assembling the rifle, and a builder fee AGAIN for having to dismantle the entire thing. All the packaging is gone from the parts used in his build but he's fussing at me over the phone like i OWE him his money back. dude...this week....

This reminded me of an incident this month. Dude comes into our shop wanting a custom AR build. So one of my armorers and I walk him through a bunch of options and after a lot of hemming and hawwing about configurations, caliber, etc, we get this go rolling on an Aero precision M4e1 upper and lower, with a very tasteful Seekins Nox rail, Rise armament 434 trigger, Law folder and SBA3 brace, Ballistic advantage barrel ERGO adj gasblock and SLR linear hybrid comp in TiN with a color matched BCG. We build this beast out, and homeboys card shits the bed. It happens. So he rolls out and just leaves. WTF over?
so he comes back like a week later, right before we start to disassemble this AR for parts, and says he sorted his bank issues and is ready to pony up. Yay us right? wrong. Bank stiff arms him. He's making his excuses and im like, fuck it bro. Put a quarter deposit on the build and we'll let you pay it off however the bank allows your money to be spent. Doesnt even give us a quarter of the cost (would have been about 710 buck), just plunks down 500 in his store acct.
another week and half go by. Now he calls my shop and says fuck the whole thing, refund his money, he doesnt want an AR anymore.

are you shitting me?

so basically i tell him that money is spent, as in his receipt states that all gun purchases are final, he paid for a background check on the lower, and put 500 on deposit towards completion. At BEST, if im fucking generous, i would refund him his deposit MINUS the builder fee for assembling the rifle, and a builder fee AGAIN for having to dismantle the entire thing. All the packaging is gone from the parts used in his build but he's fussing at me over the phone like i OWE him his money back. dude...this week....
God that’s rough. Store that is my favorite in town is hiring but I live over an hour away so I’m not bothering with applying. Guys know their shit and are all super friendly and good customer service guys. Plus a range..... with full blown machine guns

God that’s rough. Store that is my favorite in town is hiring but I live over an hour away so I’m not bothering with applying. Guys know their shit and are all super friendly and good customer service guys. Plus a range..... with full blown machine guns
I'd 100% make that commute lol

Is it wrong I do the same thing when I go to a legit range?

I take all my ARs and spend a ton of time running those if some old Fudd is next to me and can feel them glaring the whole time.

Then I pull out the Weatherby Vanguard and re-zero my Leupold scope on it complete with sunshade to get them curious (it's in 30-06 with a polymer stock and a military style turret).

Then, I pull out my grandfathers Savage 99 .300 Savage with Irons and my dad's .300 WinMag Winchester Model 70 Alaskan in walnut and crank off two full boxes of each.

By this point the fudds can't figure out why they hate me. The 14.5 inch AR that I rattle canned and have a light on or because I have two antique guns they want to turn into safe queens that I am shooting.

EDIT:

<Kpop01>

Move?

I'm scrambling to build an AR right now. Used to shoot a lot when I was younger but haven't paid much attention to guns again until recently, and I'm in lame ass California so who knows when these things will be impossible to get. It will be here first for sure. I wish I would had done this a few years back so much shit is on backorder and parts are looking pricey. I'm budgeting around $1,000 for a build.

I'm scrambling to build an AR right now. Used to shoot a lot when I was younger but haven't paid much attention to guns again until recently, and I'm in lame ass California so who knows when these things will be impossible to get. It will be here first for sure. I wish I would had done this a few years back so much shit is on backorder and parts are looking pricey. I'm budgeting around $1,000 for a build.
Good luck man....if there is a part u really want get on a waiting list and buy as soon as you get the email.

Back