Aug.7th Stanionis vs Collazo PBC FOX

To be honest, good figbt to retire on. Showing you still had a bit of sickness, had a LOT of game to fight back and take shots, etc. Didnt have to take prolonged beating

Damn, that his mom tho?

Last edited:
Shame about the headbutt in the Collazo-Stanionis match, and good work to get the win by Santamaria.

But fuck anyone who scored that fight for Maestre, what an absolute disgrace.

I have always liked him for some reason, thought he got a bit snubbed against Bradley cause of headbutts... but yea, he is/was known for having fairly boring fights.
I seem to recall him being the cause of a lot of those butts he complained about.

I think I gave him 10 rounds plus the KD. I probably could have given him 11 rounds. The fight wasn't even close and is another example of absolute corruption. Maestre tried some BS at the beginning with the tape and got no reprimand, and then whatever system they were using to score which punches landed made the fight look closer than it was. I don't believe those numbers at all. Nobody that watched that fight could have scored it honestly for Maestre. Now what happens is that he has another loss on his record, and when it's all said and done that's what people will look at.

A year from now if he tells people he won the fight he will have people say "no, clearly you lost because it's a loss on your record". It's an absolute disgrace. The kid obviously put time in the gym to learn from his last fight where he lost to a pressure fighter. He had naysayers like me thinking he was going to get blown-out against a former Olympian. Then he turns around and shocks everyone by winning a fight easily (probably as a huge underdog) and they took it away from him. All those hours in the gym sparring and training and to get screwed like that is heartbreaking.

The regulars here should really watch this one and let me know if I'm out of line here. It's such a bad decision that there has to be a betting fix or something going on.

I heard about the decision, I'm trying to find the full fight but I only see Highlights out there.

They had it 118-109 for Fox? Holy smokes. And the one card was 117-110 for Maestre? Wow. I didn't see it yet, almost hate to watch a horrible robbery but I will later.
Ugh.
Not even a close dec. Fox even dropped him

They had it 118-109 for Fox? Holy smokes. And the one card was 117-110 for Maestre? Wow. I didn't see it yet, almost hate to watch a horrible robbery but I will later.
Ugh.

Yeah it's pretty bad. I think they showed one of the analyst's unofficial scorecards near the end of the fight and he had all but 1 or 2 rounds to Fox, plus the 10-8 round Fox had too. As the announcer was reading out the decision Maestre looked dejected, and Fox was like "yeah give me my money" and when they read out the decision even the commentators couldn't hide their feelings.

Utter disgrace. One of the worse decisions i've ever seen in any combat sport.

If you actually research just how blatant the corruption is it's disgusting. Lou DiBella is calling for a federal investigation and I agree. Between judge Gloria Hernandez being married to a WBA official and the racist string of tweets against black folks on public record there is clear bias. People cannot let this one go, it's an absolute travesty. Fox won going away, this isn't a fight that can even be argued for Mastre. Find me one person other than the judges that honestly even had the fight close!

I may be fighting for the junior silver interim WBA belt next, and it will be my pro debut. I'll get KO'ed in two seconds but win by DQ after they plant a horseshoe in my opponents glove 15 minutes after his gloves are off. Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up.

Don't know if this shows it all but i just found this.

Wow. That was shocking. Being generous you might might give Mastre 2 rounds if you want to be generous but fairly he won the first round only.

I really feel like judging is getting worse from boxing to MMA to the the Olympics there's just so many baffling calls and there's gonna be some human error of course but these kinds of things just damange the sport and these fighters lives.

Why the fuck was there an interim WBA title fight when the WBA welterweight champ is fighting in 2 weeks?

Wow. That was shocking. Being generous you might might give Mastre 2 rounds if you want to be generous but fairly he won the first round only.

I really feel like judging is getting worse from boxing to MMA to the the Olympics there's just so many baffling calls and there's gonna be some human error of course but these kinds of things just damange the sport and these fighters lives.

Why the fuck was there an interim WBA title fight when the WBA welterweight champ is fighting in 2 weeks?

WBA just doing WBA things. They have Mario Barrios, the guy who just lost at 140 to Tank, as the #6 WW...

I thought Maestra was generally more effective with his aggression (certainly to the body) and landed the cleaner, harder shots. He also spent most of the night stalking Fox, though that’s not the same as ring generalship of course. Commentary team was taking a lot about Fox “touching” his opponent and “scoring shots”, even joking about his amateur style. But that’s not how pro fights are scored. They also seemed to downplay Marstra’s bodywork. Plenty of close rounds for me in the fight. Not a robbery.

I thought Maestra was generally more effective with his aggression (certainly to the body) and landed the cleaner, harder shots. He also spent most of the night stalking Fox, though that’s not the same as ring generalship of course. Commentary team was taking a lot about Fox “touching” his opponent and “scoring shots”, even joking about his amateur style. But that’s not how pro fights are scored. They also seemed to downplay Marstra’s bodywork. Plenty of close rounds for me in the fight. Not a robbery.

How did you score it? I'm not sure I've seen anyone else say it was even close. I didn't see much effective bodywork to be honest, and he didn't land the cleaner shots or harder shots. He got knocked down and got hit hard by short punches all night plus Maestre was at the end of the jab all night and frankly didn't do a good job at closing distance. Honestly, did you score the fight for Mastre?

How did you score it? I'm not sure I've seen anyone else say it was even close. I didn't see much effective bodywork to be honest, and he didn't land the cleaner shots or harder shots. He got knocked down and got hit hard by short punches all night plus Maestre was at the end of the jab all night and frankly didn't do a good job at closing distance. Honestly, did you score the fight for Mastre?

I thought Fox won, but that Maestra took a couple of rounds early on with his bodywork and there were also a few close rounds that could have gone either way in the first half of the fight.

The 117-110 scorecard was rediculous.

Edit. Watching the second half of the fight again - Fox clearly won those rounds.

Back