Aug.7th Stanionis vs Collazo PBC FOX

Neither guy can be upset if they lose. Both fought way too tentative and with low output. Lack of power punching by both guys and Alexander should consider just retiring at this point. Santamaria isn't good.

I just caught the last 2 rounds...close fight?

I forgot how annoying Devon Alexander was.

I have always liked him for some reason, thought he got a bit snubbed against Bradley cause of headbutts... but yea, he is/was known for having fairly boring fights.

Official scores:

97-93
98-92 x2

Santamaría

Well...BKFC awaits.

98x92 twice? Unsure about that, but I guess the right guy won. Not a fan of the fight in general.

Last edited:
Mykal Fox is from right up the road but other than his height there's not much he brings to the table. If Maestre is good he should win pretty easily.

Marco Antonio Barerra used to do that shit with the gloves.

Santamaria just beat Mykal Fox last year. So, I don't know what that says about the competitiveness of the next fight. I expect the Venezuelan, Maestre to win inside the distance. He's only 3-0 but he was a very high-level amateur & has KO'd all three of his pro opponents. All of whom had fairly good records. So, it'll likely be a short night for Fox.

Let me ask you guys a question. Do you think less guys are learning how to jab off their back foot than in the past? Fox is like 6'4 and is jabbing by lunging with his front foot so that he is negating his reach advantage.

Fox is doing much better so far than I expected. I always have to root for the local guy, and this is really unexpected which is cool to see.

Back