Economy August Jobs Report a massive disappointment

Also sniffing joe; references the bad son.

There was a mexican family outside Walmart yesterday, no idea if legal or not, begging for money. 5 feet to the left of them was a 'hiring' sign. I guess if they're illegal it wouldn't matter.

People, stop giving these freeloaders money. I know you feel better about yourself, but there's plenty of jobs.

It's year round work, with the option of plenty of OT.
I'm not the owner, so I don't set the wages. Depending on experience they start out between 15-17(which is in the higher end for the area).
Not sure what the "lol" is about, it's a laborer position. No brain required(that's why I'm there), just pick this up, carry it over there and set it down.
With your "lol", I'm guessing you think $17 isn't enough for a beginning position?

$17 an hour is fine for a kid fresh out of high school, but don't pretend like you can't comprehend why grown adults don't want that job. Your $17 an hour wages aren't doing anything for the middle class.

I'm sorry that you aren't able to snag cheap labor like you used to. Kids these days.

$17 an hour is fine for a kid fresh out of high school, but don't pretend like you can't comprehend why grown adults don't want that job. Your $17 an hour wages aren't doing anything for the middle class.

I'm sorry that you aren't able to snag cheap labor like you used to. Kids these days.
Well... Guess what, most of the time it's filled by grown ass adults. I've got one Laborer now, he's a 48 yr old Cuban guy. Hell of a worker! He's thanked me several times for giving him a job.
Tbf, I've got 35 people out there currently, most of them work for subs. And I guarantee they aren't paid as well as we pay lol.
Also, we teach our laborers. So they get their paycheck, and also learn the trade.
Paid to learn a trade, pretty good deal if you ask me. But I'm sure you can conjure up some snarky reply.

Extra unemployment running out, the lazy will start looking for work soon...

Calm down, I know not everyone collecting is lazy. But there is plenty of work out there. Shit, if anyone here needs a job, Louisville area, I need 2 laborers right now. Been looking for 2 months, nobody "wants" to work anymore...
Wasn't the unemployment wagon supposed to end this month?

Well... Guess what, most of the time it's filled by grown ass adults. I've got one Laborer now, he's a 48 yr old Cuban guy. Hell of a worker! He's thanked me several times for giving him a job.
Tbf, I've got 35 people out there currently, most of them work for subs. And I guarantee they aren't paid as well as we pay lol.
Also, we teach our laborers. So they get their paycheck, and also learn the trade.
Paid to learn a trade, pretty good deal if you ask me. But I'm sure you can conjure up some snarky reply.

17 an hour ain't a bad starting wage for a laborer. Especially if you live outside CA or NY.

17 an hour ain't a bad starting wage for a laborer. Especially if you live outside CA or NY.
Nothing is ever good enough for most people these days... This is exactly what happens when fast food pays 15 lol.

There were more jobs added last month (and in every other month of Biden's presidency so far) than in Trump's entire four-year term, though.

of course, it's easy to add tons of jobs after removing them.

it's harder to maintain a ~4% unemployment rate.

I work at a pretty big tech company with a good reputation. We have been having trouble filling in two 6 figure positions for about a year now. We aren't even that picky, there's just a lack of candidates. I know it pays well because I am making 40% over industry average in a similar position.

From what im seeing there are just a lot of tech positions available right now. Im in the middle of looking and easily looking at 15k raise without much effort in even really looking.

Calm down, I know not everyone collecting is lazy. But there is plenty of work out there. Shit, if anyone here needs a job, Louisville area, I need 2 laborers right now. Been looking for 2 months, nobody "wants" to work anymore...
Loiusville definitely busy for construction, im out of indy but putting sprinklers in the jewish community center of Loiusville atm

How much should you be paid for running the show?
Bout tree fiddy

My hourly rate isn't the greatest. But I get end of job bonuses, and yearly production bonuses (everyone does after a year).
I've gotten around 5k in bonuses so far this year, production bonus will be in late November, early December. Got 5k for that last year.

what isnt a massive disappointment these days?

What's a "laborer" worth? 8 bucks an hour?

Back