Economy August Jobs Report a massive disappointment

I didn't mean fighting as in physically, I meant as in business and dealing with foreign adversaries, etc. I don't give a shit whether or not he was in the military.

Oh then I agree from a business point I guess . But at the end alot of people could beat him up physically lol.

I think you're trolling.

I guess pretending to think that people are trolling is a good way to insulate yourself from uncomfortable facts.

The disease doesn't care about words.

Correct. Humans do, though. Obviously if the president that you trust more than real news is telling you not to worry you're less likely to take precautions, though. I mean, come on, Cubo. You're pretty obnoxious, but it's not often that I see you sticking up for politicians A) lying to the public and B) completely fouling up their jobs. Maybe you want to step back and think about how you got to this point.

And Trump caught a ton of heat for shutting down some travel when he did. Then of course there's the fact that other than throwing money at the problem, the measures to be taken (eg. sheltering, masks, etc. ) are to be decided at the state and local level.

He got heat for a half-assed, symbolic travel ban (that conveniently exempted areas where he had properties, for no good reason) and for not taking any really effective steps to contain the spread.

Trump's response wasn't the best possible. But nothing you can dream up that's realistic would have stopped the spread.

Wow. What gives you such confidence in that? Were you reading the Biden team's comments in January 2020?

Without laws there is no execution.

???

Pretty sure Trump wouldn't be doing anything to slow the vaccine's availability. Pretty sure he'd have signed stimulus measures since he seemed to embrace the idea that people liked him more when they got free money. And don't look now, but states are still making their own choices on how to handle things.

The states that are fucking it up are exactly the ones who Trump would have been able to influence the most, though, no?

This isn't a covid thread. Suffice it to say, this recent jobs report isn't really the result of what Joe has or hasn't done. It's what science predicted over a year ago (i.e. a 2nd wave with more potential for damage).

True, it's a thread about how the latest wave negatively impacted job growth. But I added some context: Job growth last month is still higher than it was in the four years of Trump's presidency combined, and that caused a lot of partisans to lose their minds.

People have been raising pay too, so much for the idea that people will work if you give them more.

Yes, but that wage growth is under 5% while inflation continues to be higher. The real wages actually decreased. Whoops.

Extra unemployment running out, the lazy will start looking for work soon...

Calm down, I know not everyone collecting is lazy. But there is plenty of work out there. Shit, if anyone here needs a job, Louisville area, I need 2 laborers right now. Been looking for 2 months, nobody "wants" to work anymore...

You're probably offering like $17 an hour for seasonal work lol

Unemployment still fell.

There's a phenomenon called the "Great Resignation" where a bunch of millenials are leaving jobs this year without looking for a new job. They plan to start work next year

Translation: rich suburban kids are moving in with mom and dad again and will look for work once they realize how hard it is to get laid at their parent's house.

No, we're still in the middle of a plague. Gotta shut everything down again and send out not enough money for people to live on.
We MUST shut down to save your grandma!!!
Why do you hate old people?

Seriously though. If delta is worse, why are we reopening? Doesn't that sound fishy to you? Almost like it was politicized and used as a tool?
It might have to do with the amount of people that are vaccinated now.

Are you trying to be stupid, or is that really you?

Trump had a worldwide pandemic start on his watch. Joe Biden got to come in with vaccines to aid him inspiring re-hiring / new hiring. Trump's numbers were stellar prior to the pandemic.

chart.png

That chart illustrates all pandemic and not policy as the cause. In fact, Trump's gains in urban areas were exceptional, especially for minorities.

You're welcome... now knock it off... or are you just trolling?
Did the jobs falling off a cliff coincide with Trump downplaying the risk of the virus and the virtues of masking and social distancing?

You're probably offering like $17 an hour for seasonal work lol
It's year round work, with the option of plenty of OT.
I'm not the owner, so I don't set the wages. Depending on experience they start out between 15-17(which is in the higher end for the area).
Not sure what the "lol" is about, it's a laborer position. No brain required(that's why I'm there), just pick this up, carry it over there and set it down.
With your "lol", I'm guessing you think $17 isn't enough for a beginning position?

Just wait and see if Biden’s tax plan goes through. Corporations will lay off like never before to offset the costs. Many big companies have already placed hiring freezes starting in August as 2022 planning has begun. These freezes are also due to many other factors (Covid resurgence and implications) but if the tax goes through it will be a blood bath and the stock market will free fall.

Lol at Biden bots thinking a $2T tax over a decade will not lead to corporations not offsetting via cost cutting…

Just wait and see if Biden’s tax plan goes through. Corporations will lay off like never before to offset the costs. Many big companies have already placed hiring freezes starting in August as 2022 planning has begun. These freezes are also due to many other factors (Covid resurgence and implications) but if the tax goes through it will be a blood bath and the stock market will free fall.

Lol at Biden bots thinking a $2T tax over a decade will not lead to corporations not offsetting via cost cutting…

It takes a special sort of asshole to hike taxes during a recession caused by a global pandemic

Yeah even msnbc said that. Think you can only hike taxes so much so fast before companies simply not hire.especially when they can off shore

Are you trying to be stupid, or is that really you?

Trump had a worldwide pandemic start on his watch. Joe Biden got to come in with vaccines to aid him inspiring re-hiring / new hiring. Trump's numbers were stellar prior to the pandemic.

chart.png

That chart illustrates all pandemic and not policy as the cause. In fact, Trump's gains in urban areas were exceptional, especially for minorities.

You're welcome... now knock it off... or are you just trolling?
and Bunker Boy inherited a good market that Obama produced

Who'd you vote for?
Neither of those clowns.
I was very disappointed we ended up with 2 dumpster fire candidates (again). So I sit back and laugh at you guys that are so attached to "your side" you can't see anything for what it actually is.

Dementia Joe...most accurate

i have no definitive proof that he has dementia. He likes to sniff, there is no jury on earth that wouldn’t convict that charge, despite it not being a crime, yet. So with all due respect; you are wrong and I am right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back