AUGUSTO SAKAI, FORMER BELLATOR HEAVYWEIGHT, NOW 3-0 IN THE UFC

SalvadorAllende said: ↑
I make you a bet (loser leaves Sherdog) that Sakai does not become a top 5 fighter in 2 years from now (easy task in HW, he needs 2 more wins) but you are so dumb that will get banned before that. You already have yellows and you are trolling hard.

You are either Sakai girlfriend, manager or a total idiot. Or maybe you are like that Tyrell Fortune troll here.

This dude is an idiot! You know nothing about talent or even what makes a great fighter. If a heavyweight goes from Bellator to UFC and then goes 3-0...that guy was most defiantly a top prospect in the B league that is Bellator! @Rodney is correct! Your a clown on all you can do is talk shit because you have no idea about the fight game. Probably never even thrown a punch let alone competed in anything. (no your jeet kon do does not count) IF a guy goes 3-0 in the biggest and toughest promtiion in the world he is a "prospect" that means in bellator he was in the top 8 easy! Tyrell Fortune is a F-ing amazing prospect, and if you can't see it you have no idea what your looking at. I know you think names like Kimbo Slice, Country, Ryan Courture, WWE guys, or who ever else Bellator tells you is the next big thing you will run out and parrot who they want to push! Like @Rodney says, Bellatore has NOT been known to create stars! In fact Tyrell will be the biggest star Scott coker will ever have and he does not see it! Coker does not look to build stars, just promote his friends from San Jose. He is not in the star making business. He is a "poacher" and his only idea is to live off of old UFC names. Period! It takes work and skill to create a brand and a star. You have to find the right matches, styles and names to create buzz around the performance. This takes work and an open mind, They don't have the eye of even want to do this.

@Salvador keep me out of your conversations and mouth! Get a clue of what @Rodney is saying, because he is correct and 3-0 in the UFC is your proof! Idiot! But your a cave man Rickles and Kimbo Jr fan so you know what your talking about, #amiright?

Bellartor has some HUGE potential superstars! but it's not the ones who bellator pushes or get's behind. Matt Mittrione was never a super star. NOT IN THE UFC AND NOT NOW IN HIS 40'S! Tyrell Fortune has 10x the potential star power than a Mitrione, Kimbo Jr, Pico, John Fitch, a Rugby player of a Fake WWE beef plant opponent. You think I am high on Mr Fortune or kiss his ass? I just know talent when I see it. I am 10x smarter than any sherdoger or writer when it comes to fight talent. Period! I know what to look at!

Now shut up when men are talking!

Last edited:
I make you a bet (loser leaves Sherdog) that Sakai does not become a top 5 fighter in 2 years from now (easy task in HW, he needs 2 more wins) but you are so dumb that will get banned before that. You already have yellows and you are trolling hard.

You are either Sakai girlfriend, manager or a total idiot. Or maybe you are like that Tyrell Fortune troll here.

This dude is an idiot! You know nothing about talent or even what makes a great fighter. If a heavyweight goes from Bellator to UFC and then goes 3-0...that guy was most defiantly a top prospect in the B league that is Bellator! @Rodney is correct! Your a clown on all you can do is talk shit because you have no idea about the fight game. Probably never even thrown a punch let alone competed in anything. (no your jeet kon do does not count) IF a guy goes 3-0 in the biggest and toughest promtiion in the world he is a "prospect" that means in bellator he was in the top 8 easy! Tyrell Fortune is a F-ing amazing prospect, and if you can't see it you have no idea what your looking at. I know you think names like Kimbo Slice, Country, Ryan Courture, WWE guys, or who ever else Bellator tells you is the next big thing you will run out and parrot who they want to push! Like @Rodney says, Bellatore has NOT been known to create stars! In fact Tyrell will be the biggest star Scott coker will ever have and he does not see it! Coker does not look to build stars, just promote his friends from San Jose. He is not in the star making business. He is a "poacher" and his only idea is to live off of old UFC names. Period! It takes work and skill to create a brand and a star. You have to find the right matches, styles and names to create buzz around the performance. This takes work and an open mind, They don't have the eye of even want to do this.

@Salvador keep me out of your conversations and mouth! Get a clue of what @Rodney is saying, because he is correct and 3-0 in the UFC is your proof! Idiot! But your a cave man Rickles and Kimbo Jr fan so you know what your talking about, #amiright?

Bellartor has some HUGE potential superstars! but it's not the ones who bellator pushes or get's behind. Matt Mittrione was never a super star. NOT IN THE UFC AND NOT NOW IN HIS 40'S! Tyrell Fortune has 10x the potential star power than a Mitrione, Kimbo Jr, Pico, John Fitch, a Rugby player of a Fake WWE beef plant opponent. You think I am high on Mr Fortune or kiss his ass? I just know talent when I see it. I am 10x smarter than any sherdoger or writer when it comes to fight talent. Period! I know what to look at!

---------------------
Dude, take a chill pill.
Sakai will be a star I would give him 4 years though. Fortune not sure yet. So many burn out quickly...

Finally, something sensible
When did I type just those words? Or are you doing some creative editing like say the lying CNN or MSNBC type thing? If you have to FAKE NEWS editing to be creative, then that is real sensitive for an adult. Can't debate, so result to doing some absolute stupidity of manufacturing a statement. Weak.

and-thats-the-bottom-line-cause-stone-cold-said-so-stone-50185824.png Go get'em @trentkelp

You're not a top prospect when you look underwhelming against guys you're supposed to destroy.....he struggled against subpar competition and was beaten by kongo who wasnt even as good then.

Dude was 0-1-1 in his last 2 fights.....

You're not a top prospect when you look underwhelming against guys you're supposed to destroy.....he struggled against subpar competition and was beaten by kongo who wasnt even as good then.

Dude was 0-1-1 in his last 2 fights.....
3-0 in the UFC makes him a top prospect in any promotion! Don't get mad because bellator managment did not see it...i mean there is a ton of talent Bellator is clueless on!

But you heard my rant before......

Besides...Beck Rollings, cave man Rickles, Ryan Corture, Kimbo Jr, SBG Conner knock offs, wwe fake fighters, your list of top prospects...lol

See the thing is man, Bellator has ALWAYS been like this. If you forget the old tournament days, which seem an era ago, Bellator has always been a second rate promotion in which prospects are still given complete bums to fight even when they are like 8-0, 9-0 etc. Add in the washed up UFC veterans and 'freakshow' type signings and what you have really is less of a MMA promotion (a big one anyway) and more of a sideshow exhibition in which fans watch former great fighters competing with celebrities and novices, and prospects crushing complete nobodies for entertainment purposes.

So knowing this, it's nobodys fucking fault by Tyrell Fortune. Nobody forced him to sign with them. He could have got to a 5-0 record in the smaller promotions like LFA/RFA etc and the UFC would have signed him - he might not be a star yet but I'll tell you one thing. Rudy Schaffroth 6-0 would have been his DEBUT opponent over there. If he still had his unbeaten record, he'd be around the title picture by now in the UFC with a 3-0 record there or something.

So if you're going to complain about something, complain about Fortune wanting to sign with a big promotion immediately and now paying the price by moving along much more slowly than he deserves. Bellator ALWAYS have doen this with prospects

Why do you care SO much? Do you derive a sense of identity from being the number one hater of the number two North American MMA org? Is that what defines you?

Bellator is doing really well. Their product on the screen and in the cage has never been better. They're making money and expanding. Get over it.

I'm really confused why TS and that other poster always go on about Bellator & Tyree Fortune, but it is funny.

Horrible mistake by Bellator
i know sakai is 4-0 and he is legit but man, is painfull to watch him fight. tbh, ivanov, sakai, and volkov are boring af. its a mistake to have let them go because bellators hw division is super shallow, but i highly doubt any of them will ever be real contenders. zero personality, zero excitement, very little finishes. A horrible mistake was for bellator to stay 2 years without minakov he is super legit andexciting; a real contender in any hw division.
kongo is another one that i could careless about his fights.

lol Coker signed Kongo to a new deal fuck Bellator sucks

i know sakai is 4-0 and he is legit but man, is painfull to watch him fight. tbh, ivanov, sakai, and volkov are boring af. its a mistake to have let them go because bellators hw division is super shallow, but i highly doubt any of them will ever be real contenders. zero personality, zero excitement, very little finishes. A horrible mistake was for bellator to stay 2 years without minakov he is super legit andexciting; a real contender in any hw division.
kongo is another one that i could careless about his fights.
He completely dominated a legit former champ. Solid kicks, good movement for his size. This is not the LW division. He is a talented fighter for sure

He completely dominated a legit former champ. Solid kicks, good movement for his size. This is not the LW division. He is a talented fighter for sure
He is legit for sure top 10, but he is not an exciting fighter. would i have kept him to add legitimacy and depth to the division? yes, absolutely. is he the next big thing? no, he is a solid top 10 fighter but he is not exciting, if yoh watch this fight or his last fights, the guy is kind of meh.

He is legit for sure top 10, but he is not an exciting fighter. would i have kept him to add legitimacy and depth to the division? yes, absolutely. is he the next big thing? no, he is a solid top 10 fighter but he is not exciting, if yoh watch this fight or his last fights, the guy is kind of meh.

I haven’t said he is the next big thing. I said it was a mistake and 4-0 makes my case. Plus 4-1 at Bellator and his only loss a split dec loss.

Hmm, considering Ivanov and Arlovski were razor thin decisions, I'm not sure he can beat anyone in the top 10 yet. His next fight should definitely be from someone within there though. Maybe Overeem (8) or Walt Harris (9).

Wasn't Arlovski dec a robbey of the year candidate? And apparently he got away with a huge fence grab vs Ivanov that turned the fight for him (didn't watch the fight - just what was written elsewhere)

He keeps squeaking out wins but I don't think he's especially good although the way he beat Tybura was impressive.

I don't think he'd be able to beat even the likes of Derrick Lewis.

Back