International Australia to use facial recognition and geo-location to enforce Covid quarantines

Hadron90

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/pandemic-australia-still-liberal-democracy/619940/

Intrastate travel within Australia is also severely restricted. And the government of South Australia, one of the country’s six states, developed and is now testing an app as Orwellian as any in the free world to enforce its quarantine rules. People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained. “I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app.”

Lol. Imagine being triple-vaxxed and wearing your two face masks at home while social distancing from your wife and her boyfriend, and then still getting arrested for not responding to a text message fast enough. Please everyone, go get more jabs and I'm sure this will be over in two weeks!

Yawn.

Bit sick of Yanks pretending they know anything about what goes on in other countries.

So from someone in Australia I'll give you guys the lowdown on what's actually happening.

1. Lockdowns worked so well for our island country that we basically eliminated the virus for the most part.
2. This meant that we got no vaccines compared the the rest of the world when they started being produced because we didn't need them.
3. We also have a completely useless federal government without the ability to acquire vaccines or roll them out despite already having systems in place for vaccine rollouts we offer each year for flu shots.
4. This has resulted in us having some of the worst vaccination rates in the world.
5. Then Delta outbreaks have occurred in the two biggest states that haven't been able to be controlled.
6. The rest of the other states are putting in major border restrictions and getting real tough on entry because the vaccines are being reserved for the two states that have fucked up, they're not vaccinated and they don't have or want covid in their state.
7. People within covid free states don't give a flying fuck about imposing incredibly harsh restrictions on anyone entering the state because with piss poor vaccination rates they don't want lockdowns or covid to fuck their economy.
8. This is where your article comes in. SA has millions of people and practically 0 cases. They want to keep it that way for the time being.
9. This won't last very long. The two biggest states are finally going away from case numbers as the determining factor as to how strict the lockdowns are and are now talking a about how vaccination rates will be the determining factor to how strict lockdowns are.
10. This means numbers of covid will go up and eventually the other states will adopt the same inevitable policy.

@Ruprecht is in SA. He'll know more about his states rules than me. Doubt this is applied to him, but rather anyone trying to enter his state.

Yawn.

Bit sick of Yanks pretending they know anything about what goes on in other countries.

So from someone in Australia I'll give you guys the lowdown on what's actually happening.

1. Lockdowns worked so well for our island country that we basically eliminated the virus for the most part.
2. This meant that we got no vaccines compared the the rest of the world when they started being produced because we didn't need them.
3. We also have a completely useless federal government without the ability to acquire vaccines or roll them out despite already having systems in place for vaccine rollouts we offer each year for flu shots.
4. This has resulted in us having some of the worst vaccination rates in the world.
5. Then Delta outbreaks have occurred in the two biggest states that haven't been able to be controlled.
6. The rest of the other states are putting in major border restrictions and getting real tough on entry because the vaccines are being reserved for the two states that have fucked up, they're not vaccinated and they don't have or want covid in their state.
7. People within covid free states don't give a flying fuck about imposing incredibly harsh restrictions on anyone entering the state because with piss poor vaccination rates they don't want lockdowns or covid to fuck their economy.
8. This is where your article comes in. SA has millions of people and practically 0 cases. They want to keep it that way for the time being.
9. This won't last very long. The two biggest states are finally going away from case numbers as the determining factor as to how strict the lockdowns are and are now talking a about how vaccination rates will be the determining factor to how strict lockdowns are.
10. This means numbers of covid will go up and eventually the other states will adopt the same inevitable policy.

So what is your opinion on the subject matter in the OP?

Yawn.

Shut up peasant

So what is your opinion on the subject matter in the OP?

I don't really know much about it, i'm from a covid spiraling out of control state but it sounds fucking stupid.

It will only be for people who want to enter what is an essentially a covid free or near covid free state. It won't be for people who live in the state like ruprecht.

While we have some of the worst vaccination rates this shit will continue for some of the covid free states that are desperate to stay that way. The country has essentially been split. States with next to no covid give zero fucks about incredibly harsh restrictions imposed on people who have no say in voting them in or out of government.

We're in a pretty unique situation compared to the rest of the world because we at times essentially eliminated covid from country.

Shit like this will keep happening for around 4 months until the vaccination rates reach respectable levels, but the two biggest states conceding that elimination is a pipe dream will force the other states to adopt the same kind of policy.

I don't really know much about it, i'm from a covid spiraling out of control state but it sounds fucking stupid.

It will only be for people who want to enter what is an essentially a covid free or near covid free state. It won't be for people who live in the state like ruprecht.

While we have some of the worst vaccination rates this shit will continue for some of the covid free states that are desperate to stay that way. The country has essentially been split. States with next to no covid give zero fucks about incredibly harsh restrictions imposed on people who have no say in voting them in or out of government.

We're in a pretty unique situation compared to the rest of the world because we at times essentially eliminated covid from country.

Shit like this will keep happening for around 4 months until the vaccination rates reach respectable levels, but the two biggest states conceding that elimination is a pipe dream will force the other states to adopt the same kind of policy.

I don't know much about your government but it sounds pretty fishy to me that they are too inept to roll out vaccines but they're able to install a facial recognition and gps tracking system that only takes 15 minutes of unresponsiveness on your part to put police boots on the ground to track you down and arrest you.

Call me crazy or a stupid yank or whatever you want but I think your people are being played right now.

Back