News Bader vs Nemkov, Lima vs Mousasi Official for Bellator May 9

in order to sign Mousasi, they must have given him power to chose what fights he wants

like how Hulk Hogan ruined WCW with his powers, its a shame

Why wouldn't a fighter be able to choose what fights he wants to sign? Are you implying promoters should be able to force fighters to sign contracts?

From a promoter's perspective it makes a lot of sense for Mousasi to fight Lima, it will sell more than Mousasi vs any MW in Bellator and Mousasi has a high paying contract.

So this will be the same night as UFC 250 with the rumored headliner being Cejudo vs Aldo. Also includes the return of Werdum.

So this will be the same night as UFC 250 with the rumored headliner being Cejudo vs Aldo. Also includes the return of Werdum.

The card is stacked w just 2 fights announced, damn it Bellator.

I would like to See Tyrell Fortune vs Roy Nelson!

"Out with the old!"

I have a slightly hopeful feeling they might do Silva and Shogun on that card. We'll see.

Not like you can't watch them both anyway.

Nemkov might be the best of Fedor's pupils. Will be rooting for him!

Man the Bellator MW division is thin
That's why this would have been a perfect time for a Bellator Middleweight Tournament. It would have given those Bellator Middleweight fighters much more exposure and Bellator may have discovered a new middleweight star from that tournament. Bellator even could have put in a bid to sign PFL Middleweight Tournament winner Louis Taylor and bring back Chris Honeycutt for a tournament.

The card is stacked w just 2 fights announced, damn it Bellator.

55 year old Werdum returning and 5'0 Cejudo fighting washed up Aldo is far less interesting than both of these fights in my view.

I expect the UFC to add at least another couple solid scraps.

Great fight.
Rooting for Nemkov.
Super cool humble guy, and an absolute beast.
The first time I saw him, was at the Sambo World Championship in 2014. At the weigh in. He's quite a specimen (no homo).
One of the guys from my team even commented "when I grow up, I want to grow up like that". Dude's got some rurik genes.

Nice card!

Hoping Nemkov knocks Bader out cold, but regardless this is a top tier LHW matchup.

Hopefully Bader defends the HW belt next against Minakov.

Before Ryan Bader defends his title against Vadim Nemkov, and Gegard Mousasi faces Douglas Lima for the vacant middleweight belt, lightweights Sidney Outlaw and Adam Piccolottiwill square off.

MMA Junkie confirmed the booking with a promotion official following an initial report from Fansided.

Bellator 242 takes place May 9 at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. The event airs on Paramount and streams on DAZN following prelims on MMA Junkie.

Outlaw (14-4 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) debuted with the promotion with a victory over veteran Roger Huerta. However, in December, he stepped up as a short-notice replacement and was knocked out by Michael Chandler in 179 seconds.

Meanwhile, Piccolotti (12-3 MMA, 8-3 BMMA) has won three out of four fights entering Bellator 242. After he lost a split decision to former UFC champ Benson Henderson in April 2019, Piccolotti reentered the win column with a second-round submission of Jake Smith in September.

A welterweight fight between Joaquin Lopez (5-1, 0-0 BMMA) and James Terry (20-11 MMA, 4-5 BMMA), as well as a flyweight fight between Jonathan Adams (0-1-1 MMA, 0-1-1 BMMA) and Edwin de los Santos (0-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and a 165-pound contractweight fight between Mikey Gonzalez (7-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and Arturo Hernandez (4-5 MMA, 0-0 BMMA).

I would like to See Tyrell Fortune vs Roy Nelson!

"Out with the old!"
Well.. this makes sense with both coming out of loses.

I know Nelson lost a decision and Fortnite was completely knocked out unconciouss by a guy with no KO power... but still Tirrel is like 15 years younger so that might level the field for him

Back