Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

I doubt it. The game has been in Early Access for almost 3 years.
I guess I just dislike the exaggerated claims like 174 hours of cutscenes. I’m sure by that they just mean simple dialogue that you listen to but that’s not how I interpret that word. Every time a game company says they have so many endings it’s usually just a straight up lie. Maybe the game will be good but wish they could have just done a deep dive showcase instead of making silly statements like that since it always leads to disappointment

i think the "17,000" endings is just the total number of combination you can get.

like divinity 2 you had separate endings for each character and NPCs i believe, but you could mix and match those and end up with 1,000 endings.

I guess I just dislike the exaggerated claims like 174 hours of cutscenes. I’m sure by that they just mean simple dialogue that you listen to but that’s not how I interpret that word. Every time a game company says they have so many endings it’s usually just a straight up lie. Maybe the game will be good but wish they could have just done a deep dive showcase instead of making silly statements like that since it always leads to disappointment

Yea I don't mind it because I just don't care. Whether they do or don't have 174 hours of cut scenes wont matter to me. Same with the 17,000 endings. History shows that the chances of me going for more than 1 ending are very slim. As long as the combat and story are fun I'll be good to go.

i wonder what my chances of enjoying this game are if i just skip through the cutscenes and the ending scene?

I don't see the need to be that skeptical or annoyed. Larian is one of the last bastions of triple A developers that genuinely care about making a great product and all the people that have played the pre-release version are vouching for it's quality, so we're not likely going to get another Cyberpunk debacle. And I don't care whether it has 17000 or 17 endings, even if it's inflated by semantics, it's all abstract numbers anyway. By all accounts, the game is going to be YUGE. I only plan to give it one good playthrough in the first place. Games, and especially these types, are too much of a timesink to play through multiple times for people with full-time jobs and responsibilities.

Last edited:
I've been thinking of Monk or Rogue haven't decided yet. Not sure if I'll be doing custom character or origin either. If there are no origin monk characters then I'll probably do custom. If I decide to go with Rogue then I'll do the vampire origin character. Overall I'm leaning towards Monk as my starter class.
think im going to go storm sorc with a multiclass in tempest cleric.

But I have been looking at monks myself.

never played it

or any of these baldurs gates games. no idea what they are all about but i do like my rpgs

Have you ever played ANY crpg? Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1/2? If not I’d recommend playing something in the genre to decide if it’s for you. If you’re going in expecting a game that plays like Skyrim you’re going to be in for a rude awakening.

Is this going to be Cyberpunk 2.0? A game that’s way overhyped and then doesn’t deliver? I just saw a claim that there’s over 17,000 endings. That’s definitely bullshit.

Sometimes the hype is the communities fault.

The developer said there were 17,000 variations of the ending, which got picked up us "17,000 endings".

I've been thinking of Monk or Rogue haven't decided yet. Not sure if I'll be doing custom character or origin either. If there are no origin monk characters then I'll probably do custom. If I decide to go with Rogue then I'll do the vampire origin character. Overall I'm leaning towards Monk as my starter class.

I was thinking the monk might be a great class for this because of all the movement and enemy repositioning. Since it's not a tabletop game, the combat mechanics are going to be different with all the environment and spell reactivity. Just like how I think the Warlock might be a great class because of all the utility it can bring when social interactions are measured mechanically instead of more open in a tabletop session.

Like, since it's a Larian game, you know tbat speak to animals is going to offer an immense amount of options, whereas in a tabletop session you might get one or two pieces of info. These kind of things are really making me think about the class I'm gonna take.

Is this going to be Cyberpunk 2.0? A game that’s way overhyped and then doesn’t deliver? I just saw a claim that there’s over 17,000 endings. That’s definitely bullshit.
I’m not sure who’s making those claims, but I have 0 doubt that this games going to deliver. I played it in 2020 when they first released act one in early access.

It was super unpolished. Dialogue not finished. I have to say, I love the Divinity games and I live BG 1 and 2. This game blows them out of the water. This game is not hype

I was thinking the monk might be a great class for this because of all the movement and enemy repositioning. Since it's not a tabletop game, the combat mechanics are going to be different with all the environment and spell reactivity. Just like how I think the Warlock might be a great class because of all the utility it can bring when social interactions are measured mechanically instead of more open in a tabletop session.

Like, since it's a Larian game, you know tbat speak to animals is going to offer an immense amount of options, whereas in a tabletop session you might get one or two pieces of info. These kind of things are really making me think about the class I'm gonna take.

Yea the movement is my reasoning for picking monk. Need to do a deeper dive into the classes though.

i think the "17,000" endings is just the total number of combination you can get.

like divinity 2 you had separate endings for each character and NPCs i believe, but you could mix and match those and end up with 1,000 endings.

I'm going to make a guess that the 17,000 different endings and 174 hours of cutscene is probably made possible with some AI built in to the programming that spits out generated voice overs and randomly rendered scenes

I'm intrigued by alot of what I've heard so far, but although I really enjoy CRPGs I wasn't a fan of Divity Original Sin 2.

My main issues were the insane difficulty & extremely slow pacing. If I hear they've worked on those two issues I'll consider picking it up when its on sale.

I like 'Cinematic Dialogue' like from Mass Effect.
The game length & multiple endings are right up my alley.

I'm intrigued by alot of what I've heard so far, but although I really enjoy CRPGs I wasn't a fan of Divity Original Sin 2.

My main issues were the insane difficulty & extremely slow pacing. If I hear they've worked on those two issues I'll consider picking it up when its on sale.

Similar boat for me. Like everything I watch and read but have reservations on combat pacing. If combat hits, I could see this being wildly immersive and atmospheric.

Similar boat for me. Like everything I watch and read but have reservations on combat pacing. If combat hits, I could see this being wildly immersive and atmospheric.

Hell I wasn't even referring to Original Sin 2's gameplay, which was a mess on consoles.

The Tutorial Island took me 8 hours. I've heard its taken various gamers 4 to 12 hours. That's stupidly long.

There was multiple times I'm playing the game and can't figure out what to do to progress, I look up online what to do, and there's no way in fucking hell I would have figured that out on my own. That's piss-poor game design.

One of the main reasons why it has such high user-review scores is because most gamers only leave reviews for games after they've played them all the way through, and I bet only a small fraction of people that bought the game got off the tutorial island, so the vast majority of those who beat the game were diehard fantasy/CRPG fans.

Just my theory.

Did anyone try this yet? Seems like its ALOT of cut scenes

I never finished DOS2 either, I got bored of the battles taking so freaking long. I loved/liked nearly everything else.

Anyone know how they improved combat, or differentiated it here? It just looks like more Divinity.

Did anyone try this yet? Seems like its ALOT of cut scenes

It hasn't been officially release yet other than the early access on PC. Which I think is just Act 1 of the game. August 3rd for PC and September 6th for PS5. Xbox is coming at a later date presumably because they are having issues with getting the Series S port working properly but they've got MS helping now I believe.

Back