Bellator 260 June 11th Lima vs Amosov

So I decided to take a look at some of Trujillo's fights due to @GueseGuy vouching for him and @TorontoTO posting his credentials, and I don't know what to make of his chances against Polizzi.

On one hand he fought off Eblen's wrestling very well for a bit before finally succumbing, and even hurt him on the feet, but on the other hand I also saw him get picked up and put down by an 0-3 guy before cinching a triangle.

I think I might put a bit of cash on him since I don't think Alex is quite a phenom like Eblen, and he struggled a lot with the size of Anglickas.

Polizzi is tough but I feel he is a little undersized for LHW. It is still a toss up due to his wrestling but Trujillo won’t be an easy out. Especially because he hits hard and throws often. Which might lead him to a takedown if he overcommits. It’s an intriguing matchup I don’t think it’s ludicrous to bet on Trujillo.

With the change, the Bellator 260 lineup includes:

MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)

• Champ Douglas Lima vs. Yaroslav Amosov – for welterweight title
  • Paul Daley vs. Jason Jackson – 175-pound contract weight
  • Aiden Lee vs. Aaron Pico
  • Demarques Jackson vs. Mark Lemminger
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6 p.m. ET)

• Levan Chokheli vs. Kyle Crutchmer
  • Tywan Claxton vs. Justin Gonzales
  • Bobby King vs. Nick Newell
  • Lucas Brennan vs. Matthew Skibicki – 150-pound contract weight
  • Amanda Bell vs. Marina Mokhnatkina
  • Alex Polizzi vs. Gustavo Trujillo
That is a pretty fucking fire card. Very stoked

I think Amosov is maybe slightly overrated (which is understandable based on the undefeated record), but I actually came away from the fight with Logan Storley thinking that I would favour Logan in a five rounder between the two.

I'd have Lima at about -250 in my eyes.
Lima slight favorite over amosov.... he starting to act like first tier goat mousasi which is that hes starting to overlook opponents( gegards shortcoming). Hes the better fighter but sometimes the better fighter doesnt win or the fight will be much closer than it should. I'm expecting Lima to handle business but the odds come across like an invitation ( in my line of work- bothers me but the guy is undefeated. I haven't yet to check out that other fight- yet)

I really want to talk about the main event because I feel vindicated. The disrespect for BOTH Logan Storley and Yaroslav Amosov after their fight was incredible. That was an intense fight with some of the most high level wrestling exchanges you'll ever see in a cage between two of the best MMA wrestlers in the world. And because of how taxing such complex and intense grappling exchanges can be, both fighters were exhausted after the fight. And after that the only takeaway people seemed to come away with was "Amosov has a bad gas tank, easy win for Lima, and Storley is overrated."

Amosov just went 5 rounds with Lima. Absolutely dominated him. His gas tank is not a problem. Storley made his gas tank a problem by fighting him well. In light of the fact that Amosov either took 4 of 5 rounds off Lima, or 5 of 5 rounds off Lima, people should have a new appreciation both for Amosov and also for the fighter who fought him to a razor thin split decision.

The rest of the night also went well. Good fight for Polizzi, he got tested really early by the strength of Trujillo but he was just the technically better wrestler and also seemed much more advanced in jiu jitsu so he not only reversed positions but got the sub.

Crutchmer also took Chokeli's O, which is great. He's still got a lot of work to do, obviously you can see his performance on the ground, and Jason Jackson's and Yaroslav Amosov's, and you can see the levels to this and that his level of ground control and activity still lags behind theirs. However, he got the job done and that's what matters, took out a highly-rated Euro prospect who hadn't seen such wrestling before and didn't know how to deal with it. I said when the fight was announced that I was excited, I thought Crutchmer could win it with wrestling but if he stood with him like he did with Lachinov I said he'd "wake up in the hospital", he played it smart he got the win.

The added bonus was Jason Jackson taking out Paul Daley with the tried and true, hopefully we don't have to hear that name anymore in conversations about title shots and title eliminators...

first bellator i watched in a long time and it ended with 8 straight rounds of wrestle humping with zero offense.

i learned my lesson, i guess. i'll stick to bellator highlights. hopefully, rizin can wash this taste out quickly enough.

Yaroslav vs Mvp next but let me f#ck#n# guess that Bellator does not like talented Ukrainians so they will try to not give Yaroslav Venom page next and Mvp will sign with ufc!!

Talented fighters is something Bellator does not care unless it belongs to Fedor Team or Sbg Ireland

Amosov will take time off for to be with his son so,
- MVP vs Lima
- Larkin vs J. Jackson
- Gracie vs Storley
- Davies vs Koreshkov

Release the boring ass wrestlers or start matching them up against each other and loser leaves the promotion.

Amosov will take time off for to be with his son so,
- MVP vs Lima
- Larkin vs J. Jackson
- Gracie vs Storley
- Davies vs Koreshkov

Release the boring ass wrestlers or start matching them up against each other and loser leaves the promotion.
This is the way to go with the matchups. Have a tournament off just boring wrestlers and only the winner stays in the promotion

This is the way to go with the matchups. Have a tournament off just boring wrestlers and only the winner stays in the promotion
start off with Crutchmer vs Willis, Claxton vs Kennedy, and Caldwell vs Hill.

start off with Crutchmer vs Willis, Claxton vs Kennedy, and Caldwell vs Hill.
Who are we matching the Italian Gangster Sabatello against?

Honestly if you released all off these guys, nothing off value would be lost. I would maybe keep Claxton because I think he has potential and Caldwell only because of legacy.

Who are we matching the Italian Gangster Sabatello against?
Shit, im assuming he just did a one-off thing. If he is staying, lets do Sabatello vs Caldwell and Hill vs Perez. Both fights happening in the postlims.

Shit, im assuming he just did a one-off thing. If he is staying, lets do Sabatello vs Caldwell and Hill vs Perez. Both fights happening in the postlims.
No sadly he is signed to a 4 fight contract, according to his instagram. We still have 3 more fights with him

Good main event but I feel like that's 2 shows in a row that have been underwhelming. They came hot out of the gates with the LHW tournament. This show had a good card just the match ups didn't play out to be that exciting.

The Pico fight was great and the card was going well but the last 2 fights were kind of similar and not entertaining for casuals. Tough break

Good main event but I feel like that's 2 shows in a row that have been underwhelming. They came hot out of the gates with the LHW tournament. This show had a good card just the match ups didn't play out to be that exciting.

The Pico fight was great and the card was going well but the last 2 fights were kind of similar and not entertaining for casuals. Tough break
The last 2 were supposed to be their good shows, the next one is their shitty one, go figure.

No sadly he is signed to a 4 fight contract, according to his instagram. We still have 3 more fights with him
I'd match him against Caldwell myself. Two great wrestlers see who can impose their game on the other.

I would seriously be interested in watching this.

Back