News Bellator 288 : Anderson vs. Nemkov 2 and Patricky vs. Nurmagomedov set for Nov. 18 in Chicago

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)

Champion Vadnim Nemkov vs. Corey Anderson – grand prix final for light heavyweight title
Champion Patricky Freire vs. Usman Nurmagomedov – for lightweight title
Timur Khizriev vs. Daniel Weichel
Tyrell Fortune vs. Daniel James
Levan Chokheli vs. Roman Faraldo

PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6 p.m. ET)

Khasan Askhabov vs. Otto Rodrigues
Imamshafi Aliev vs. Sean Fallon
Killys Mota vs. Jairo Pacheco
Jaylon Bates vs. Jornel Lugo
Archie Colgan vs. Jesse Hannam
Lucas Brennan vs. Nick Talavera
Sullivan Cauley vs. Jay Radick
Jordan Newman vs. Jayden Taulker
Laird Anderson vs. Rob Fenicle
Isaiah Hokit vs. Matias Nader
Wladimir Gouvea vs. Kory Moegenburg

Last edited:
awesome main events. really excited to see if Nemkov is going to be able to adapt based on what was happening in the first fight.
I feel like Nemkov will know exactly what to expect now amd will probably make the adjustments he needs to make.

awesome main events. really excited to see if Nemkov is going to be able to adapt based on what was happening in the first fight.
I feel like Nemkov will know exactly what to expect now amd will probably make the adjustments he needs to make.
Likewise, the first round was very close and only 2 and 3 were heavily towards Corey. It's a championship bout so who knew what would have happened in the 4th and 5th. It's gonna be a good bout and Fedor and his camp have had almost a year to focus on Corey

Likewise, the first round was very close and only 2 and 3 were heavily towards Corey. It's a championship bout so who knew what would have happened in the 4th and 5th. It's gonna be a good bout and Fedor and his camp have had almost a year to focus on Corey
I actually thought the first round was a clear Nemkov round.

Anderson is done for, will bet big on Nemkov

Pitbull vs relative of khabib...I don'
t know who is more vicious...definetly an intriging match up.

So his answer to getting viciously KOd is going up to HW? I think he would find more success at LHW but doubt he would ever reach the title.
Only way I can see this as a positive is that HW’s talent pool is much more shallow. Edwards has got some serious skills so he will be the more skilled fighter probably 75% of the time at HW. But will his chin hold up? Bellator needs all the help they can get at Hw. Not sold on Mowry or Franklin. Saricam looked like shit in his last one. They don’t have “that guy” at HW like they do at MW with Rosta or LHW with Cauley. Edwards could save them.

Whats next for Nemkov if he wins? I guess Bellator should really push for a Yoel title fight. If Corey wins, Phil Davis makes sense.

Also, who is next in line for the LW title?

Only way I can see this as a positive is that HW’s talent pool is much more shallow. Edwards has got some serious skills so he will be the more skilled fighter probably 75% of the time at HW. But will his chin hold up? Bellator needs all the help they can get at Hw. Not sold on Mowry or Franklin. Saricam looked like shit in his last one. They don’t have “that guy” at HW like they do at MW with Rosta or LHW with Cauley. Edwards could save them.
Edwards won't be that guy either. Franklin and Saricam would most likely KO him

Oleg Popov and Bilostenniy are what you're looking for at HW, they just need to debut as soon as possible

Edwards won't be that guy either. Franklin and Saricam would most likely KO him

Oleg Popov and Bilostenniy are what you're looking for at HW, they just need to debut as soon as possible
Idk man Edwards has some serious skills and he’s huge he’s like 6’6” so I can see him out pointing both of those guys. He could get KO’d too though so we will have to see how things play out for him. I like him at HW more though. Popov and Bilostenniy need to debut ASAP. I don’t understand what’s taking so long.

Daniel James is gonna make his debut

Glad to see James get another shot in Bellator. It wasn't fair he got drug tested so fresh off the Russian scene where doping is almost a necessity. I'm only half joking.

Tickets are almost as expensive as UFC tickets, btw. I guess they are hiking the prices with the event being a double headliner.

Idk man Edwards has some serious skills and he’s huge he’s like 6’6” so I can see him out pointing both of those guys. He could get KO’d too though so we will have to see how things play out for him. I like him at HW more though. Popov and Bilostenniy need to debut ASAP. I don’t understand what’s taking so long.
Im hoping to see Popov and Bilostenniy here given the large Russian community in Chicago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back