Bellator averaged 85k and peaked at 177k during the #PitbullMcKee main event for Showtime with Cable

it has nothing to do with the ufc. 85k average is shit regardless of what ufc does. There was a good breakdown on what peak viewership means on the UG a while back. If the average was 85k and the peak was 177k that means other parts of the programming was way below 85k. I cant imagine showtime is happy with only 30k people watching original programming on their network at any point in time and Averaging 85k over 2 or so hours on their network for original programming has to be dissapointing.
Maybe you are right, but we are just running on guesses. It sucks but now with streaming who knows how well anything is actually doing. As long as Bellator chugs along, I'm assuming they are doing well enough for ViacomCBS to not can Coker or make major changes to Bellator.

I would still move Coker from the head off the company, but alas.

Bellator always does Fridays tho, that is their thing. It's more that PFL moved from their traditional Thursdays to Fridays.

That's what I'm trying to say. Bellator always does Fridays, but then they decide to put their biggest card on a Saturday, going up against UFC, now they're back to Friday when this next card is the one they should have put on a Saturday instead. And PFL is always changing days too. It's frustrating.

That's what I'm trying to say. Bellator always does Fridays, but then they decide to put their biggest card on a Saturday, going up against UFC, now they're back to Friday when this next card is the one they should have put on a Saturday instead. And PFL is always changing days too. It's frustrating.
I think the idea is to have their big tent pole events on Saturdays, so when Bellator is showing on Saturday, you know it's a good card. I think it's a mistake personally unless they are putting those cards on a free channel like CBS.

it has nothing to do with the ufc. 85k average is shit regardless of what ufc does. There was a good breakdown on what peak viewership means on the UG a while back. If the average was 85k and the peak was 177k that means other parts of the programming was way below 85k. I cant imagine showtime is happy with only 30k people watching original programming on their network at any point in time and Averaging 85k over 2 or so hours on their network for original programming has to be dissapointing.

besides if these numbers were good and/or the streaming numbers were good showtime would be announcing it. but they dont because it's embarrassing. At this point only combate can save their bum lives.
You can't imagine much because your knowledge of the entertainment space is very limited. You found one pet statistic you know hardly anything about, and an obvious fact that average means data points above and below (which is a mathematical truism), and you go around prescribing plans of action for major media studios. You are a really silly child.

I don't think they could move it this late in the game, people have already bought tickets and made arrangements to go.
No I agree it’s too late to do it but it’s a great idea to have had the event on the 14th. Just a missed opportunity

I think the idea is to have their big tent pole events on Saturdays, so when Bellator is showing on Saturday, you know it's a good card. I think it's a mistake personally unless they are putting those cards on a free channel like CBS.

they do saturdays because they need to sell tickets. when they think they have a card that can sell tickets they have no choice but to go on a saturday because they need that revenue. They have failed to build an audience on showtime fridays so I think viacom is just like do what you gotta do to stay in business.

Depends, I have Showtime and prefer to use it over the YouTube stream which always seems slower. The reverse is True for ONE on TNT... The Web app is usually a min or so ahead of my TNT cable station.

Well the plan to get UFC viewers over to Bellator clearly didnt work as 800k - 1mil is the average of most Fight Nights and seeing as numbers didnt even decrease for what was a lacklustre card shows that Bellator shouldnt try that again.

Jedigoodman Confirms UFC numbers being reported are linear only:

Confirmed bellator schills crying in their beds. Combate!

Jedigoodman Confirms UFC numbers being reported are linear only:

Confirmed bellator schills crying in their beds. Combate!

It's kinda interesting how badly the cards that they don't hold on Saturdays do. Kinda proves the point that most people just turn on ESPN to watch UFC on Saturdays without knowing who is fighting.

Yeah, but the PFL playoff dates have been public for almost 2 months. How hard is it for Bellator to schedule a date one day later? People are sick of having to toggle between two screens to watch this shit.
events are planned, and venues and tv time slots are reserved months in advance. More than two, usually

events are planned, and venues and tv time slots are reserved months in advance. More than two, usually

No shit, Sherlock. Bellator 264 is at the Mohegan Sun Arena, like the UFC Apex, they don't have an audience and can schedule it any time.

TV time slots can be changed, and are moved around from time to time. Showtime has like 6 channels, other than the boxing there's nothing else on but re-run movies.

No shit, Sherlock. Bellator 264 is at the Mohegan Sun Arena, like the UFC Apex, they don't have an audience and can schedule it any time.

TV time slots can be changed, and are moved around from time to time. Showtime has like 6 channels, other than the boxing there's nothing else on but re-run movies.
Bellator arent the only events at Mohegan, but keep it up with the insults. Does great for your argument :rolleyes:

I have Showtime and it is often left on all day and it is irritating always re-runs and I turn off TV tell everyone it is about saving electricity. Lol but truth is Showtime needs Bellator needs new high level sports. Needs new content. I do not see Bellator going anywhere. Though they should not go the pay-for-view route like these others but put their big fights on CBS and streaming also all their events.

I have Showtime and it is often left on all day and it is irritating always re-runs and I turn off TV tell everyone it is about saving electricity. Lol but truth is Showtime needs Bellator needs new high level sports. Needs new content. I do not see Bellator going anywhere. Though they should not go the pay-for-view route like these others but put their big fights on CBS and streaming also all their events.
Crazy idea I know, but what if they put some off the events on Netflix

Back