Bellator MMA to Showtime

That’s not happening. Main card only on Showtime.
Unless Josh and Big John were talking out of their asses but they did mention the entire card was going to be aired through Showtime, which seemed far-fetched to me, to be honest, but they seem to be in the know.

Unless Josh and Big John were talking out of their asses but they did mention the entire card was going to be aired through Showtime, which seemed far-fetched to me, to be honest, but they seem to be in the know.

Coker says that he doesn’t know if the prelims will be on cbs sports, YouTube

*****there is no way Showtime will Air a 12 fight card***** 4-5 main card the most, just like the Strikeforce days

During the media interview after the press conference, Coker said he didn't know where they would be airing. I know that Josh said the whole thing would be on Showtime, but he also said he'd still be doing commentary, then this week they said they had no idea if they were doing commentary. Only thing they knew is that they still had jobs.

It seems unlikely that the full card would be on Showtime. That's a four or five hour block of TV. They can't keep a roster or have rankings without the prelims, so they need to still happen.

That’s not happening. Main card only on Showtime.
During the media interview after the press conference, Coker said he didn't know where they would be airing. I know that Josh said the whole thing would be on Showtime, but he also said he'd still be doing commentary, then this week they said they had no idea if they were doing commentary. Only thing they knew is that they still had jobs.

It seems unlikely that the full card would be on Showtime. That's a four or five hour block of TV. They can't keep a roster or have rankings without the prelims, so they need to still happen.
I would just keep it on youtube and would also try Pluto TV but i don't think they do live content. Youtube would most likely attract the most eyes

Coker says that he doesn’t know if the prelims will be on cbs sports, YouTube

*****there is no way Showtime will Air a 12 fight card***** 4-5 main card the most, just like the Strikeforce days

Agreed, thanks for the clarification. It will suck if they are through CBSSN as I dont have that channel nor will I pay for it in order to get some prelims.

I would just keep it on youtube and would also try Pluto TV but i don't think they do live content. I think that is where you can get the most viewers
I was hoping would be part of the Paramount Plus platform but I guess they're only going to be live through Showtime. I hope one can access the cards on-demand eventually.

When I mentioned it being unlikely that they'd give them a four or five hour block on Showtime, I completely forgot that they have various channels. They could actually put the prelims on Sho Extreme and then have a two hour block on Showtime for the main card. I'd still prefer the prelims being on YouTube.

It means warrior in Latin. Which is why the logo is what it is. Rebney being a lawyer, which has latin roots in law is probably what made him choose that name initially.

I don't know, there has been a lot of questionable MMA org names over the years and still to this day. I'm sure some people don't like the UFC's name either. Give us a great a product I could careless for the most part.

The whole latin thing was relevant to the roots of the promotion itself. A lot of people forgot how it got its start on ESPN Deportes and the majority of their initial roster were people either of Latin American origin or descent.

Became largely irrelevant after they moved to Fox Sports for Season 2.

right, to quote Mauro "place where warriors rule" smh. i didn't know he was a lawyer though. but still it's a terrible name unless you're starting a all-lawyers fight club.

i agree but there was good ones too. Strikeforce is a great name for a fight promotion, World Series of Fighting was not bad, Fight Nights over here and others... having a right name in never bad for business.

if you recall, Bellator was launched as a league aimed at Hispanic/Latin American countries. Basically what Combates Americas is trying to do now. Bjorn looked up the latin word for warrior which is Bellator. Funny thing is Latin didn't originate in Latin America but that's a very long boring story.
After the first season of Bellator on ESPN Deportes, Bjorn pivoted from the Latin/Hispanic angle and just made it a catch all promotion but didn't change the name.

I would prefer the name to be changed but it isn't that weird to me. Its no different to me than Top Rank, Golden Boy and Matchroom

When I mentioned it being unlikely that they'd give them a four or five hour block on Showtime, I completely forgot that they have various channels. They could actually put the prelims on Sho Extreme and then have a two hour block on Showtime for the main card. I'd still prefer the prelims being on YouTube.
I was hoping would be part of the Paramount Plus platform but I guess they're only going to be live through Showtime. I hope one can access the cards on-demand eventually.
I just read the press and the prelims will be on Bellator & Showtime Sports Youtube channels

I just read the press and the prelims will be on Bellator & Showtime Sports Youtube channels

Preliminary undercard matchups will stream live on Bellator MMA's YouTube channel, SHOWTIME Sports YouTube channel and across online partner platforms.

I read that as well but that section is removed from some releases. If you google that phrase, it will also show up as being on showtime's very own site but when you click on the link, the text was changed.

@careto

Went back to the showtime site. They re-added the text about the prelims being on youtube.

Bellator MMA™ and SHOWTIME Sports®, both leaders in the combat sports arena, have teamed up to bring world-class live mixed martial arts events back to the premium television service for years to come. Bellator MMA and SHOWTIME Sports, both owned by entertainment giant ViacomCBS, will air live events exclusively on SHOWTIME on Friday nights and will launch with three consecutive weeks of championship fights beginning Friday, April 2 at 9PM ET/6PM PT, and continuing on Friday, April 9 and Friday, April 16.

The three-week launch is comprised of highly anticipated match ups including the semi-finals of the Featherweight World Grand Prix and the opening rounds of the Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix tournament featuring eight Bellator MMA stars from the deepest 205-pound division in the sport. Following the initial run of three live events, SHOWTIME will televise up to two live Bellator MMA events per month for the remainder of the year. All Bellator MMA events, domestically and internationally, will be available on SHOWTIME in the United States. Preliminary undercard matchups will stream live on Bellator MMA’s YouTube channel, SHOWTIME Sports YouTube channel and across online partner platforms.

Does anyone know when Shabily is debuting?

@careto

Went back to the showtime site. They re-added the text about the prelims being on youtube.

Bellator MMA™ and SHOWTIME Sports®, both leaders in the combat sports arena, have teamed up to bring world-class live mixed martial arts events back to the premium television service for years to come. Bellator MMA and SHOWTIME Sports, both owned by entertainment giant ViacomCBS, will air live events exclusively on SHOWTIME on Friday nights and will launch with three consecutive weeks of championship fights beginning Friday, April 2 at 9PM ET/6PM PT, and continuing on Friday, April 9 and Friday, April 16.

The three-week launch is comprised of highly anticipated match ups including the semi-finals of the Featherweight World Grand Prix and the opening rounds of the Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix tournament featuring eight Bellator MMA stars from the deepest 205-pound division in the sport. Following the initial run of three live events, SHOWTIME will televise up to two live Bellator MMA events per month for the remainder of the year. All Bellator MMA events, domestically and internationally, will be available on SHOWTIME in the United States. Preliminary undercard matchups will stream live on Bellator MMA’s YouTube channel, SHOWTIME Sports YouTube channel and across online partner platforms.
I wonder how will this impact the quality of fights in the prelims. Hopefully they dont do shitty prelims just because they will be in the prelims. So far, the main cards for 255, 256, and 257 seem to be shaping out quiet nicely, lets so how the prelims shape up.

Back