Media Benoit Saint-Denis: "I fought more against my infection / weight than against Dustin Poirier"

He's really not though, it was apparent he had a staph infection before the fight.... It's hard to win a fight on anti biotics, but to get such a big match up was a chance he couldn't pass up.
No one is arguing that it isn't hard to fight while sick. It's the fact that he's using the staph infection as an excuse to the reason to why he lost and not because of anything he did in the fight. If he underperformed and visibly looked bad before getting KO'ed then sure, but he was winning the fight until he got sparked so...that excuse alone don't really work cause of it.

Doesn't surprise me, Poirier gets lucky a lot. People seem to get injured going up against him in freakish ways. If he fought people at full health without cracked limbs or staph, he wouldn't be nowhere near contender status right now.
Absolute ridiculous, the double yellows are very fitting. Don't expect to be around much longer if you continue to post nonsense.

My goodness, he won’t just admit he fought a way better fighter that night, got cocky in an exchange he was trying “get back” some shots he was eating, and got obliterated trying to prove himself

Best thing is to just stfu, recover your brain and other nagging injuries, and next fight do your damn thing

ta92vSE.png
No "conceive, achieve, believe"?

He's just having us tee up the excuse for the next loss: "I was really battling the fans who ridiculed me for blaming my loss to Dustin on staph."

this bdsm guy is farming his media score in a wrong direction

9/10 fighters always throw up an excuse for their loss. Might not be next day. Next week. Next month. But eventually you'll hear it.

Like this.
To be fair the infection was clearly visible in the leadup and a lot of people here expected him to either pull from the fight or put in a subpar performance in that light.

I had to go life and death once just to complete some easy endurance tests with a budding staph infection I didn't know about so I do tend to believe he was diminished (not to reduce Poirier's contribution to the fight ofc)

I want to see his entire interview….its easy to take one sentence and make dude seem like a baby

Wow this guy is STILL whining? Pretty bad look lol.

I want to see his entire interview….its easy to take one sentence and make dude seem like a baby

It start at minute 8 (you can add english subtitles with translation on the spot) :

Big fan of BSD but also hopes he don't talk about it anymore (he talked about it replying to a question from a fan), amazed by Gaetje doing his 4 rounds with broken nose.

Back