Between 2010 to 2017, UFC fighters, in total, were paid $626 million. While Mayweather was paid...

I've never met so many people infatuated with the taste of rubber. Let's get some things out of the way. Dana and Head office are pieces of horse shit. That being said, they are in no way obligated to pay the fighters more money. It must be remembered that companies are not doing you a favour when they pay you for work, they are filling a need for as little as possible. If Dana and his people had full control each UFC fighter would be lucky to see 200/200 in Pesos.

This is why we need collective bargaining for workers and competition for orgs. Dana is a union busting garbage man, and we must legislate this behavior out of existence. We need more high profile lawsuits and fewer short sighted fighters.
Without collective bargaining the worker/fighter has no chance against big powerful companies. This type of dominance isn't capitalism. It is closer to a form of corporate fascism.

The attitude of “they’re lucky to be fighting in the ufc” is corporate shilling. Pre Reebok you might be right, but low level ufc guys don’t make the difference up in sponsorships anymore. Do you prefer this trash talk, ranking mean little WME era? I want MMA to be as legitimate as possible. I understand why Dana and the WME guys handle business the way they do, I totally get it. I just don’t agree with it, I think they can make plenty of money without being exploitative.
It’s the same as it always was. Trash talk and bypassing rankings has always been part of the game. I never said they are lucky to be fighting in the ufc. That has nothing to do with it.

and making “plenty of money” by what metric? They have an ownership group that paid a lot for the business.

If you were in charge you’d be answering to that ownership group. Your decisions have to be based on their long term interests. Maybe paying over market for talent has a long term payback. But that’s a business decision not a moral one.

Exactly. Especially if you look at all the legal hurdles they had to cross around the world to get this sport legitimized and clean the sport's image.

And it's not like boxing promoters aren't making hundreds of millions of dollars off of their fighters.

Legal hurdles? They created the legal hurdles and then stole the company when it wasn't worth anything.

Ufc pay is on the rise

Floyd is now retired, he wasn't making most of his money at the beginning

Take a economics/business class
Lol, and that time frame is the beginning for the ufc ? And what does him being retired have to do with earnings ? You might want to take that class again mate

It’s the same as it always was. Trash talk and bypassing rankings has always been part of the game. I never said they are lucky to be fighting in the ufc. That has nothing to do with it.

and making “plenty of money” by what metric? They have an ownership group that paid a lot for the business.

If you were in charge you’d be answering to that ownership group. Your decisions have to be based on their long term interests. Maybe paying over market for talent has a long term payback. But that’s a business decision not a moral one.
You keep using the term over market. Do you not agree that the UFC has market power?

They made a billion in revenue last year and the profit margins are est around 50% if they profit shared comparable to all other pro sports orgs it could easily fix most of these issues. Why are you defending corporate greed?

They made a billion in revenue last year and the profit margins are est around 50% if they profit shared comparable to all other pro sports orgs it could easily fix most of these issues. Why are you defending corporate greed?
I’m not defending greed. I’m defending the market. And against artificial interference. And there is no way they made that much last year.

You keep using the term over market. Do you not agree that the UFC has market power?
They are the leader in the market. That doesn’t mean they have illegal control of the market.

So what's better giving 1 person a job or 300?

They are the leader in the market. That doesn’t mean they have illegal control of the market.
It’s not illegal but it’s as close to illegal as it can be. If a company has effective market control they literally create market value. It only exists as what it is because they chose it. We’re back to this again damnit I don’t want to be stuck on this lol
Edit* I have no idea how those got attached either lol

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-3_14-3-55.jpeg
    upload_2020-10-3_14-3-55.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2020-10-3_14-3-55.png
    upload_2020-10-3_14-3-55.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 1
I’m not defending greed. I’m defending the market. And against artificial interference. And there is no way they made that much last year.
According to the antitrust lawsuit the leaked numbers showed the made 980 mil in 2019 and profit is at least 30%
Edit* I think Dana said they made well over a billion and profits are 50% but I would guess it’s probably more around 30 because that’s what it was officially last time official numbers we’re released.

Last edited:
I mean you can say that about a lot of sports when compared to Floyd. Even his own sport.

Doesn't the boss who has brought that company from the ground up and worked for the same company for over 20 years usually make more? Jesus. It's kind boggling that people always bring up how much Dana makes in these conversations.

And incase you didn't know, which it seems you don't, Dana gets paid by WME, the company that bought Zuffa out. Just like the fighters get paid by WME.

Also, the fighters and their management negotiate terms. Including pay. None of them are forced to sign a contract if they are unhappy with the pay. Why is this still a conversation?

Lol, one person does not "bring a company from the groud".
This gushing at businessmen is the reason US workers have no rights and a shit life.
Get back on track people

So what privilage does Mayweather have to make so much?

The market IS artificial
No idea why you'd make a difference.
You seem like you take reality spoon fed to you instead of thinking.
Nothing in our history is natural or necessary, we make it.

Honestly its best to have fighters under 1 promotion, if fighters became divas like boxers it would be the end of the sport.

Lol, one person does not "bring a company from the groud".
This gushing at businessmen is the reason US workers have no rights and a shit life.
Get back on track people
It is the absolute worst. Wealthy business men in this country are basically superheroes. There might as well be no one else in the company. Can't even get people to stop hating trade unions because BusinessMan says that unions make his tummy hurt and that he may move the company to Botswana if the gov doesn't make them go away.

No clue how we reached this point. We're the only country.

Yes but boxers make very little money too, you guys only know Floyd and Tyson and Joshua etc etc, the top guys make good money, but they are 1% , there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of boxers who make very little money.

In my UPS job, there is a guy who works loading the trucks with us and he used to be a Pro MW boxer, and his pro record was 16-2 and 1 NC, and he made very little money, actually his first fight he lost money and his 2nd fight he lost money, due to paying coach and training camp and foods etc.

There are tons of pro boxers who make very little money.. Floyd and Joshua and those top elite guys make big money but they are a small dot in the overall picture of pro boxing

It is the absolute worst. Wealthy business men in this country are basically superheroes. There might as well be no one else in the company. Can't even get people to stop hating trade unions because BusinessMan says that unions make his tummy hurt and that he may move the company to Botswana if the gov doesn't make them go away.

No clue how we reached this point. We're the only country.

I guess history.
Our politcians have a similat status of complete privilege and wealth, and this is because we had early "democracies" (people with property and a trade could participate in administrating the independent city-states) and the privileges of old senators in the Roman times are legendary.

Since your revolution started as a middle-class driven one triggered by taxex and freedom of trade, I think it's because since the start of the US history buisinessmen had the most power and assets in your society.

When a category rules it builds a narration that justifies that rule.

The "free market", meritocracy and American Dream are the ones your nation is build upon.
Of course they are all lies to justify who has power.

18% profit share is a fucking joke, especially considering the NFL is at 55%. how people can defend that criminality is perplexing

Dummy, the UFC model is completely different than other sports. How the hell can you not know that? There is TONS of threads about it, Lorenzo and Dana have talked about it, it’s old news. Quit spewing stupid bullshit that everyone’s known over a fucking decade.

Jesus...just when a topic is long and dead, some knucklehead revives old, stupid logic.

Back