Big Show signs with AEW

Somebody is getting Choke Slammed.. Guaranteed..

Do you think TNT gives Tony Khan a multi year TV deal if he only features "home grown" indy talent?

AEW doesn't exist without Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes, Jon Moxley, Kenny Omega, etc. at the top of the card. TNT doesn't give them a TV contract if the entire program started with and only featured an unknown MJF, Darby Allin, Jungleboy etc.

You start with big name signings, which gets eyes on the product, then gradually build the unknown young talent, which is what they're doing. As much as you may not like it, guys like Sting and Big Show put eyes on the product and gets those unknown talents seen by people who may not have seen them before. Big Show was trending #1 on Twitter for hours today. People are going to tune in tonight because of their curiosity to see the Big Show in another company and will end up getting to see relatively unknown talent Rey Fenix and Lance Archer who can be big stars tear the house down in the main event. The Big Show is going to be featured as a commentator on a program called Elevation, which the sole purpose of the show is to showcase young up and coming talent.

Notice how they're using Sting to elevate Darby Allin, Brian Cage, and Ricky Starks? Or how they used Chris Jericho to elevate Orange Cassidy and have a stable full of young guys around him that get air time every time he's on screen like MJF and Wardlow, Sammy Guevara, Santana and Ortiz.

Yes they're throwing money at a bunch of old guys, but they're also surrounding those old guys with their future stars.

This would be great...except for one problem. It's not getting new eyes on the product...not ones that are staying on it anyway.

AnimatedIgnorantAmphibian-small.gif

The type of people who would want to see Big Show aren't going to watch Pockets or The Young Bucks.

This would be great...except for one problem. It's not getting new eyes on the product...not ones that are staying on it anyway.

AnimatedIgnorantAmphibian-small.gif

The type of people who would want to see Big Show aren't going to watch Pockets or The Young Bucks.
As Jericho said it's gonna help them get TV deals in places like India.

Yeah, I'm sure Khan will be crying into his mountains of cash lmao

Must be nice to be so rich off of someone else's money that you can be completely inept at your job and consider that at win. He's like Stephanie without the fake tits.

Must be nice to be so rich off of someone else's money that you can be completely inept at your job and consider that at win. He's like Stephanie without the fake tits.
{<BJPeen}

You're bragging and defending a show that managed to lose half it's audience it less than 2 years...you know that right?
I don't actually care lol I'm just having fun. Also 930k isn't half of 1.4m.

I don't actually care lol I'm just having fun. Also 930k isn't half of 1.4m.

Isn't their average around 750k or so? I thought it was. Not exactly half but close enough for me to not bother getting a calculator.

That’s not a fair criticism. Aew has done very well in terms of ratings and ppv buys considering stepping into a pandemic in toddler years. I’m not sure what the financials are or if anyone knows them?

I hope he turns out to be a Bischoff type of general manager in WCW, but more towards comedic relief.

Back