Bisping is a f***** legend

YES for the wrong reasons-

For euthanizing 185 division-

Only fighter to where that yellow tattoo streak down his back .....proudly.

Yep - fucking legend
He was old and wanted to make money on his way out .... I don’t fault him

won many decisions where he actually lost
This is often brought up, a bit unfairly in my opinion, he was also on the losing side of a couple of very tight fights, for me it could be argued he beat Sonnen, and could have got the nod against Rashad Evans too, both fights in my opinion where the judges gave too much weight to takedowns that resulted in no little to no damage.

He was one of the best gatekeepers in the history of the MW division for the bulk of his career. Sure, he won the title, but shortly lost it to GSP right after winning a close decision to a very old Dan Henderson. Nearly every title shot eliminator fight he’s ever been involved with he’s lost. His best wins are over an old Anderson Silva and Luke Rockhold who looked terrible afterwards.

Legend is a very strong word to describe him in my opinion. Hall of famer, sure. He had a ridiculous number of fights for the UFC and won a lot. But a legend is someone like Anderson Silva, GSP, or Jon Jones who won numerous championships.

Had he not won the title he would be tied with Cerone for best gatekeeper of all time. Not sure he is a top UFC 25 title holder of all time. Went up the ranks the hard way and was a great fighter, loved watching him lose and win, did a lot for the sport.

What was the Age of his opponents for each title defense

Never a huge fan, but thought him getting the title was amazing. Especially how he finally got it done. Props.

But as a champ he disappointed.

Seems like he took it as it was; a career.

he didn’t get seduced by the fame. He knew he had to fight to earn for his family.

never came to a fight unprepared. Tried his best to hype up fights and earn money.

he knew he wasn’t the best, but he stuck in there.

Yellow tattoo? Please explain sherbro.
Seriously?

You never saw that streak professionally done after rockhold fluk...., I mean Luke ko ( thank u , coach p).
It was later removed after fatsselum ko-ed him. I mean- its pretty common knowledge

He got in my graces after his feud with Luke and how it played out but i wont forget his past schenanigans, like spitting on his opponent AFTER the fight, being a cunt in TUF, his borderline racist insults towards Masvidal in their altercation, celebrating like he won the lotto after being gifted a w vs oldman Silva, and holding up the middleweight division and depriving us of alot of great fights when it was at its best historically. This last one really hurts. Good thing he will always be Hendogs biatch. Oldman Hendo retired like a stud and a champ in my eyes.
Didnt he do that stuff while Jorge was with his wife and kids too?

fun fact !!

I was the one who created Bispings nickname pillow fist !!

glad he turned it around

Shame he never fought Lyoto. I always wanted to see that fight.

He was old and wanted to make money on his way out .... I don’t fault him
If the amalgamation of circumstances were vastly different, I could find some pause and have a little compassion but not here, the way it went down, the before, the after and the time spent on ridiculous fights while top fighters were aging and the other basically left for greener pastures because of this.

It was deplorable and unacceptable and we will never see anything like it again ( although Conor- if he wins- thinks Nate Diaz has earned the shot to fight him for title ????? )

He got in my graces after his feud with Luke and how it played out but i wont forget his past schenanigans, like spitting on his opponent AFTER the fight, being a cunt in TUF, his borderline racist insults towards Masvidal in their altercation, celebrating like he won the lotto after being gifted a w vs oldman Silva, and holding up the middleweight division and depriving us of alot of great fights when it was at its best historically. This last one really hurts. Good thing he will always be Hendogs biatch. Oldman Hendo retired like a stud and a champ in my eyes.
Racist?

Shut up Karen

If he had retired after beating Hendo, he would have had the perfect career. He is top 3 most paid UFC fighters, beat the GOAT (Andy), Ko'd his nemisis (Rocky), avenged his loss and defended title (Hendo) but Instead he got beat by welterweights going out.

Back