Bisping is a f***** legend

Seriously?

You never saw that streak professionally done after rockhold fluk...., I mean Luke ko ( thank u , coach p).
It was later removed after fatsselum ko-ed him. I mean- its pretty common knowledge
No idea my friend.

He was a prick in his younger days but he grew up to be likeable by the time he hit his mid 30s.

He was quite the pillow fist but the beating he laid on Cung Le was brutal. His fight with Chael was great.

His fight with Anderson was excellent, I remember watching that on the bus to work and being so excited. His fight with GSP was really intriguing too.

Plus his KO of Rockhold was one of the greatest UFC moments in modern history.

And if you hate him after all that he was also on the end of one of the craziest KO's ever against Hendo.

He had one of the more interesting careers at MW and I was genuinely happy to see him get the belt before he retired.

Do wish he'd got to fight Weidman at some point.

Lot of people hated Bisping early-on because of his mouthy brit personality, and when he coached against Henderson in the 'UK vs USA' season of TUF he became a heel to American fans, but he was always respected as a tough fighter. Even his haters who referred to him as a gatekeeper usually agreed that he was a tough opponent for anyone...

...but Bisping grew on a lot of people because over time he showed that he's a straight talker and not putting on an act. He has a sharp wit and talks a lot of trash, but he doesn't bullshit - he tells it like it is (which is the most stinging and effective type of trash talk). On top of that, he's actually pretty articulate and gives wisdom and insight to the fight game when given a chance.

...So as people started to come around to Bisping's personality, he had also earned people's respect by being a long-time UFC veteran fighting so many big names. It worked out perfectly that when Bisping got his title shot, the champion was Luke Rockhold. Rockhold was disliked by most fans due to his arrogant deuchebag personality, it was a rematch with some personal animosity between the fighters, and Rockhold was a heavy favourite - all things that contributed to Bisping becoming a fan favourite by pulling off the win. I think just about everyone was cheering for Bisping to win that fight.

I like him too.

Much respect to Mike.

If the word was "fucking" I don't know why it was censored. If it was a homosexual slur, touché, I didn't know the glass eye'd homie swung that way.

Read/listen to his autobiography. Shit was pretty spectacular. It somehow better than Forrest Griffin's.

A modest appreciation thread about the englishman

He don't have a sexy style like Anderson Silva or Cung lee (he beat both)

He might look and sound as an average fighter at some point, but

He never cheated and always goes to war (verbaly and physicaly) against juiced fighters

The only guy (with Diaz) who fought the two legends GSP and Silva, beat one

Became UFC champ

Have an impressive resume (30-9 with big wins/names)

Have many competitive wins against killers in the biggest league with just one eye (valid eye who was not good either, lost the other eye on battlefield against maybe the most iconic juiced fighter of all time with Ubereem)

Show respect to The Count, he earned it with sweet and blood, he was not the most talented but he worked his ass off

He have one of the most inspiring MMA career IMO
Great points! I agree 100%!!

If the amalgamation of circumstances were vastly different, I could find some pause and have a little compassion but not here, the way it went down, the before, the after and the time spent on ridiculous fights while top fighters were aging and the other basically left for greener pastures because of this.

It was deplorable and unacceptable and we will never see anything like it again ( although Conor- if he wins- thinks Nate Diaz has earned the shot to fight him for title ????? )
{<BJPeen}

I thought bisping should have got the nod over rashad so it evens it out a bit.
People always talk about the decisions that went his way but never mention the Rashad fight. The Chael fight could have went to him too. When you fight as long as Bisping, you’re going to have some that fall on both sides. Dan Henderson has a similar run of close decisions. He won some. He lost some. The Hamill decision is really the only one Bisping clearly lost.

He never cheated and always goes to war (verbaly and physicaly) against juiced fighters

Became UFC champ

Have many competitive wins against killers in the biggest league with just one eye (valid eye who was not good either, lost the other eye on battlefield against maybe the most iconic juiced fighter of all time with Ubereem)

Show respect to The Count, he earned it with sweet and blood, he was not the most talented but he worked his ass off

tenor.gif

Rashad, Wand, Chael.

Absolute legend always a fan.

i thought wand beat him easily. But bisping beat rashad and chael. And I forgot about the chael fight even though it was important but just a shit fight.

Became UFC champ

I was never more happy for a fighter winning the belt! His career is one of the best stories in MMA history. A true Rocky story of MMA!

i thought wand beat him easily. But bisping beat rashad and chael. And I forgot about the chael fight even though it was important but just a shit fight.

Naw Wand did fuck all except for the last moments of each round. Bisping had a really bad corner. I was there that night and you could hear them telling Mike he had it in the bag.

The late flurries from wand tricked the judges. Re-watch it. Its fucking pathetic.

Been a fan since TUF. Usually put on some good fights minus the Rashad figjt and probably a few others. Sure he rubbed people the wrong way but it's just how he chose to be marketed even though did spit on someone. He's paid his dues, he has my hespect.

I was never more happy for a fighter winning the belt! His career is one of the best stories in MMA history. A true Rocky story of MMA!

Cinderella man story actually. Absolutely they should do a movie about him.

Interesting to hear you say "Lost other eye to Ubereem on the battlefield" because I always thought it was Hendo that knocked Bisping cross-eyed, but I vividly remember Joe Rogan saying it was Belfort. So what really happened there?

Hendo just Ko’d him. Vitor busted his eye.

Back