RBR Bivol vs Zurdo DAZN Nov.5th

wait why are people bickering about the scores?

zurdo won 2 and 3, but neither was very convincing, and he may have stolen the 10th... possibly. other than that, he was walked down by the smaller man, couldn't land shit, and had sweat flying off his head from bivol's shots any time he forced an exchange. so 118-110 or 117-111 is about as good a scorecard as you can get for this fight.

he looked spectacular. i think he made zurdo realize really quickly that despite being smaller, he can crack well enough, and it made ramirez fight a lot more cautiously than we've seen in the past. and considering his style is to basically walk people down into the ropes and fuck them up, bivol basically took away all of his weapons. it was awesome watching the guy who looked 2 weightclasses smaller control the center of the ring.

when zurdo got bivol on the ropes, they had a fight, both landing. when bivol walked him down and pushed him to the ropes, it was a beatdown.

i was sort of nervous for bivol to get check hooked, because he keeps his left hand really low... but ramirez just couldn't time it, or see it. in fact, the few times that he tried to right hook him late in the fight, bivol landed his own, crisper left hook on the inside.

a glorious performance, i hope beterbiev folds yarde double quick and they put this one together. i can't imagine a better fight than bivol vs beterbiev in 2023.

Wow! Yes! That was an entertaining fight. Great win for Bivol and congratulations to him on defending the Light Heavyweight Title!

He wants Beterbiev for sure.

“I proved myself, that I can beat the best guys in the world,” he said of this year, then turned his attention to his repeated goal to fighting Artur Beterbiev.

“Now I want another guy who doesn’t know what losing is. I have a goal, I want to be undisputed champion. It all depends on me.”

It'll be an all-time travesty if Bivol and Beterbiev don't face each other next year.
As a huge Beterbiev nuthugger I think Bivol takes this by safely 1-2 ing Biev and staying at range.

Zurdo looked like a jobber coming for a paycheck tonight.

He wants Beterbiev for sure.

“I proved myself, that I can beat the best guys in the world,” he said of this year, then turned his attention to his repeated goal to fighting Artur Beterbiev.

“Now I want another guy who doesn’t know what losing is. I have a goal, I want to be undisputed champion. It all depends on me.”
Convenient timing tbh. Could have done it years ago.

I don't think he had the ball in his court a few years back , now the stakes are bigger for both men after Bivol beat Canelo .

I don't think he had the ball in his court a few years back , now the stakes are bigger for both men after Bivol beat Canelo .

Arum said after Biev beat Smith that it has to be on ESPN not "Deadzone", so it's between Bivol's people and Arum to get this done.

Arum said after Biev beat Smith that it has to be on ESPN not "Deadzone", so it's between Bivol's people and Arum to get this done.
i wish there was one channel or streaming service service called boxing.
It shows boxing only and has the top 30 ranked boxers of each weight class signed.

but oh well, combat sports is not something most kids grow up on, and most fighters compete twice a year cause its dangerous. Its hard to let go of this format like ur waiting for a holywood film to be released.

i’m jealous of other normal sport fans, if they like Ronaldo, Federer, Lebron etc they get to see these guys compete 40-70 times a year.
Meanwhile we’re crossing our fingers each champ or title challenger doesnt miss weight or get injured in camp.

rant over, sorry…

You can see the Soviet style in Bivol put into perfection.

didnt commit all night,
i wish there was one channel or streaming service service called boxing.
It shows boxing only and has the top 30 ranked boxers of each weight class signed.

but oh well, combat sports is not something most kids grow up on, and most fighters compete twice a year cause its dangerous. Its hard to let go of this format like ur waiting for a holywood film to be released.

i’m jealous of other normal sport fans, if they like Ronaldo, Federer, Lebron etc they get to see these guys compete 40-70 times a year.
Meanwhile we’re crossing our fingers each champ or title challenger doesnt miss weight or get injured in camp.

rant over, sorry…
5562514484c87.jpeg

true, but were people really calling for this fight before beterbiev beat gvozdyk? not being a dick here, i genuinely don't feel like this fight was discussed much before beterbiev crushed him. once he unified, he got the full attention of the fans and the promotions... and he only did this in 2019, right before the pandemic hit. artur didn't fight in 2020 at all, and this year only beat up smith. he isn't the most active fighter.

so yeah, they obviously could have done it earlier, but i honestly don't feel like bivol's been avoiding him. these guys just haven't been the top dogs that long, by boxing standards.

You can see the Soviet style in Bivol put into perfection.
Yes. On the other hand he does make some mistakes in there that a killer like Beterbiev will punish him for. As good of a pure boxer as Bivol is he's never seen anything like him. I think a lot of people will be surprised. Hopefully we get that undisputed fight next year.

true, but were people really calling for this fight before beterbiev beat gvozdyk? not being a dick here, i genuinely don't feel like this fight was discussed much before beterbiev crushed him. once he unified, he got the full attention of the fans and the promotions... and he only did this in 2019, right before the pandemic hit. artur didn't fight in 2020 at all, and this year only beat up smith. he isn't the most active fighter.

so yeah, they obviously could have done it earlier, but i honestly don't feel like bivol's been avoiding him. these guys just haven't been the top dogs that long, by boxing standards.
Folks were saying Andre Ward was ducking the two best LHWs when he was fighting Kova. Theyve been the best for a long time imo.

Folks were saying Andre Ward was ducking the two best LHWs when he was fighting Kova. Theyve been the best for a long time imo.
Yep they've been the two best light heavies for years. They both won their world titles back in November 2017. That was a half decade ago. Since then Beterbiev's collected all the remaining titles. They need to fight next year. It has to happen and I think that it will.

Has Beterbiev been trying to make the Bivol fight? Seems like for both it would have been high risk low reward to fight before they became big names.

Back