BJJ and Corona Virus

There's more to microbiology than viruses. Bacteria and fungi are an issue too.

The people on the mat failing to clean themselves and their gear is the best way to spread all three.

You're thinking in a limited way of only yourself. I'm talking about public health level, even at the micro level of the public health of one gym community.

Now obviously don't go the gym if you've had a fever less than 24 hours ago, but don't act like cleanliness doesn't matter to the spread of disease.

Even on an individual level the difference between whether a partner gives you something or not can literally boil down to if they washed their hands after sneezing into them before the class started.

It is idiotic and ignorant to pretend clean technique and hand washing and cleaning mats, gis, and gym gear does not matter.

Do not be an idiot. Stop it.

I don’t know if you noticed that this topic is about corona virus, not bacteria, I’m structly talking about this virus.

"According to China, ..."

No skill Gap - are you retarded? Did you take the short bus to school? Did your mom smoke and drink while you were in the womb? Why would you believe ANYTHING that China reports? They are lying their commie asses off. Seriously. Some people are so dumb they don't deserve to live.

You should honestly be yellow-carded for trying to spread flat-earth conspiracy bullshit in the grappling forum. I'm not a rat though so I won't report you. You're clearly autistic, suffering on the spectrum.

"A true martial artist would look after their family first!" talking about stocking up on 4 months of food/medicine/water and apocalypse prep, anyone who says that clearly is autistic in some form. This virus is going to have like a 1-2% mortality rate at very most. 2% range or a bit more would be very high, and we are talking 2/100 people, 2,000/100,000 infected dying - mainly all older people or already unhealthy people. Nothing significantly more than the average flu season basically.

I don't deserve to live because I have brain cells and call you out on your bullshit? lmao. Okay Josh Fabia Jr. Try conning others, you can't fool me. Conveniently don't @ me everytime you respond to me because I will mentally fold you. Keep lying about your scientific background too, still waiting on the response...where is it bro? Dr. "oldguy" lmao.

You're a retard. Keep trying to spread conspiracy bullshit. It's an airborne virus so it has barely any relevance to grappling...this is not a fungus or bacteria like Staph. This thread is a joke and you are a low IQ peasant who knows nothing about science. Keep eating up flat earth youtube vids and mainstream media hype jobs.

Is South Korea lying too? 11 deaths in 1,766 cases, a comparable example of what it will be like in the US because they actually have advanced medicine and infrastructure? Are they commies now too? That is a 0.62% mortality rate btw, in a 1st world country and one that was infected without taking precautions / countermeasures yet. So reaching 2% would appear to be unlikely in places with advanced medicine...like you know the U.S.

+ for the 10th time: This has flimsy as fuck to no relevance to grappling/BJJ

Last edited:
I hate to be the one to say this. But, BJJ is going to put most people at an extremely high risk for Corona Virus. The very nature of what we do is the a perfect storm for catching this disease. This is something you may want to consider.

The virus will come here too (USA). It will probably hit the USA the hardest because of the mistakes being made right now.

The CDC is doing every single thing wrong an organization can do. They refuse to test in the USA unless you have been to China or you have been exposed to a known carrier. This is especially dumb because asymptomatic people can transmit this disease. People can be asymptomatic for up to 27 days. The best time to stop a pandemic is at the beginning stages. Because this has an R0 of >6, it is going to be unstoppable with the head start that it has been given.

The CDC seems to have the retarded strategy of - if you don't test for a disease, you can't have an epidemic. This is similar to a 2 year old covering their eyes to make the world go away.

Two of my favorite BJJ phrases ...

Defend early
"You screwed up a long time ago" (in reference to the guy with a person mounted on their chest)

CA (my home state) has 8000 people that have been told to self isolate. They have tested almost NONE of them. This has about as much chance of working as the karate guy who says he is going to grab my balls to get out of my mount. Pure stupidity.

It is bad. Really bad.
Shit is nasty anyways. Rolling around in pubic hairs.

No offense but I don't think you understand how this stuff works.
What stuff Sir? Statistics about average longetivity of human life in each country are openly available public documents. These are used by different kind of people: from students till Insurance companies and pension funds.

You can project all you want about "young people dying" more than old people. I don't care. This is data and science proving the opposite,
Interestingly, what I project here?
Introduction about average lifespan is projecting or argument that young people dying more?
* I a bit feel that you are trying to play with my words to make guys believe that I insist about something.
-
Please, at least use statistics about average longetivity of life in US or anywhere.
Hospital statistics about death % according with age groups.
-
You most likely will not live till 80, from statistical point about median longetivity of life.
Regardless of what ilnesses you will have.
-
BTW, were you interested what death % in hospitals from bacterial pneumonia does have for example infants and people >80 years of age?
You have all options to get know it in few minutes for free.
If you have real and genuine interest not just genuine interest to prove that someone here is wrong.
----
I'm not secretary to google and sitting here to prove something or educate free forum about statistics, copy/ paste bunches with links and argue about something.
&
From statistic median average person is died already BEFORE reached 80 years of age.
So already nothing surprising that a persons >80 y.o death % form ANY ilnesses is higher than in another age groups.
This isn't business about viruses, this is business about....death from any reason.

What stuff Sir? Statistics about average longetivity of human life in each country are openly available public documents. These are used by different kind of people: from students till Insurance companies and pension funds.

Interestingly, what I project here?
Introduction about average lifespan is projecting or argument that young people dying more?
* I a bit feel that you are trying to play with my words to make guys believe that I insist about something.
-
Please, at least use statistics about average longetivity of life in US or anywhere.
Hospital statistics about death % according with age groups.
-
You most likely will not live till 80, from statistical point about median longetivity of life.
Regardless of what ilnesses you will have.
-
BTW, were you interested what death % in hospitals from bacterial pneumonia does have for example infants and people >80 years of age?
You have all options to get know it in few minutes for free.
If you have real and genuine interest not just genuine interest to prove that someone here is wrong.
----
I'm not secretary to google and sitting here to prove something or educate free forum about statistics, copy/ paste bunches with links and argue about something.
&
From statistic median average person is died already BEFORE reached 80 years of age.
So already nothing surprising that a persons >80 y.o death % form ANY ilnesses is higher than in another age groups.
This isn't business about viruses, this is business about....death from any reason.

Honestly it's tough to read what you're writing here, it's just disarray. Look I have nothing against you personally but this is what you said in this thread on page 1:

"Young people love to dream this mantra.
Actually when simple winter fly is going around, people over 55 had less sick leave % than young people in workplaces where I had worked.
The most immune against casual fly were…..old alcoholics."

Which is just kind of bullshit (also pure anecdote, and unconfirmable). The flu and most illness tend to be most dangerous and fatal for infants and the elderly.

Everything else you have said is either some form of strawman or has no relevance and is a false equivalence.

I posted a bar graph. A short-term study or observation by China showing the mortality rate of those specifically infected by this Coronavirus strain in given age brackets. The results are clear and obvious: Older people are far more susceptible to death after infection, at much higher rates from 50+ onward, specifically at 70-80+ it's pretty bad. And like I already said, take it with a grain of salt because it's China.

If anything China would be skewing this to seem less fatal though, in attempt to save face for their economy. So it's not like they would fake it to be more fatal as conspiracy TS suggested.

Look I don't care about bacterial infections in hospitals in the month of June % numbers. First off I guarantee they are more fatal for the elderly and infants, it's very simple to discern that through science...they both have compromised immune systems for obvious reasons and I'm not going to explain basic science nor do I claim to be a pathologist.

Simply put: The Coronavirus is more deadly to elderly people. Talking about the gold market, stock market, or herpes infections is not relevant and has no purpose in this conversation. Also, again...let's look at South Korea: currently 13 deaths and 2,022 confirmed cases. The mortality rate in a non-billions of people crowded, less than "good medical support" area, = 0.5-0.6% currently on that sample. It's high, higher than h1n1 but it's not the fucking plague.

Last edited:
https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/life-expectancy
At least read this.
Sorry, I hoped that you get that >80 y.o does have higher death % from bunches of different ilnesses.
You still discuss like death of >80 y.o is something non casual.
Talking about the gold market, stock market,
Wow, look at stakes indexes charts…..

or herpes infections
Didn't talked about herpes.
Also, again...let's look at South Korea: currently 13 deaths and 2,022 confirmed cases.
Dear god, these all 2022 were old?
Then beautiful.
>80 y.o does have higher death % from pneumonia in hospitals than 15%....
This is natural.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/life-expectancy
At least read this.
Sorry, I hoped that you get that >80 y.o does have higher death % from bunches of different ilnesses.
You still discuss like death of >80 y.o is something non casual.

Wow, look at stakes indexes charts…..

Didn't talked about herpes.

Dear god, these all 2022 were old?
Then beautiful.
>80 y.o does have higher death % from pneumonia in hospitals than 15%....
This is natural.

Well I tried. Obviously you don't want to, or cannot hold a serious conversation or you don't possess the IQ to do so. You are the GOAT of Strawmen

This is your mind:

This virus specifically is deadly to those 50+ years old = not many people are actually 80+ years old dude!

The gold market crashed bro, young people love to pretend they are immune when in fact they are the ones in danger (citation needed). Oh that chart? What about bacterial infections in hospitals? Do you know if you smoke a pack of cigarettes a day it's less harmful than being 80+ years old? A lot of the people at my job are old, they didn't get the flu this year so old people don't get the flu!

P.S. When did I ever say the 2,022 people infected in South Korea were all old you potato? I can't converse with you sorry, I'm trying not to insult but your illogical leaps are too much for me to deal with without being paid to do so.

Last edited:
Simply put: The Coronavirus is more deadly to elderly people. Talking about the gold market, stock market, or herpes infections is not relevant and has no purpose in this conversation. Also, again...let's look at South Korea: currently 13 deaths and 2,022 confirmed cases. The mortality rate in a non-billions of people crowded, less than "good medical support" area, = 0.5-0.6% currently on that sample. It's high, higher than h1n1 but it's not the fucking plague.

You keep using the South Korean example, but many of those infections have happened or been confirmed fairly recently. You are obviously going to get a lower rate because the data being used is inconsistent. Not sure why you would even try to put that lower number out there when there are plenty of resources showing it higher with greater sample/power.

https://www.reuters.com/article/chi...s-a-once-in-a-century-pathogen-idUSL2N2AS1AV?

It's a common math error to divide deaths by cases, when they should be looking at deaths vs recoveries amongst the same cohort. This figure hasn't settled. A great many are still recovering or in critical condition.

You keep using the South Korean example, but many of those infections have happened or been confirmed fairly recently. You are obviously going to get a lower rate because the data being used is inconsistent. Not sure why you would even try to put that lower number out there when there are plenty of resources showing it higher with greater sample/power.

https://www.reuters.com/article/chi...s-a-once-in-a-century-pathogen-idUSL2N2AS1AV?

And what exactly does that link provide?

We can only work with what we currently know. South Korea has a 2000+ confirmed infection sample size and only 13 deaths. Other countries such as Italy have too small a sample size to even discern anything, and China is sketchy itself / has lesser medical conditions and overpopulation.

Great Bill Gates thinks it's a "once in a century" virus, good for him. He's not a pathologist, he's a computer nerd who stole shit from the Linux guy right lol? In all seriousness, they said the same shit about h1n1. This might be worse sure, but the fatality rate isn't going to be some astronomical figure like some think.

And what exactly does that link provide?

We can only work with what we currently know. South Korea has a 2000+ confirmed infection sample size and only 13 deaths. Other countries such as Italy have too small a sample size to even discern anything, and China is sketchy itself / has lesser medical conditions and overpopulation.

So now China is too sketchy to base any data off of when you referenced China data yourself in a post prior. In addition, South Korea's sample is large enough at 2000+ cases and Italy's current confirmed cases at approximately ~900 is NOT large enough. Will stop feeding the troll here.

So now China is too sketchy to base any data off of when you referenced China data yourself in a post prior. In addition, South Korea's sample is large enough at 2000+ cases and Italy's current confirmed cases at approximately ~900 is NOT large enough. Will stop feeding the troll here.

Lmao. So what's your angle buddy? Another conspiracy tard?

Yes I used a graph from China and China is sketchy. We have limited data to go off of, and I specifically said take it with a grain of salt. If anything China would logically make this seem LESS severe and deadly than it is to save face politically and economically right?

You posted an opinion piece where Bill Gates called this a "once in a century" virus. What's that worth? Nothing. Bill Gates is not an expert in biology, in pathology, on viruses, on the flu, on SARS. Obviously a very successful and wealthy guy, but why would I really care about his opinion? He also specifically is addressing Africa and poor areas of the world without proper sanitation or medicine. Sucks for them, it does, but that's how it is all the time. Another politically charged point. Provided nothing of scientifically value.

I'm going off the largest sample size of the most similar country to the US. If you live elsewhere, go make your own comparisons. Italy has 21 deaths and 820 cases. They also did not take it seriously at all from what I've read here from the Italian guy, and they do have an older population relative to other countries. How many of the 21 were old or unhealthy? Again the guy here from Rome said they all were.

South Korea is now at 16 deaths in 2,931 cases. Since you want to be a douchebag and also low IQ with your retarded Bill Gates post, let's combine them then right?

37 deaths in 3,751 cases (S.Korea + Italy combined) = .00986 = 0.986% mortality rate = rounded 1% mortality rate.

Yes 1% is very high, compared to something like H1N1 which was around 0.2% or something. But also we are skewing the numbers by Italy's very high rate, and also this virus is deadly mainly only to older people and those with compromised immune systems - which was the point of the graph I posted, but you obviously didn't understand that.

They faked the moon landing! y2k bro

Bill Gates is a eugenicist. Research it. He wants you dead.

No brain gap - CV has a death rate of 3-15%. 3% if you have good medical care. 15% if you don't. The USA has 2.6 beds per 1000. Your numbers are bullshit because the true number of deaths takes up to 30 days to develop. The second wave of the disease is the part that does the most killing.

Weak people have to lie to themselves about a threat because they can't handle the truth. Little bitches like no skill gap can't handle his fear. So, he believes lies.

Where did this troll go

05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg

The core of his success was user friendly Interface for Office workers and small size workstations promotion.
My father had a computer school in the early 90s, it was a revolution to have user friendly interface for office workers.

People were on another level of being technologically dumb you wouldn't believe it. So windows and mouse was a huge step up from DOS commands

It was a lot of work though, I remember installing Lotus 123 with 20 floppy discs on 30 computers... I never understood how my father was able to buy this much PCs they were 5000$ a piece... he had balls

So windows and mouse was a huge step up from DOS commands
Yes, with Mouse work was faster too.
In 90 ies I didn't had PC, it was fun actually.
Later, when I had to use PC and this internet in these days. Internet was slow, was very slow dialup. To dowload enough to fill FDD was long time. :(
PC for these times wasn't weak at all. Internet was slow.
Later I get better, still this was slow, about speed enought for modern YT with low quality settings : not to dream even.
Now I can watch boxing bout online even from server located in NL, Japan, South Africa, US, U.K, Russia.
-----------
I remember how I had fight with old printer in 2001 th, to make this stuff work again.
Now these printers are small and work fast, then this was with xxxxxx needles and huge mechanism for printing.
-
Then there were upgrade options, for example add RAM modules, change video card etc.
Workstations were relatively easy to open etc.
First stuff I frequently used had 1,7 GB HDD and 64 MB RAM.
OK, about smarphones, my first had single core at max clock 266 MHz.
-
Now one from my smartphones is big - little 6 core stuff with 3 GB RAM, wow.
Laptop with 1 TB HDD and 512 GB SSD.
First laptop I had was with 2,7 GB HDD and 128 MB RAM, I had upgraged this stuff till 256 MB RAM. I was told that it isn't possible for casual, but I removed modules and changed them to get 256 MB RAM.;)
-

Back