BJJ and Corona Virus

hi i wanted to post question but i couldnt cuz i am white belt yet i wanted to ask that i had 6 months breake from mma and how do i go back and is 6 months a long time or not?and can i get fast better than before?ty lot bro for help

Eddie Bravo level post
Do you have a formal science background?
Jesus put this in the war room or wasteland.
This is not a thread about grapping but grappling is just an excuse to talk about a non grappling subject.
Ok

People in close proximity and grappling are at a higher risk of spreading disease.

/end thread.
You made your point, but no what you really want to do is talk about politics/conspiracy theories.
lol remember ebola westnile ect, just jumpin on bandwagon
TS has made multiple outlandish claims in this thread.

What is your "formal" science background you claim to have?

You called this the worst / biggest global pandemic in 100 years, lol. But the death count in places other than China is extremely low currently. The death toll is 2 in Italy, and 2 in Japan. South Korea is the only country having an actual problem right now with the virus and their death toll is 11.

You're making it seem like this is the black plague. It's not. This is extremely similar to the h1n1 scare years ago, and SARS years back as well (this is a SARS virus).

Also the "chance of death" raising on double infections line is absolute fucking bullshit. How is it even possible for someone to be infected twice by this virus at this point?

I have to agree with @nefti on this, you are here to spew some conspiracy theory / political bullshit. This isn't about grappling. You might as well suggest that no one take a train, or go to airports, or go to a supermarket. Because the way you are framing this is that this coronavirus outbreak is the bubonic plague. It's not. This has been going on for weeks, probably a month+ now and again, what has happened?

The media wants to sell, it wants views and clicks. They will hyperbolize and fantasize. Anyone taking main-stream media stories without a grain of salt are simply naive. Perhaps the virus will spread here, but it's not much different from the flu. That's the simple fact here, it's a glorified flu outbreak. And specifically to link it to BJJ gyms or grappling is retarded. It's an airborne disease. The odds of catching it with a small circle of grapplers, maybe 50-100 people maximum using the mats in a day would logically be lower than taking a packed train for example.
Now we know who he is: one of those guys. Just close this thread please or move it
Is it really spreading that fast though?

The first reports in China were on Dec. 31st, 2019.

The first case in the U.S. was on Jan. 19th, 2020.

It's currently Feb. 26th. So effectively it's been 2 months since the outbreak began in Wuhan. It has not spread here in the U.S. at all
, and there are only isolated cases in Italy and Japan I believe. It has only really spread in South Korea, which makes sense geographically considering they are bordering China.

I'm not saying this isn't "serious" but TS is making this sound like the end of the human race. He's clearly some conspiracy crack pot with an ulterior motive to post in a grappling forum. Imo, which I guarantee I have more of a scientific background and "merit" than TS (not that it even matters), this is similar to H1N1.

It's bad but it's not some bubonic plague type shit. It's a bad version of the flu, it's a SARS virus. It's going to become a "pandemic" just like h1n1 was in 2009. Did the world end in 2009? Did we run out of food, water, electricity? Well go look at TS' latest comments here and be the judge of why he's talking about doing BJJ v.s. Coronavirus.

Again like I said initially, simply using trains, planes, being in crowded places like supermarkets, bars, clubs, etc is going to put you at more risk than BJJ would mathematically
. And I'm not an expert, but I'd love to hear about TS' alleged scientific credentials.
You should honestly be yellow-carded for trying to spread flat-earth conspiracy bullshit in the grappling forum.
+ for the 10th time: This has flimsy as fuck to no relevance to grappling/BJJ

Great Bill Gates thinks it's a "once in a century" virus, good for him. He's not a pathologist, he's a computer nerd who stole shit from the Linux guy right lol? In all seriousness, they said the same shit about h1n1. This might be worse sure, but the fatality rate isn't going to be some astronomical figure like some think.

Lmao.
They faked the moon landing! y2k bro

Ouch !!!!!!

No skill gap also no brains or common sense

Ouch !!!!!!

No skill gap also no brains or common sense

Yeah very cool to quote a thread from a month ago or longer when we didn't know how severe the spread of a virus would be. Thanks doctor social justice!

btw what I said still stands you dipshit. Go parrot what we all know by now, you're a hero! This virus is still an airborne threat like I said over a month ago. The spread got out of hand, no one knew it was this serious because at the time it was China covering it all up basically and we simply did not know. Feb. 25th was when this thread discussion started.

Did you predict this epidemiologist, virologist, doctor GordoTardBJJ? Fuck yourself then. Easy to talk shit now in hindsight. Fucking moron, you're a hero bro! Your post on Sherdog is saving lives!

Last edited:
Actually many people on this thread saw it coming. Amazing that people cannot admit they were wrong. Well, not really.

Yeah very cool to quote a thread from a month ago or longer when we didn't know how severe the spread of a virus would be. Thanks doctor social justice!

btw what I said still stands you dipshit. Go parrot what we all know by now, you're a hero! This virus is still an airborne threat like I said over a month ago. The spread got out of hand, no one knew it was this serious because at the time it was China covering it all up basically and we simply did not know. Feb. 25th was when this thread discussion started.

Did you predict this epidemiologist, virologist, doctor GordoTardBJJ? Fuck yourself then. Easy to talk shit now in hindsight. Fucking moron, you're a hero bro! Your post on Sherdog is saving lives!

Lots of people saw it coming, and if you would've just watched the video posted from the YouTube channel "Peak Prosperity" you wouldn't have been looking like such a fool on here with your bullshit.

Lots of people saw it coming, and if you would've just watched the video posted from the YouTube channel "Peak Prosperity" you wouldn't have been looking like such a fool on here with your bullshit.

Oh yeah? like all the BJJ gyms across the country that were still open at the time this thread was made up until multiple weeks later?

Thanks Ken. Go watch your flat earth videos, I'm good.

Back