Bow out gracefully Joe

Rogan taught me a lot back in the early days when it was just him and Goldy. But now it’s just getting embarrassing…nobody will call him out for ZERO prep work like Dom did with DC…and i get it, i’m sure he’s got way more on his plate on a day to day basis than he did 15 years ago…but dude, your just showing up and yelling random noises into the mic at this point…you’d think as much as he “constantly seeks self improvement” he’d see the writing on the wall…either be a professional and put SOME effort into your job, or bow out gracefully…he’s gonna stick around until uncle Dana leaves, just so he can say he left with White…pride goeth before the fall

…and another thing…why the 3 man commentary? Anik is the gold standard, but when have the other two, whoever they are, NOT talked over/interrupted/apologized for interrupting each other?
Rogan is terrible and has BEEN terrible.
Is normal.
But when you have the most listened-to podcast in the world, Dana will suck your blood without hesitation.
Kinda like how he (Dana) wants to arrange a fight between two guys that don't fight, just so he can make money off of it.
All the while talking shit on celebrity boxing and claiming they don't do gimmick fights in the UFC.
cm-punk-wwe.gif

I honestly cannot imagine being so shocked by the bad commentary that it takes takes away enjoyment from the actual fight occurring. The UFC narrative that is constantly pushed is honestly like white noise to me, I’m like…
<36>

I like Joe and DC. I don’t want to hang out in real life with them but I enjoy their commentary even if sometimes off base. I’m not looking for perfection or anything close to it. Entertainment is what I want from those two and they provide it. I have eyes and can form my own subjective opinions about what really did or did not go down.

I guess I will have to be the odd one out because I like Joe on the mic.

Does he get some things slightly wrong, yeah sure but so do the rest.

And non can be worse than Dom saying Conor was gassing Khabib out by getting smashed in the face lool

Personally it will be a sad day when Joe leaves.

Every event. Choke attempt.

IIITTT'S TIIGGHHTT!!

Just as the fighter slips out of the choke. And if you're paying attention as the viewer you know the fighter is not in danger of being submitted. But clearly Joe does not.
your seeing the TV up close sometimes Joe on other side ring cage side is all :rolleyes:

Other than being a familiar voice, he's almost as bad as Goldy now. He just shows up and calls a fight like someone that a friend brought over to watch the fights. Every PPV he says something completely ridiculous on commentary like he just started watching MMA this week.

Last night in the Aljo/O'Malley fight, it was "How do you score that? It was completely even" even though the numbers were just popped up showing that O'Malley landed ONE strike in the entire round up to that point to Aljo's 8. I mean come on. Anik and DC were forced to go to a judging summit to learn how to score rounds. Rogan has his own made up scoring system and still doesn't know what he's calling.

Joe Rogan probably brings the ufc more people watching than whatever you guys think he detracts from commentating. You can have the most eloquent speaker who always gets it right, but he's not going to be near as popular as Joe Rogan.

Nobody is watching UFC because of Joe Rogan lol

Nobody is watching UFC because of Joe Rogan lol
But there in ufc because of joe. Then have a familiar voice. I would bet tons of people. They certainly don't discover ufc from dc cruz bisping. I'm talking casuals.

Last edited:
Rogan's comfort food; familiar, will probably eventually give you cancer. It doesn't matter what he says, as long as he's saying something

Sanko might be the best non-Bisping, non-Anik talent...

But hear of ufc because of joe. Then have a familiar voice. I would bet tons of people. They certainly don't discover ufc from dc cruz bisping. I'm talking casuals.

This was true 15 years ago, not in 2023

rogan, dc and anik are the best combo. too much dork haters. I'm a jiu jitsu black belt and Joe is easily the best at recognizing and explaining ground fighting by far.

bisping is easily the worst commentator. not good at explaining anything. too vague, tries to be funny, he's annoying, and can't stop throwing in his own accolades. oh also annoying how he can't stop saying "to be honest"... Dom is the best at extrapolating the stand up game. felder is pretty damn solid all around.

Last edited:
but DC has a very high Fight IQ and is great at explaining whats going on.. def makes its understandable to a casual or a new person to the sport

He does. I didn’t manage to watch the entire broadcast, but based on what I did see, Cormier was doing good work.

He speaks on a level that casuals understand but still makes it interesting for the hardcores, which isn’t an easy balance to strike. Plus he has a genuine enthusiasm that everyone should find exciting. None of his haters have ever made a good case for why they consider him to be so terrible, so at this point, I truly dgaf.

Rogan taught me a lot back in the early days when it was just him and Goldy. But now it’s just getting embarrassing…nobody will call him out for ZERO prep work like Dom did with DC…and i get it, i’m sure he’s got way more on his plate on a day to day basis than he did 15 years ago…but dude, your just showing up and yelling random noises into the mic at this point…you’d think as much as he “constantly seeks self improvement” he’d see the writing on the wall…either be a professional and put SOME effort into your job, or bow out gracefully…he’s gonna stick around until uncle Dana leaves, just so he can say he left with White…pride goeth before the fall

…and another thing…why the 3 man commentary? Anik is the gold standard, but when have the other two, whoever they are, NOT talked over/interrupted/apologized for interrupting each other?

We all go through this stage, bud.

But then you go back to just chuckling to yourself at Rogan's misguided input.

You'll reach the apathetic stage soon, don't worry about it!

This was true 15 years ago, not in 2023
I mean I really don't have facts, I just see a few people watch the fights because Joe Rogan is commentating at my sister's fight parties. Just personal observations when casuals watch. She always invites a bunch of non mma fans, but they know joe rogan. Who knows? My experience could be the exception, but that's usually the response for me.

I mean I really don't have facts, I just see a few people watch the fights because Joe Rogan is commentating at my sister's fight parties. Just personal observations when casuals watch. She always invites a bunch of non mma fans, but they know joe rogan. Who knows? My experience could be the exception, but that's usually the response for me.

You're reasoning and logic are off. You're making the assumption that people are watching the fights simply because they know who Joe Rogan is when the better explanation is that they wanted to go to a gathering were their friends are hanging out and having a good time lol.

I highly doubt these people are like, "yeah, let's go watch Joe Rogan commentate some fights"

You're reasoning and logic are off. You're making the assumption that people are watching the fights simply because they know who Joe Rogan is when the better explanation is that they wanted to go to a gathering were their friends are hanging out and having a good time lol.

I highly doubt these people are like, "yeah, let's go watch Joe Rogan commentate some fights"
More like Joe was the reason they gave it a 2nd look and would mostly pay attention to post fight interviews or crazy moments. You're right they didn't exactly come for anything besides hanging out. My point is without a source of familiarity they really wouldn't have paid much attention to DC or Bisping as they recognized Joe Rogan. None of them turned into avid fans, but his clout just sort of justified it for them weirdly.

I turn the volume off. Started when Cruz started because he honestly makes me sick to my stomach. Then I realized I watch the fight exactly as they happen so no more volume.

Back