News Brandon Moreno vs Amir Albazi set for UFC Mexico, Feb. 24

Who wins this potential fight?

• Total voters
Moreno should be able to dictate striking here but Amir did show some promise against KKF who's arguably got better TDD than Moreno.

I feel like Amir will have a bunch of success here like he did against KKF but I think Moreno's volume, cardio and jab makes up for the takedowns he gives up. Amir is a live dog here though.

Should be fairly easy win for Moreno, but Albazi has had some time to improve now and could surprise us.

Yeah I thought Poaton/Jan & Paulo/Khamzat should've been booked for 5 rounds, for example. Morales vs Matthews not so much lol
Poatan vs Jan in a 5 rounder would have been awful. They were gassed by the end of round 1

Poatan vs Jan in a 5 rounder would have been awful. They were gassed by the end of round 1
1, That's hindsight I'm talking from the perspective of booking the fight. A clear number 1 contender fight.

2, Even still I would have rather had 2 more rds to get a clearer ending to a controversial decision.

Good fight. I like Moreno here. I haven’t seen anything from Albazi to suggest he can keep up with Moreno in a 5 rounder

5 round co-mains becoming a more regular thing for certain bouts is cool. Tough fight for Moreno but I think he pulls away late for a close decision victory.

Not the biggest fan of the idea.

If they start doing it more regularly, eventually fighters are gonna whine if they don't get it and it'll become a thing on ever card, no matter the matchup.

And half the time the UFC put sloppy HWs right up at the top just because they're big. I don't really want 5 rounds of that lol.

Going to be a banger... possibly early FOTY

Back