News Brian Ortega vs Yair Rodriguez 2 set for UFC Mexico, Feb. 24

Who wins this potential rematch?

• Total voters
How on gods earth is Ortega still ranked #3 in the world?

Dude has two wins in over five years - and both those wins have retired by now. Last win over KZ was 3 years ago.

Waste of a fight honestly. Both guys should be fighting lower ranked guys who are coming up. Both those divas will claim they deserve a titleshot with a win.

To me, it feels like Ortega fought 3 years ago, or more.
Then I googled him, and realize it was 1.5y ago. Wow, feels a lot more has passed, FML.

You get the rare Ortega apparance. And its a rematch of his last fight???

He should really be defending his rank spot instead.

Put Lesnar on the card

wwe-brock-lesnar.gif

Im sick of this shit man. Its uploaded before I post and I hit reply and it turns into a box with a question mark

Why? Ortega's last two wins were in 2020 and 2018.
Him getting another top five opponent is insane, dude should fighting Mitchell or Kattar.
Yeah I get that it's in Mexico so they want these 2 on the card. But I don't see why they couldn't have do Yair in the main vs Kattar, & Ortega vs Mitchell in the co-main.

Last edited:
ortega should win this. the dude comes to fight.

yair showed in his last fight that he is just happy to be there.

It's a good rematch because the first fight ended too quick cause of that injury.
That being said I have no clue why Ortega is still ranked so highly.

Ortega has lost 3 of his last 4 fights, over the span of 5 years. Including 2 title fights, his only win in those 4 fights was against KZ, more than 3 years ago. Max beat the piss out of him so badly he took 2 years off. Iirc he only dropped from number 1 to number 2 in those 2 years. Beats KZ, and gets another TS. This time Alex beat the piss out of him. That was more than 2 years ago. His corner picked him up off the ground and to the stool at one point.

He’s still ranked number 3. And gets to fight in a title eliminator. Against the guy he last lost to. A sub fucked Ortega’s shoulder. It was a legit win for Yair.

The whole thing is pretty fucking ridiculous, imo. Lose badly in a title fight. Get one win a cpl years later and get another TS. Get dominated in that title fight. Lose another fight, but never really drop in the rankings. And always just one win away from a TS.

I did this fight really interesting and was disappointed on how the first one played out . Ortega has to be suffering from ring rust at this point

Back