News Cédric Doumbé is set to fight Baki Chamsoudinov at PFL Paris 2, March 7

Who wins?

• Total voters
Dustin Poirier is not popular in France. I doubt he can even speak French.

France has many minorities who are popular athletes. I don't think that's much of a "thing". Quebecois are not as popular as black/middle-eastern/asian French people at all. Dunno where that journalist got that idea from.

French people do not even understand Quebecois half the time.
Quebecois down bad, also why would Poirier be popular lol? He doesn’t even speak French

There's a small bit of public backlash against doumbe after Jordan Zebo had an interview a few days ago where he detailed the harassment he's going through on social media and IRL (!) by doumbe's fans.

You can say a lot of things about doumbe that can be discussed, but what's not disputable is he has the most idiotic fan base of MMA fans in France. He takes the cake haut la main on this

There's a small bit of public backlash against doumbe after Jordan Zebo had an interview a few days ago where he detailed the harassment he's going through on social media and IRL (!) by doumbe's fans.

You can say a lot of things about doumbe that can be discussed, but what's not disputable is he has the most idiotic fan base of MMA fans in France. He takes the cake haut la main on this
He was tailor made for the UFC, would fit right in with their fanbase

The whole idea, according to Russian journalist (or journalists?) is like that - fighters with French roots has a following in France (like Poirier, GSP), so UFC understands that to get numbers in France they need some French/White Christian fighters, not some African/Asian/Polynesian Muslim/Buddhist. So that’s why BSD is getting a top opponent.
I guess that it might be the case here too - Asian looking Muslim from Russia. I doubt that thousands of people in France will buy tickets to watch his fight. So no need for UFC to rush and sign him and offer him a lot of money.
I don t think that s true. GSP has a following in France because he speaks French and has actual training connections with France (Skarbowsky, had this French cornerman, knows a bunch of French fighters).
I don't think Poirier has French fans just because of his last name.
Lastly, MMA is totally an ethnic minority thing in France. BSD is an outlier and i think he gathered an unwanted far right following but that's all. The face of French MMA is a bunch of Caucasians, North Africans, Caribian, etc. fighters.

BTW for those who don't speak French, Baki is a really cool guy with a very funny child-like vibe. I find him naturally hillarious with his body language, he looks really espiègle (not sure how to translate that).

I never really realised how imposing he is until he sparred Ibra TV, who is no pussy and a big guy. He looked / fell like Mike Tyson. I feel like the overall level of striking in French MMA is surprisingly good.

Any other bouts rumoured for this? Been really quiet on that front but that seems to be the motto with PFL, just announce all the bouts at once a month ahead

BTW for those who don't speak French, Baki is a really cool guy with a very funny child-like vibe. I find him naturally hillarious with his body language, he looks really espiègle (not sure how to translate that).

I never really realised how imposing he is until he sparred Ibra TV, who is no pussy and a big guy. He looked / fell like Mike Tyson. I feel like the overall level of striking in French MMA is surprisingly good.

Watched this recent Baki interview and was pleasantly surprised, kid seems super relatable and humble and he even speaks about his other passion outside MMA which is astronomy. I honestly was surprised lol. Timestamped it for french speakers :

Why can't I find any betting website/odds for this scrap yet? Take my money Bet365.

Hi all,

I am from the future. I don't usually do this as it could get me in trouble but I'm willing to take the risk so here we are...

Anyway, it's Friday the 1st of March 2024, the sun is shining and it's roughly 11:23am. The news coming to us all is that the popular (almost 32 year old) French kickboxer, Cedric Doumbe, has caved in after heeding advice from his peers and pulled out of his bout vs Baysangur Chamsoudinov, blaming the pull out on an "incident in training".

All tickets are re-fundable but the promotion promises that he will attend in some capacity alongside a plethora of random celebrities (who have been paid by the regime to attend) to pay respect to his fans.

Thanks.

Endy Semeleer is the current GLORY Welterweight champion (defended the title 3 times).
The 28-year-old Dutch fighter from Curaçaoan descent also is the former three-weight Enfusion champion, having held titles at -72.5kg,-75kg and -77kg.
“Bad News” has a professional Kickboxing record of 36-1 (18 KO/TKO):

1708442680610.jpeg

Will the training with Endy Semeleer help Baki to defeat Cédric Doumbé on March 7 ?

Back