News Cédric Doumbé officially cut from the UFC…

Doumbe is very keen to have his debut in France (possibly Abu Dhabi) so his plans is to get more fight elsewhere while waiting for the next event in France.
I think he is about to announce a fight very soon, either in MMA GP, or in KSW for their 1st card in France.

He's under contract with the UFC. He definitely will not be fighting in KSW.

He's under contract with the UFC. He definitely will not be fighting in KSW.
He said he is allowed to take 1 fight contracts with other orgs (probably not all of them), and had discussions with both MMA GP (where he fought last December) and KSW.

He said he is allowed to take 1 fight contracts with other orgs (probably not all of them), and had discussions with both MMA GP (where he fought last December) and KSW.

They cut him because he was too talented.

Unbelievable.

The UFC doesn't want the best fighters.

I'm not sure what to make of this...

Is he just having one fight there? Is he still under contract with the UFC, or have they terminated his contract?

@BoxerMaurits any news bud?
Sorry my bad, apparently that KSW news was a fake account (could have leaked something true though).

But, according to Doumbe, he is under UFC contract and he is allowed to have one shot fights in regional leagues while waiting for the next card in France to make his UFC debut.
Which is probably true because he had a fight in MMA GP in December and is still listed as active WW on the UFC website.

I'm not sure what to make of this...

Is he just having one fight there? Is he still under contract with the UFC, or have they terminated his contract?

@BoxerMaurits any news bud?
I’m not sure. Heard nothing about it aside from that tweet.
The last few months Doumbé has been saying that he’s under UFC-contract and can do single-fight contracts with regional MMA organizations. Going by that logic this should be a one-fight deal. He did it with MMA GP before, but KSW doesn’t really strike me as an organization who does those kinda deals tbh. Might be the case though, but they’re the biggest European MMA-organization around…
I guess time will tell

Reactions: TCE
Back