Cain Velasquez making a return to MMA retiring from Pro Wrestling

People are excited to see him return until they remember he pulls out of fights more than most. He’s an injury magnet.

Careful what you wish for guys.

He should fight Derrick Lewis. Seems like an easy win since DC was able to subdue him with ease.

lol javier needs fighters to fight and rep for aka again. dc luke and sheepherder are all done.

Wrassslin ain’t for everybody.. he got tossed around and beat up pretty good and now wants to go back to mma. Fair

Bad idea, even if not a stupid rumor.

He's a walking injury. Dude hasn't been healthy enough to compete consistently in years. Last I heard, he was supposed to be fighting in some luchador org in Mexico.
He had 4 matches in 2019 and one match in December 2021.

Guys, please read the actual article
Cain isn't the person talking here.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/2/...quez-returning-to-mma-is-possible-money-talks

Has anyone heard about this? I'm honestly a massive fan of any fighter from AKA like Khabib, DC, Cain, ect ect. This kinda makes me sad to see. I could definitely see Cain getting some success in the lower top 10 of the division but he's not a big heavyweight.

During his prime he would always do this thing where he would just blitz into people with constant pressure and he was hittable during his entries. He'd get knocked out and fall but then once his body was halfway down to the canvas he would wake up and pop back up right into clinching his opponent against the cage. When he would do this his knees were in a bad position and his legs were bent when he would pop back up. If you watch his fight with Francis you can see that Cain had pushed Francis back against the cage and was almost into the clinch when Francis hit him with that short hook that knocked him out. He started to fall KO'd and you can see him wake up while he's falling. Cain was gonna do his pop up and clinch the guy move but his knee gets blown out from his leg being bent.

What are your guys feelings about Cain considering a return to MMA? Are you excited or worried? That ability to pop back up after getting rocked was an important part of his style that made a legend. I worry that now without this he won't be able to make the adjustment to his style and change the way he enters the pocket against powerful strikers.

I'm probably one of the biggest Cain fans on Sherdog...
*Consider him to be the BEST HW in the history of the sport when he was in his prime, but Fedor is the GREATEST via resume.

So, am I excited to see him return to fighting?

No. He's far far past his prime at this point, and he's had far far too many injuries.

cus he was doing so much in pro wrestling lol

He was last seen getting subbed by Brock Lesnar in WWE.

Cain, go and box Jake Paul like the rest of them

Caín vete a boxear con Jake Paul como hacen todos los demás.

As a massive Cain fan already, not a good idea IMO..

Read the article. Sounds like he's staying retired. No one will give him 4 mill.

I was shocked to see Cain cry out of sheer fear when Ngannou was pounding him out. Glad that won't be my last MMA memory of him

Back