Law California law would fine department stores $1,000 for separating toys by gender

Look on the brightside, at least Mister Potato Head can be safely put in either section now without any financial blow back. Silver lining guys.

How dare you!

iu

Fine is ridiculous but so are gendered toys imo.
Gendered toys are normal. I have a big and a girl. They play with some toys together but often they have toys that they like and that’s with me being open to what they want to play with. Boys and girls naturally have diverging interests that increasingly separate as they get older

Family of four, I'm an uncle too, children will play with whatever imo not just what they're supposed to play with.
its got nothing to do with 'supposed to' its what they want to play with. the majority of girls like girls toys as do the majority of boys like boys toys. nothing wrong with that. if girls want to play with boys toys and vice versa. its convenient that they are in separate areas

Or they might start beat up people that disagrees with them.
haha, possibly. I really think alot of the attention to things like this is largely derived from some sort of psychosis that is the result of our lives being too easy. Most people don't really challenge themselves and rely entirely on external pressures to improve/apply themselves. Absent of these pressures and self-motivation, people are probably experiencing some sort of mental atrophy and this is the result.

So it seems it just eliminate signs that say boys or girls in large department stores...you can still seperate them by style and such, easy enough for toys. California pretty much saying fuck you to parents that have to navigate huge clothing sections without any directional signs...that's a bitch

Last edited:
haha, possibly. I really think alot of the attention to things like this is largely derived from some sort of psychosis that is the result of our lives being too easy. Most people don't really challenge themselves and rely entirely on external pressures to improve/apply themselves. Absent of these pressures and self-motivation, people are probably experiencing some sort of mental atrophy and this is the result.

When I read the OP it kind of reminded me of my niece.
She has a daughter, and one day they went clothe shopping, the girl was IIRC 5-6 years old.
So my niece let her pick what she wanted and she wanted a lot of pink clothes.
When going to pay, the girl at the register started to bitch about "thats a lot of pink clothes" and my niece told her to shut the fuck up. / End of story.

When I read the OP it kind of reminded me of my niece.
She has a daughter, and one day they went clothe shopping, the girl was IIRC 5-6 years old.
So my niece let her pick what she wanted and she wanted a lot of pink clothes.
When going to pay, the girl at the register started to bitch about "thats a lot of pink clothes" and my niece told her to shut the fuck up. / End of story.

Yup...people are particularly unimpressive as a whole....

Reactions: lsa
Toys are for racists anyway, they should ban it all together

The fine seems kinda silly. But toys shouldn't be gendered. Just have a fucking barbie doll section, a marvel action figure section, a lego section etc etc and let the kids decide what they want to play with

Back