Can someone tell me how GNC is still in business? they are the Sharper Image of supps

Is there a reason you are alternating and using vegan shakes with whey? I was told the Pea protein shake is the least toxic of the other vegan shakes and the best protein source of the plant based proteins, they did a study on plant based shakes and I think they had toxic metals

The results as portrayed by the report were potentially troubling on the surface. Jacklyn Bowen, the group’s executive director, said the plant-based protein powders tested the worst. Among the talking points for the test results were:

• Approximately 75% of plant-based proteins had measurable levels of lead. The laboratory discovered that the plant-based protein powders each contained on average twice the amount of lead per serving of other products.
  • In addition to lead, the plant-based protein powders contained mercury, cadmium and arsenic, in several cases above health-based guidelines.
  • 55% of all protein powders tested had measurable levels of BPA, a known endocrine disruptor.
  • Certified organic products averaged twice as much heavy metals.
  • Among the whey proteins, 10% tested with measurable amounts of lead. For the egg-based proteins, none were found to contain lead.

I bought a whey that was flavorless thst I can mix with anything I want and I bought a vegetable pea protein for after workouts.

I wanted to buy one of each. There was no real heavy thought behind it bedsides what I said above.

So you’re saying pea protein is safe?

Naked_Pea_Protein_Powder.jpg

NAKED also makes flavored powers as well

I bought a whey that was flavorless thst I can mix with anything I want and I bought a vegetable pea protein for after workouts.

I wanted to buy one of each. There was no real heavy thought behind it bedsides what I said above.

So you’re saying pea protein is safe?

Naked_Pea_Protein_Powder.jpg

NAKED also makes flavored powers as well
apparently pea protein is the best of the plant based proteins.

apparently pea protein is the best of the plant based proteins.

Oh well I’m glad I bought that.

Honestly I was reading an article and it featured a piece about Chris Hemsworths diet and what he was investing to get into shape.

He does both a veg and a whey protein. So I said I’ll try that. He always comes in shape and has a solid diet.

Oh well I’m glad I bought that.

Honestly I was reading an article and it featured a piece about Chris Hemsworths diet and what he was investing to get into shape.

He does both a veg and a whey protein. So I said I’ll try that. He always comes in shape and has a solid diet.
I just never found a Plant based protein that tasted good, most of them were masked with heavy sweeteners making it taste horrible, plus the grit, I used to drink those greens drinks and they had grit like sand when id shake it so I just let that settle at the bottom, apparently they are the seeds that they ground up from the strawberries and other fruits they used to mix with the fruit and veggie powder.

Im looking into egg protein now, I think I cant handle milk stuff like used to so im trying to stick to whey isolates instead of concentrate.

Do you drink the shakes every day or just workout days?

I just never found a Plant based protein that tasted good, most of them were masked with heavy sweeteners making it taste horrible, plus the grit, I used to drink those greens drinks and they had grit like sand when id shake it so I just let that settle at the bottom, apparently they are the seeds that they ground up from the strawberries and other fruits they used to mix with the fruit and veggie powder.

Im looking into egg protein now, I think I cant handle milk stuff like used to so im trying to stick to whey isolates instead of concentrate.

Do you drink the shakes every day or just workout days?

In the morning I put one scoop in with my breakfast shake. I’ll put in parsley, spinach, medium cucumber, hunk of ginger and half a frozen banana. That’s the usual morning shake. Sometimes I’ll add a small handful of frozen berries and some fat free Icelandic yogurt in it also. Sometimes also add 2 tablespoon organic peanut butter.

then I eat oatmeal and eggs. Sometimes add toast also, some sliced avocado. It all depends what I’m feeling. Breakfast can be a big meal with some sugar and fats.

In the morning I put one scoop in with my breakfast shake. I’ll put in parsley, spinach, medium cucumber, hunk of ginger and half a frozen banana. That’s the usual morning shake. Sometimes I’ll add a small handful of frozen berries and some fat free Icelandic yogurt in it also. Sometimes also add 2 tablespoon organic peanut butter.

then I eat oatmeal and eggs. Sometimes add toast also, some sliced avocado. It all depends what I’m feeling. Breakfast can be a big meal with some sugar and fats.

Im going to start doing fruit and veggie smoothies again so ill look into another plain whey isolate with no additives like that Naked one and a good pea protein.

Ill also look into some egg proteins I saw Designer Whey had one at the Walmart I went too. It was only 15 bucks.

True life. It’s almost criminal. Not sure why anyone would pay for their BS. A bunch of overpriced garbage if u ask me, mark up is probably 100 times what that trash is actually worth and most of it doesn’t do anything. Just eat real foods and real vitamins. The rest is BS.

True life. It’s almost criminal. Not sure why anyone would pay for their BS. A bunch of overpriced garbage if u ask me, mark up is probably 100 times what that trash is actually worth and most of it doesn’t do anything. Just eat real foods and real vitamins. The rest is BS.
yeah a long time ago GNC got busted for having rat poop in their supps and also their herbs were not even the labeld herb for st john wort it was a common house plant. But this was years ago when they get their Whey and Creatine from China.

I bought protein there back in the day when decent protein wasn't super common. Or it was sketchy. i haven't bought their stuff in well over ten years. Definitely a mystery man

I bought protein there back in the day when decent protein wasn't super common. Or it was sketchy. i haven't bought their stuff in well over ten years. Definitely a mystery man
yeah and anytime I go its empty and the store is small, how do they stay afloat selling overpriced goods

Back