News *****Cancelled*****Jake Paul vs Hasim Rahman Jr. Aug.6th Showtime PPV

Did Tommy Fury duck Jake Paul?

• Total voters
The dude supposedly weighed 216 on July 7 and had weeks to lose 11 pounds. Jake already agreed to go up from 200 to 205 no way you can blame Jake or his team for this. Rahman trying to pull some Costa BS.

There are two directions to go in and he's going in the entertainment vein versus legit boxer. That was my point. I'm not worried about it, but he can't act like he's serious about boxing and then float those names, either. It's not like even one of them is a legit opponent for someone his age/weight.

Oh, I believe him. Who doesn't want Beterbiev?
giphy.gif

But he can just be clowning, too. I mean, who asks him that really? Dumb question.
My answer would be "I will cross the street to get away from either of them" and just laugh it off.
Your holding him to the standard of an elite boxer more than to the standard of a professional boxer. Paul is already better than most professional boxers period. However he is not a world-class fighter and never will be. But to act like most boxers are taking on bigger challenges than himself, come on. Most professional boxers are no hopers, they fight local competition and if they are lucky they get to lose to a prospect on the way up. That is the reality for probably 80% of boxers.

Meh. Jake vs Silva is the money fight and now that will happen in Step I bet. Jake should jump on the Mexican holiday in Step and start getting the Mexican fans behind him.
Canelo vs GGG is on Sept 17 iirc, no way he picks the same night.

Meet in the middle? What middle? The middle is the contract. Any negociation is to be done before the contract is signed, not after. That's the whole point of a contract.

Jake already went over the middle by ageeing to 5 more pounds. There's nothing more he "should" have done. The is the equivalent of a service provider saying "you've already paid the contracted price and even agreed to pay extra but unless you pay even more, the contract will be terminated". That's straight up bullshit.
I agree more or less. I mentioned that Rahman had already signed and agreed to the terms earlier.
I blame both of them for the event being cancelled but Rahman has to take more of the blame. He's the one that signed the contract and agreed to the terms. Lame.
However, we see last minute contract renegotiation attempts all the time. For the record Jake didn't just give him an extra 5 pounds out of kindness the NYSAC did. Jake either agreed or they lost the fight. It went from a 200 pound contracted weight limit (cruiserweight bout) to 205 pounds (heavyweight bout). Another 5 pounds would've made it 210 which is in the middle of 205 and 215 (the weight that Rahman insisted he'd come in at). Remember this entire event was canceled it wasn't just Paul vs Rahman. Everybody loses. It's reasonable to offer a middleground given the circumstances contract or not. In fact, the NYSAC bumping the contest up to 205 had already violated their contracted weight limit. Didn't it? That in and of itself was a renegotiation of terms.

Paul picks fights where he’ll have some advantage and this time it backfired. Like being heavier over Woodley and Askren and forcing Rahman to drain down. But if he managed to beat Rahman he would deserve praise despite the advantage.
He should go for guys closer to his weight. He could try Fury in the UK but he won’t even get close to the money as in the US because no one knows him here.

he should do two quick high profile fights in succession against MMA fighters
A pro boxer who is serious but only 6-0
Chavez Jr
10-0 fighter
Anderson Silva
A retired or almost retired semi-professional
Then a retiring professional
A recognizable brand who has his own career in the works shouldn't be mentioned after pandering around this spot for a bit

The MMA fighters, Silva and Chavez are to prod his image up if casuals get bored

It still pains me to put Silva higher than Chavez

Your holding him to the standard of an elite boxer more than to the standard of a professional boxer. Paul is already better than most professional boxers period. However he is not a world-class fighter and never will be. But to act like most boxers are taking on bigger challenges than himself, come on. Most professional boxers are no hopers, they fight local competition and if they are lucky they get to lose to a prospect on the way up. That is the reality for probably 80% of boxers.
better then most pro's, lol OK

But he isn't taking on bigger challenges. He talks about taking on bigger challenges but they all fall through some reason or another.

Tommy fury fell through but he refused to go fight in the UK when he could of. Instead he picked Rahman a heavyweight which again fell through and couldnt make weight, of course his team knew that wouldn happen....he would of earned more coming over here fighting in the UK than fighting Rahman.

If he wants to show he's taking on bigger challenges he has the opportunity to fight anyone who is his weight and an actual decent boxer. Many have come foward even Eddie Hearn offered him a few guys to pick..Still nothing.

All he's doing is talking his game up, he's like that mate you have who just talks shit. "I could of fought Tommy fury, or even Rahman Jr" yes but you didn't and when it comes close there's a reason not to fight, but its their fault.

Thing is he has people like you beliveing he is stepping up but he isn't. None of these have come to fruition, he's just talked about it.

Last edited:
So Jake Paul still won’t fight an actual boxer then. Could’ve fought Tommy fury anywhere in the world other than the states, so fucked it off and called it a duck! Now he can’t weight drain Rahman enough so backs out of that.
Hes only fought undersized guys who aren’t even boxers. He’s a fckin clown who has pulled the wool over the eyes of sad, clueless idiots

Lol

But he isn't taking on bigger challenges. He talks about taking on bigger challenges but they all fall through some reason or another.

Tommy fury fell through but he refused to go fight in the UK when he could of. Instead he picked Rahman a heavyweight which again fell through and couldnt make weight, of course his team knew that wouldn happen....he would of earned more coming over here fighting in the UK than fighting Rahman.

If he wants to show he's taking on bigger challenges he has the opportunity to fight anyone who is his weight and an actual decent boxer. Many have come foward even Eddie Hearn offered him a few guys to pick..Still nothing.

All he's doing is talking his game up, he's like that mate you have who just talks shit. "I could of fought Tommy fury, or even Rahman Jr" yes but you didn't and when it comes close there's a reason not to fight, but its their fault.

Thing is he has people like you beliveing he is stepping up but he isn't. None of these have come to fruition, he's just talked about it.
I dunno how you blame paul for this unless you're an absolute moron or a massive hater

So Jake Paul still won’t fight an actual boxer then. Could’ve fought Tommy fury anywhere in the world other than the states, so fucked it off and called it a duck! Now he can’t weight drain Rahman enough so backs out of that.
Hes only fought undersized guys who aren’t even boxers. He’s a fckin clown who has pulled the wool over the eyes of sad, clueless idiots
The contracted weight for the bout was 200 pounds.

Rahman was like 215 last month. That's not a big cut at all.

Then he decides he wants to fight at 215 pounds a week out from the fight.

That's some Paulo costa shit dude. There's absolutely no way you blame jake for this unless you're a massive hater.

big baby type self sabotage, i guess a mil aint much these days?

Guy agreed to fight paul at a certain weight. Paul agreed to give him 5 more pounds. Guy still can't make weight and wants to add another 10 pounds. When Costa pulled this in the ufc he was the biggest punk around. Since Jake is involved somehow people are still blaming Paul. It was a straight punk move by Rahman. Paul has agreed to fight 2 boxers and both couldn't make it for whatever reason. Im certainly not a huge Paul fan, but he gets a ton of unwarranted hate

Back