Cejudo vs Yan

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
If Cejudo hadn't skipped town the minute contenders started pursuing him, you guys think he could beat Yan? I don't know. Cejudo is supremely skilled, but would he be able to work his game? I don't think his striking measures up, even though Yan does get sloppy and throw haymakers. Also, Cejudo is an apex wrestler, but would he be able to hold Yan down? Or would yan footsweep him and take him to suplex city? I genuinely think Yan is beatable. Scary but not impossible to beat. But I don't think Cejudo was that guy.

There is a giant difference in wrestling ability between Henry and Aljo

Tough to call.

Henry is a hell of a fighter and athlete. Power, speed, cardio, intelligence, and will. Sometimes we forget how good he is because he's been gone.

Of course Yan is good too. His pacing is more relaxed but picks up as the fight goes on. He also has a certain rhythm he likes to operate on.

The thing is, will Henry allow him to fight this way?

Henry Cejudo.

Olympic gold medalist, Fly weight and bantam weight champion.

Yan has a punchers chance but if Cejudo's chin aint cracked he's taking it.

LOLLLL @ skipped town, like he dodged competition. Like he didn't take on the goat flyweight twice, like he didn't take on a more dangerous opponent than anybody at flyweight in Dillashaw, like he didn't move up in weight and not only capture but defend the bw title. lolzzz troll harder bruh. Also, yan is overrated and cejudo dominates for a likely UD. yan only got punchers chance.

Cejudo would beat Yan.

He's faster, better on the feet, hits hard, has amazing cardio and he's a way better wrestler.

interesting responses. perhaps i sold cejudo short and overrated yan. Would love to see it. my issue with yan is the haymakers. they're ugly and...dumb. it's only a matter of time until the shit he threw at ishihara gets him in trouble. my main issue with cejudo in this is simply the physicality of it all. i do firmly believe cejudo is the superior fighter.

I think yan would win. his striking is a step ahead, although cejudo looked improved in every single fight

Last edited:
I'm still not truly convinced of his Bantamweight greatness, Cruz and Moraes are good wins but Yan I think beats both of them 10/10 times. Would be interesting though, I think I'd edge Yan mostly based on activity.

Yan's best skill is his toughness and durability, yet you think he beats Yan? Lmao

He isn't taking Yan down, nor would he be controlling him. If Cejudo thinks about taking it to the clinch? Yan elbows him and bloodies him until he falls, and out at range, the fight is not competitive - Yan destroys him.

Cejudo may be a better wrestler than Sterling, but this is MMA. Sterling has beaten better fighters than Cejudo ever has - Sandhagen.

If you really think Cejudo beats Yan, then you mustn't know who Yan is

Cejudo would beat Yan.

He's faster, better on the feet, hits hard, has amazing cardio and he's a way better wrestler.
Better on the feet lmao, nice joke

Yan would walk him down and chew him up. Cejudo wouldn't last to round four against Yan.

also, when has Cejudo ever reliably used his wrestling to win? He was gifted a decision against Johnson, but Yan is the best anti-wrestler in MMA right now. Yan is a nightmare for Cejudo, my bro

Better on the feet lmao, nice joke

Yan would walk him down and chew him up. Cejudo wouldn't last to round four against Yan.

also, when has Cejudo ever reliably used his wrestling to win? He was gifted a decision against Johnson, but Yan is the best anti-wrestler in MMA right now. Yan is a nightmare for Cejudo, my bro
Have you seen the size of cejudos head? hard to ko a guy with a noggin like that

Have you seen the size of cejudos head? hard to ko a guy with a noggin like that
He would tear his body up and make Cejudo give up, I really don't see why some think that Cejudo would dominate Yan, or even finish him

If Cejudo hadn't skipped town the minute contenders started pursuing him, you guys think he could beat Yan? I don't know. Cejudo is supremely skilled, but would he be able to work his game? I don't think his striking measures up, even though Yan does get sloppy and throw haymakers. Also, Cejudo is an apex wrestler, but would he be able to hold Yan down? Or would yan footsweep him and take him to suplex city? I genuinely think Yan is beatable. Scary but not impossible to beat. But I don't think Cejudo was that guy.

Are you serious.. Yan couldnt take out a gas sterling lol. Henry would've ko sterling in 2. Sterling was also able to take down Yan a couple times.. Henry can definitely take him down if he wanted . CCC by decision or tko.

Henry Cejudo.

Olympic gold medalist, Fly weight and bantam weight champion.

Yan has a punchers chance but if Cejudo's chin aint cracked he's taking it.

Medalist... You mean champion. Don't ever disrespect him like that lol.

Yan's best skill is his toughness and durability, yet you think he beats Yan? Lmao

He isn't taking Yan down, nor would he be controlling him. If Cejudo thinks about taking it to the clinch? Yan elbows him and bloodies him until he falls, and out at range, the fight is not competitive - Yan destroys him.

Cejudo may be a better wrestler than Sterling, but this is MMA. Sterling has beaten better fighters than Cejudo ever has - Sandhagen.

If you really think Cejudo beats Yan, then you mustn't know who Yan is

You're delusional lol.

Are you serious.. Yan couldnt take out a gas sterling lol. Henry would've ko sterling in 2. Sterling was also able to take down Yan a couple times.. Henry can definitely take him down if he wanted . CCC by decision or tko.
Yo where tf were you when i was pleading sterling's case? i was out there looking stupid pointing out how he failed to knock sterling out and was also gassing out. glad you pointed it out.

Yo where tf were you when i was pleading sterling's case? i was out there looking stupid pointing out how he failed to knock sterling out and was also gassing out. glad you pointed it out.

That's my point Yan was struggling to take out someone like sterling... CcC sleeps sterling. You implying Henry skipped town is laughable at best. I mean he was only a Olympic champion in harder sport to win then mma .

Back