International 'Cerberus' Heatwave Threatens to Break Records in Southern Europe

Gets even better when you look into it.

John Coleman was a journalist by degree and later a weatherman, and was 'awarded' membership in the AMS.

Methinks the guy might not be what he claims re: 'a scientist'.

Also, how old is that video, and why is it still making the rounds? His views are vitally important because he 'said so'?

According to people who track climate change seem to believe this may not be completely the result of climate change. Could be additional events such as ElNio could be a result of climate change. That being said ElNio used to hit once every 7 years we have had 3 in the last 7 years. Ether way heating of southern water is happening faster then previous worst cases researchers thought.

- He caused destruction here in the south of Brazil.

https://www.dw.com/pt-br/ciclone-mata-três-no-rs-e-em-sp-e-deixa-milhares-sem-energia/a-66230792

Lol that dork has a background in journalism, not science. Claiming you're a scientist doesn't make you one. He hasn't published any sort of research, because, gasp, he's a moron and not a scientist.

Ohh and, big surprise surprise, he received tons of money from the fossil fuels industry to make the rounds spewing this nonsense.

Gets even better when you look into it.

John Coleman was a journalist by degree and later a weatherman, and was 'awarded' membership in the AMS.

Methinks the guy might not be what he claims re: 'a scientist'.

Also, how old is that video, and why is it still making the rounds? His views are vitally important because he 'said so'?
Ya not sure it’s trending lol thought I would add it to the thread . I’ll have to check out his past but I’ll take your word for it

This summer has been very mild in the UK but last year was horrendous. Winters have also largely disappeared, I can't remember the last time I needed to wear a jumper.

Environmentalists are irritating though so it's hard to see a way forward.

lol...... well, I can tell you the typical "way forward" for many. It's either deny that there's an issue in the first place, OR whatabout China/India. ie) Why should I do anything when there are worse offenders than I?

The way forward, is definitely not to maintain the status quo because "environmentalists" are annoying.
You know the phrase, "If you know, you know?" Well, those annoying environmentalists know that we are the architects of our own demise, and to be honest we all have different tolerances for uncertainty, and it's true that some environmentalists go to full on panic mode, and some of them are downright irrational in their bizarre forms of protest.
It doesn't mean that they aren't right, though.

Ya not sure it’s trending lol thought I would add it to the thread . I’ll have to check out his past but I’ll take your word for it

Got to love the socials haha - they've done that to me in the past, somewhere out there has some serious archives lol

lol...... well, I can tell you the typical "way forward" for many. It's either deny that there's an issue in the first place, OR whatabout China/India. ie) Why should I do anything when there are worse offenders than I?

The way forward, is definitely not to maintain the status quo because "environmentalists" are annoying.
You know the phrase, "If you know, you know?" Well, those annoying environmentalists know that we are the architects of our own demise, and to be honest we all have different tolerances for uncertainty, and it's true that some environmentalists go to full on panic mode, and some of them are downright irrational in their bizarre forms of protest.
It doesn't mean that they aren't right, though.
Well, yes, I was being facetious. I agree, they're right far more often than they are wrong.

It's just hard to know what to do. If we start to take technology backwards then our lives will get worse but we'll save the planet. If we push forward then we might just develop the technology needed to retain our standard of living AND save the environment but we might just fuck everything up and all end up dead.

by southern Europe they mean the places that are normally sunny? And for the rest of Europe they mean, slightly warmer beach day.
No they mean over 40° Celsius combined with prolonged drought , this includes Poland and Germany btw
Well, yes, I was being facetious. I agree, they're right far more often than they are wrong.

It's just hard to know what to do. If we start to take technology backwards then our lives will get worse but we'll save the planet. If we push forward then we might just develop the technology needed to retain our standard of living AND save the environment but we might just fuck everything up and all end up dead.
We don't need to take technology backwards , solar energy Is dirt cheap and it's decentralized, wind isn't far behind

Imagine what could be done with abundant dirt cheap electricity

For obvious reasons big oil and those on their payroll don't want this and are using the cigarette model of misinformation to slow down the inevitable switch .

Ah. That latest leftie voodoo spell for heat worked wonders

According to people who track climate change seem to believe this may not be completely the result of climate change. Could be additional events such as ElNio could be a result of climate change. That being said ElNio used to hit once every 7 years we have had 3 in the last 7 years. Ether way heating of southern water is happening faster then previous worst cases researchers thought.

Florida's water was 36c in some places this week. I cant imagine getting into the ocean and its like a f*ckin hot tub, and I grew up in Florida. That's nuts.

Have the always named heatwaves?

Florida's water was 36c in some places this week. I cant imagine getting into the ocean and its like a f*ckin hot tub, and I grew up in Florida. That's nuts.
Mind boggling

Crazy storm put a million people without power here in Quebec the other day. Tornados and everything, this is a real picture.

0714-city-storm-.jpg

No they mean over 40° Celsius combined with prolonged drought , this includes Poland and Germany btw

We don't need to take technology backwards , solar energy Is dirt cheap and it's decentralized, wind isn't far behind

Imagine what could be done with abundant dirt cheap electricity

For obvious reasons big oil and those on their payroll don't want this and are using the cigarette model of misinformation to slow down the inevitable switch .
I think nuclear is the way forward as solar is too unreliable in a lot of countries. Unfortunately, most of the environmental movement has campaigned against nuclear energy for many years.

Crazy storm put a million people without power here in Quebec the other day. Tornados and everything, this is a real picture.

0714-city-storm-.jpg
this is the thing that will be most visible with the global warming phenomenon. not the actual warming, which will appear tolerable for decades to come, but these sudden, very powerful and shortlived weather phenomena, sudden storm over a city that lasts 30 minutes but wrecks a lot of stuff. this will become the norm in the decades to come, with an ever-increasing power, which means you could have storms that last 8 hours but level half the city and cause massive infrastructure damages.
the entire global warming phenomenon is about incremental shifts in the coalescence of LOCALIZED powerful weather phenomena which have a good chance of becoming linked and then you'd really feel the heat, pardon the pun. massive winds, huge storm fronts, massive snowfall coupled with unexpected heatwaves. all these things in turn challenge the natural cycles of man, from industry, agriculture, large production and distribution chains.
the apocalypse to come isn't like in the movies - it's a neverending chain of incremental events which make life shittier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back