Chandler will wrestle early this time...

This fight is very winnable for both fighters. I won't be surprised at all if Conor wins.

Reading this thread kinda shows that people don't watch fights and just follow what is said on the internet. Chandler wants to put on a show, but more than often he wrestles and attempts to grapple. His last 3 fights with Poirier, Ferguson and Gaethje he went heavier on the grappling game plan.

He will do the same vs Conor.

He is gonna gas out if he can't finish Conor after the first TD.

2013-2016 conor absolutely destroys any version of Chandler. Post floyd conor has never been the same guy. I guess it could go either way.

Conor has poor cardio, arguably a declining chin, is completely one-dimensional, questionable motivation at this point, and has 1 win in 7 years over a guy who retired on a 6 fight losing streak... I know the "aura" of Conor still exists so people have a hard time ruling him out but come on... the guy's time as an actual top fighter has long since passed. He had a very skewed/hand picked list of opponents to even get to the title in the first place ffs (Dennis Siver in a title eliminator? Really? lol)

Hearing posts like "Chandler plays right into McGregor's strengths" sound extremely delusional... that Aldo fight was 8 years ago if you happen to be in time denial. I think Chandler is wildly overrated and think 155 has not been nearly as stacked as people will have you believe in recent years but he is still an active fighter who will make easy work of Conor here.

Chandler fights smart for a round and then stops an exhausted Conor by the end of the 3rd. Finish prop = easy money because Conor doesn't have the cardio to go 5 rounds anymore

LOL @ anyone making predictions on and getting excited about a fight that's not even an inked deal yet.

Oh, and McGregor hasn't even entered the USADA testing pool yet. Needs to piss clean for 6 six months before any of this is even feasible.

So, in other similarly realistic news, Putin and Biden have squashed their beef and plan to go to Disneyland holding hands, and Putin will rebuild Ukraine with his own money.

My prediction is that although Chandler could probably win if he chooses to wrestle-box, he'll choose to stand toe-to-toe with Conor, get clipped, then choose to wrestle and get finished while trying to wrestle or possibly get a takedown in which case I think he ends up in a close decision. I feel that taking Conor down is something that can't be done very easily without decent striking.

Chandler = bigger, better Mendes + full camp
Only two of those things are true. Chandler is not better than Mendes who was a better wrestler and a more disciplined striker. Also Conor will finish Chandler in round one or two.

More likely that he’ll be baited into a slugfest against Conor for the crowd.

Conor’s probably going to rely on straight shots down the middle to counter Chandler when he starts seeing red and throwing hooks.

The blueprint haz been made by Khabib. Chandler haz teh background to do that exact thing. I'm not sure where the question is.

However, Conor knows that's his plan, & lets see what endless money for his sparring partners can award him regarding TD defense & bottom escape if he does get taken down.

That's where this fight will be won or lost.

Its probably going to end up like the Aldo and Alvarez fights. Conor starches him.

Conor has good grappling defense, more than his haters like to give him credit for. And chandler is a low IQ fighter who will want to please the crowd.

Had, he had good defense because he had a wide stance and moved around a fair bit, power doubles always got him down though if he didn't move out in time or the opponent wasn't rocked.

We'll see what the fuck he looks like now if the fight even takes place, which I am not so sure about. Maybe it does, but yeah.

The blueprint haz been made by Khabib. Chandler haz teh background to do that exact thing. I'm not sure where the question is.

However, Conor knows that's his plan, & lets see what endless money for his sparring partners can award him regarding TD defense & bottom escape if he does get taken down.

That's where this fight will be won or lost.
Whilst your opinion is groovy and all, don't you think there is a chance that Chandler is too proud to follow that plan and get's baited into a standup fight?

Whilst your opinion is groovy and all, don't you think there is a chance that Chandler is too proud to follow that plan and get's baited into a standup fight?

<Lmaoo><45><45><Lmaoo>

FFS does Chandy at some point learn?

We could get into teh idea that someone at teh Haj family picnic haz been greasing him behind teh scenez.

On the real... if Chandy triez to stand & bang, then I'm 100% that strategy'z been bought n paid for.

Dana isn't paying him to wrestle. I'm sure he knows that Dana demands the fight ends on the feet, with either fighter getting a KO because that's what people are expecting. Chandler is being setup to lose.

However, if he's smart and wants to win in a standup battle, then he'd use his wrestling first to wear on Conor's gas tank, and tire out his arms. Do that for the first round without finishing the fight.

2nd round, Chandler now has a 50/50 chance of winning a standup battle instead of a 10% chance he'd have in the first round. Chandler can get the KO win in the second half of the 2nd round and everyone will be pleased.

This fight will never happen. McGregor's leg is too weak. He played Chandler for the cameras. It will be boxing.

If they fight, mcgregor might be too bulked up by roids for chandler to beat him.

if chandler draws it past the first time tho, he most likely takes it. Conor has no business with top fighters in the ufc anymore and chandler still has something to offer the sport

I feel this fight will be a replay of Conor vs Mendes fight. Chandler might get a few takedown buy ultimately Conor will get up and pick him apart till the KO

How far gone is Conor? He seems to be drinking in every interview of video I’ve seen him in recently.

But I think he will still try to please the crowd by suplexing him or just manhandling Conor early. He's going to waste a lot of energy and this might be his downfall again.

Let's hear your detailed predictions.
my prediction (IF this fight actually happens) is that it'll be at whatever weight Conor wants it to be at (170 to 185lbs) and I predict that Chandler will be TOLD be the UFC that he is not to wrestle at all for the 1st round, and maybe the 2nd round too. some fuckery like that.
It's obvious that if Chandler gets McG down then he can hold him there and rain G'n'P on him and win the round i'd imagine easily.

I am quite sure that UFC have given Chandler this fight based on their instruction to him that it is to be a stand-up fight as much as possible.

Maybe i'm completely wrong, but I'm fairly sure it more or less goes that way.
And I bet that Herb F'ing Dean is the ref, as he always is for main event fights where the UFC have a strong interest in helping one fighter win (if possible).

Back