Crime Chauvin/Floyd Trial: Guilty 2nd degree unintentional murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I got it confused with the amount of different definitions in the state. I thought the "third degree murder" charge already pretty much covered that ground.

They're almost the same thing.

i like you, ur nice!
tenor.gif

It's basically manslaughter but with an increased degree of carelessness about potentially fatal consequences, on the part of the perpetrator.

Seems to be handed out for selling drugs and causing ODs for the most part.

Here is a link to the specific instructions that judge gave to the jury of your are interested. Skip to count 1.

LOL. Wait, people here have a problem with the verdict? Not only was it correct but the streets are safe tonight. Now is the time for healing.

or "“while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim, when the perpetrator is restrained under an order for protection.”
I think just for that state? It differs from state to state

so I would view second and third degree murder as intentional killing someone

I was afraid like with Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman they had over charged him, I thought for sure those two would have been guilty and then they were found not guilty.

over charging not a thing in Minnesota. Jury can always find the lesser sentences still applicable even if the strongest charge they aquit on

It's interesting on this certain event how much emotion and attention is involved .. There are people out there that got way more wronged or less wronged and hardly a peep. Just interesting is all... people are sad or celebrating like their team lost a super bowl or won the SB.....

Right wingers if Chauvins found not guilty: it is the right verdict, the jury is virtuous and just.
Right wingers when he is found guilty: the jury is afraid of BLM, woke culture, cultural MaRxIsMmm, VenEzUalaaaa, HUgo ChAvEz, STOP THE STEAL!!!!! WWG1WGA
Has a point.

Yeah a human who murdered another human. I can't believe you have the audacity to call me a piece of shit while you defend a murderer.
Not defending him dumb shit. You're the one that got emotional. He deserves prison but not guilty on all 3 charges. I'm only giving you back what you put out which is dumb shit.

Why is the news talking about changing police procedure if everyone has been saying Chauvin didnt follow procedure? So Derrick did follow procedure? lol i'm so confused.
If you watched the trial you'd realize there's a ton of grey area in terms of the legalities of choke holds. Many types are allowed that absolutely should not be, if the end goal is restraint without fear of accidental death.

Murder in the 2nd degree is intentional murder without premeditation.

Basically the jury thought that Chauvin killed Floyd with intent.
Thank you for this, and manslaughter would be without premeditation nor intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back