News Chris Weidman is back against Brad Tavares at UFC 292

Genuine lol @ people saying this fight will determine if Weidman can still be competitive as if he hasn't been on a downward spiral for years. The guy who nearly murdered him for the belt 8 YEARS AGO has already been a laughing stock for years but oh no, it's the leg injury that set him back :rolleyes:

I don't understand why.

He had his time, and could enjoy being a champ for two years. Then everyone was able to finish him, just like that (except for Gastelum).
Then at 36 he breaks his leg, but now he's gonna return at age 39 because...?

Some can’t let it go, it is a tough habit to break when you love to fight. Your mind says yes but your body says no. I was the same way in the mean streets of Minneapolis when I was street fighting in world of Warcraft. I had a lvl 80 wizard who won at the highest lvl. After getting arthritis in my hands I could no longer fight like I use to on my computer. Had to hang up my wizard staff.

Warriors are like that, my friend. The call of battle is something we all seek. I still reminisce about my championship wizardry now and again.

Genuine lol @ people saying this fight will determine if Weidman can still be competitive as if he hasn't been on a downward spiral for years. The guy who nearly murdered him for the belt 8 YEARS AGO has already been a laughing stock for years but oh no, it's the leg injury that set him back :rolleyes:

Literally no one said the leg injury where he broke his leg set him back clown shoes. Other injuries obviously did though.

As others have said pretty good comeback fight for our boy as Taveres doesn’t have much power and has gotten his chin cracked recently as well. He has good TDD but I’m not sure this version of Weidman can exploit it. A prime Weidman would obviously maul him.
Prime Weidman would outstrike him. This version od Weidman idk..Tavares should be able to stuff takedowns, but striking wise idk.

Lol he got out wrestled by Jan. And Chris is worlds better in both wrestling and jiu jitsu.
also 20kg lighter and much worst at striking (and not so sure about the BJJ part)

Welcome back teh Chris

AntiqueCreepyAtlanticblackgoby-size_restricted.gif

Holy fuck shit YES ... this should be good! Welcome back Chris best of luck

Let’s go Chris, still my boy. One more Weidman chads

Lol he got out wrestled by Jan. And Chris is worlds better in both wrestling and jiu jitsu.
I wouldn't bother taking rhe kid too seriously. He's been watching mma for 10 minutes.

<{jackyeah}>

One more sacrifice to the JBG and I might forgive him for the Anderson fights :)

I was expecting him to fight golden boy shahbayzan

Always rooting for my boy but I am not even a little confident in him winning fights at this point.

Too bad because i feel like Chris at his peak could have beat Izzy

I think Rockhold, Weidman and Mousasi in their primes would all give izzy a serious fight (better than whittaker/costa/vettori)

I will be rooting for Chris but to be honest he should have gotten a fight like this when he lost to Yoel.

Fought too many killers and his body is too damaged.

Last edited:
People who perform and won in Weidman’s case at the highest levels have a different mindset than us regular folks. They’re addicted to the competition and winning. Look at Tiger Woods, the man is worth over a billion dollars and can barely walk but there he is still out there hobbling around trying to win golf tournaments.
He just loves golf, like weidman loves competition.

I will be rooting for Chris but to be honest he should have gotten a fight like this when he lost to Yoel.

Fought to many killers and his body is too damaged.
he got a similar fight he got omari akmedov remember?

Anyways after he won that fight he broke his leg against hall, which imo is a sure win for chris

Some can’t let it go, it is a tough habit to break when you love to fight. Your mind says yes but your body says no. I was the same way in the mean streets of Minneapolis when I was street fighting in world of Warcraft. I had a lvl 80 wizard who won at the highest lvl. After getting arthritis in my hands I could no longer fight like I use to on my computer. Had to hang up my wizard staff.

Warriors are like that, my friend. The call of battle is something we all seek. I still reminisce about my championship wizardry now and again.

I remember fighting Jens Pulver in the WoW 19 Battlegrounds. He had "BiggRigg" and "CroCop" if I remember correctly

Back