Media Ciryl Gane already thinking about retirement

I feel like you hear this a lot from fighters who are doing well in their prime, but really they end up fighting later whether is money mismanagement or because they are trying to get back to former glory. The only two I can really think of that has quit are khabib and jones

I think it's pretty reasonable assessment, and how can you fault the guy for dreaming?

The HWs that have the longest careers tend to be the ones that start late, hit the big show late, and don't rely much on standing and banging. It hasn't been the greatest of shows seeing Dos Santos, Overeem, Velasquez, Filipovic or Emelianenko contend beyond their primes. I think with the pay scale improving at the top of food chain, this is a smart gameplan.

I feel like you hear this a lot from fighters who are doing well in their prime, but really they end up fighting later whether is money mismanagement or because they are trying to get back to former glory. The only two I can really think of that has quit are khabib and jones
GSP, sort of.

Males me look at him a different way now, I don't support that half in half out bs, where are the randy couture, the hendos and the Fedors of this gen of new breed fighters ?

Risk management neurosis have become a retarding force in human dynamics recently.

Makes sense, his style needs his athletism and he's a big guy.
That'll go away the older he becomes. Better to leave on top than to leave getting KO'd 4 times in a row.
Agreed more fighters should look at adopting the mind set. Not here for a long time, here for a good time. Try and get as much career in, in as short a time as possible and get out with your health in tact.

Pl
Gane defending his belt for 4 years and finishing 22-0 or so would be fine with me.

Would be the GOAT but Fedor super fans would still say he isnt because he didnt go 32 and 0

Never mind how much more elite his competition is and never losing. Fedor started to lose once he entered his 30s

licensed-image

"entrer, devenir riche, sortir" - jacky

Last edited:
Makes sense, his style needs his athletism and he's a big guy.
That'll go away the older he becomes. Better to leave on top than to leave getting KO'd 4 times in a row.
I agree. For every GSP or (better example) Chris Lytle that retires on their own terms, you have hundreds of Diegos and BJs chasing the glory and getting damaged beyond repair in the process.

It's all about money. For every fighter. Nothing wrong with that

Lmao Dana's probably blowing a gasket right now.

So 3 years from now? If everything goes right for him he might be able to come out with a few million. That's assuming he doesn't lose his fight with Francis or go on a bad losing steak which isn't unheard of at HW

He either needs to win the HW strap in 2 weeks and defend on some massive Conor cards or move to boxing if he’s wanting to retire from fighting by 35.
I'm sure he can make.money through other means that aren't fighting

Would you stick around and possibly risk it for $100k or 2 million.

Okay first of all if you are good you will make $2 million

If you suck are a nobody you maybe make 100k a fight

Dana has addressed fighter pay correctly. I am looking at this from an analytical point of view from business economics.

If someone wants fighter pay higher than start their own organization

I guess he should try his had at boxing before retiring as that will probably get him the most money.

Back