Clean & jerk

Not a weightlifting expert by any means, but I would consider working on getting a better rack position (elbows high) and keep a more vertical torso through the first pull.
Agree on start position and first pull. This can definitely vary by lifter (length of arms, torso, legs, etc...) but the advice I gave above should help pull the butt down a bit and align with your more upright torso advice as well. Key then is keep back angle same through the pull while still staying "over the bar" with the shoulders. If you watch enough videos you will see high level lifters break from this and still be super effective...there are always outliers to the rules ;)

Agree on start position and first pull. This can definitely vary by lifter (length of arms, torso, legs, etc...) but the advice I gave above should help pull the butt down a bit and align with your more upright torso advice as well. Key then is keep back angle same through the pull while still staying "over the bar" with the shoulders. If you watch enough videos you will see high level lifters break from this and still be super effective...there are always outliers to the rules ;)

My favorite variation of the rules I like to point out is Klokov. Watch that dude set this feet and how they aren't even or lined up the same, but he's a monster so nobody is going to correct that.

My favorite variation of the rules I like to point out is Klokov. Watch that dude set this feet and how they aren't even or lined up the same, but he's a monster so nobody is going to correct that.

It's been a while since I've followed Klokov, but I believe it is an issue he has with one his legs. I can't remember if one is longer than the other or it was some type of injury.

It's been a while since I've followed Klokov, but I believe it is an issue he has with one his legs. I can't remember if one is longer than the other or it was some type of injury.

Pretty sure it's both. I believe he had some type of surgery from a soccer injury that resulted in one leg being different than the other. It's pretty freaky once you notice. It's really all I can pay attention to now when I watch him lift.

Much better on the pull from the floor and not pulling early with arms.

Another tip - when you set up on the bar, create tension. Take the slack out of the bar...which means you engage your lats and think about pinching shoulder blades together. This should also turn on your low back muscles. Once you feel this tension and begin the lift, all you should be doing is driving your feet through the floor with base of foot (mid to heel, no toes).

Overall, this looks a lot better than a couple weeks ago. Nice work
Hello friend, i think this time improved see video if you have time:

Thanks, i think i should add more weigths to see bigger flaws
Yeah everything is easy till the weights get heavier. Then you rely on instinct and old habits might pop up.

Yeah everything is easy till the weights get heavier. Then you rely on instinct and old habits might pop up.
How many times a week do you recommend training for these lifts?

Thanks, i think i should add more weigths to see bigger flaws

Agree! Best one for sure. Nice work picking up on the cues. 2 things (since there is always more to figure out on these lifts!)

1) Some people prefer a dynamic start from floor. Your sequence is fine but consider pausing a little before your start that pull. Create tension before you begin the pull. The weight is light so you can pull it easy. When it gets heavy, if you don't create the tension to remain upright on the pull, it will pull you forward and lift will not go the way you want it to go.

2) Slow it down and watch the catch at front rack. You've pulled well and dropped under but the bar crashes on you. Again, light means no problem. When heavy, that crash will push you forward or break you at midline and you'll dump it forward. Try to focus on meeting the bar right when it begins to descend. Yes, you may catch it a bit higher but you'll be ready for it and avoid this "crashing" habit. You don't want to slow the "pulling under" of the elbows but you want to control the bar into your front rack a bit. Hope that makes sense.

Add some load...see how you feel. Also, let us know what weight is on the bar. You seem to be a quick study...nicely done.

You also asked how much should you train. If you are serious about continuing these lifts, I would suggest finding a coach. There are plenty of training plans you can also pay for online with online coaching. Invictus (with Jared Enderton) is a good one and so is Catalyst Athletics but there are many. My local coach writes my programming...as a Masters lifter, it has to be tailored to me for volume, my weaknesses and my goals. Most online offer a trial period.

Some of the top level people have unorthodox methods for sure but it works for them and they have reach elite levels. It's really fun to watch the slow motion vids posted of these monster lifts. 2x BW clean and jerks. Can't even imagine that. I was happy to do a 2x BW back squat!! LOL

Agree! Best one for sure. Nice work picking up on the cues. 2 things (since there is always more to figure out on these lifts!)

1) Some people prefer a dynamic start from floor. Your sequence is fine but consider pausing a little before your start that pull. Create tension before you begin the pull. The weight is light so you can pull it easy. When it gets heavy, if you don't create the tension to remain upright on the pull, it will pull you forward and lift will not go the way you want it to go.

2) Slow it down and watch the catch at front rack. You've pulled well and dropped under but the bar crashes on you. Again, light means no problem. When heavy, that crash will push you forward or break you at midline and you'll dump it forward. Try to focus on meeting the bar right when it begins to descend. Yes, you may catch it a bit higher but you'll be ready for it and avoid this "crashing" habit. You don't want to slow the "pulling under" of the elbows but you want to control the bar into your front rack a bit. Hope that makes sense.

Add some load...see how you feel. Also, let us know what weight is on the bar. You seem to be a quick study...nicely done.
These are tips i can really understand and work with. Thanks a bunch, wish i knew people like you and deadshot in real life. I will make an update next week orso.
Thanks!

Some of the top level people have unorthodox methods for sure but it works for them and they have reach elite levels. It's really fun to watch the slow motion vids posted of these monster lifts. 2x BW clean and jerks. Can't even imagine that. I was happy to do a 2x BW back squat!! LOL

Yeah once you get to that level, their coaches aren't trying to change their technique. Any legitimate coach will know that all bodies are different bio-mechanically, so everyone is going to be slightly different in their optimum form. It's great to coach ideal technique to beginners, but as they get more advanced they will inevitably make adjustments that work best for their specific leverages and joints. Lü Xiaojun, for example, does really well with the squat jerk. All in all though, it's really a shitty way to jerk for 90% of weightlifters, but it works for him.

And yes, getting to a 2x back squat was one of the highlights of my lifting career. The most memorable lifts I've ever made were probably hitting 225lbs on flat bench for the first time. Hitting 315 lbs years later was less exciting. My first time clean and jerking 225lbs was a big one for me too. That and probably the first time I did 20 pullups and ran a sub 18 minute 5k.

Yeah once you get to that level, their coaches aren't trying to change their technique. Any legitimate coach will know that all bodies are different bio-mechanically, so everyone is going to be slightly different in their optimum form. It's great to coach ideal technique to beginners, but as they get more advanced they will inevitably make adjustments that work best for their specific leverages and joints. Lü Xiaojun, for example, does really well with the squat jerk. All in all though, it's really a shitty way to jerk for 90% of weightlifters, but it works for him.

And yes, getting to a 2x back squat was one of the highlights of my lifting career. The most memorable lifts I've ever made were probably hitting 225lbs on flat bench for the first time. Hitting 315 lbs years later was less exciting. My first time clean and jerking 225lbs was a big one for me too. That and probably the first time I did 20 pullups and ran a sub 18 minute 5k.

Yeah, for sure...it's fun to watch the best of the best and see the subtleties but you have to stay focused on the fundamentals (us mere mortals) I just got back from a 12 day business trip. Could not lift at all...today sucked. LOL. I have Masters Nationals on April 17. Shit needs to get back in order. It was not all bad, just not comfortable and timing felt off.

As a 77-80kg lifter, my highlights were a 200kg Dead, 160kg back back squat, triple 127kg front squat. Have snatched 80kg (but not well) and I also hit a 113kg clean. I'm a ways off that now, but I also need to put it overhead so if I can over 105kg clean and jerk on the platform I'll be happy. 80kg snatch is the goal.

I'd say actively engage your triceps until the second pull to remedy this. Also work on triple extension, hip knee and ankle. You want your hips and knees to extend with such force that youre looking at the ceiling or close to it at maximum extension. You want your hips to open and legs straighten violently and completely at the top of the last pull. And don't underestimate the importance of good ankle extension. Remember the clean is a jump, you wouldn't jump flat footed or with very weak ankle extension right?

^^all that is awesome and really helpful

Holy shit just did 2 times clean with 90kg. Great tips! Sorry for no video but i will make asap

Yeah, for sure...it's fun to watch the best of the best and see the subtleties but you have to stay focused on the fundamentals (us mere mortals) I just got back from a 12 day business trip. Could not lift at all...today sucked. LOL. I have Masters Nationals on April 17. Shit needs to get back in order. It was not all bad, just not comfortable and timing felt off.

As a 77-80kg lifter, my highlights were a 200kg Dead, 160kg back back squat, triple 127kg front squat. Have snatched 80kg (but not well) and I also hit a 113kg clean. I'm a ways off that now, but I also need to put it overhead so if I can over 105kg clean and jerk on the platform I'll be happy. 80kg snatch is the goal.
I have done 100kg clean easily today but my wrist and fingers are killing me. Does mobility work with fingers and wrist or do i just need to go on untill it is flexible?

I have done 100kg clean easily today but my wrist and fingers are killing me. Does mobility work with fingers and wrist or do i just need to go on untill it is flexible?
Hard to say...usually stress on wrists or fingers would mean your front rack mobility (lats/triceps) is bit limited forcing your wrists to take too much of the burden.

Last night. 100kg clean, squat, jerk. Happy with this...as I had already done pretty heavy snatch complex and night before had done clean complex (floor/hang) to 98kg plus pulls and front squats.

Hoping to open at 100kg at next meet in 5 weeks.

Back