Television COBRA KAI (New Season 4 Promo; Returns Dec. 31, 2021)

can someone explain to me why this show is good? I saw like 4 episodes then forgot abiut it because it seemed like some sort of abc family channel tv show.
Have you seen the original Karate Kid movies? Are you invested in them at all? Do you like 80's music?

Does anyone agree with me that the group fights should be scaled back? I thought a couple of the most important fights of the whole season were diminished by being a part of a larger group fight. I also wish the athletic black chick had stuck around.

Does anyone agree with me that the group fights should be scaled back? I thought a couple of the most important fights of the whole season were diminished by being a part of a larger group fight. I also wish the athletic black chick had stuck around.

I’m in the same boat about the group fights. Not to mention if you watch some of the kids in the back ground they’re just kind of flailing around.

Also bummed about the main guy being deported. Hawk leading the team should be good though.

You are going to have to help me out here? No idea, (apart from the 2009 join date as this is correct), what you are trying to say.
Paint is still wet.... means too young.... might want to wait until she's older....

I’m in the same boat about the group fights. Not to mention if you watch some of the kids in the back ground they’re just kind of flailing around.

Also bummed about the main guy being deported. Hawk leading the team should be good though.
Fuck man, spoilers! It just dropped today lol.

The final fight from the last season was dumb imo (the one in the school)

Interesting how they're bringing everyone back from the original series

Daniel-san secret karate technique: plot armor

The teenage stuff is horrible.

The middle age stuff with Daniel and Johnny and Chozen is very good.

The young Kreese stuff is amazing.

5 episodes in lol and I was thinking the same- such a disparity between what's going on with Johnny/Miguel storyline/ Daniel/Chozen /Kumiko and the Cobra Kai vs. Miyagi Do teen angst warring factions junk. The shame of it is that I don't see how it could resolve that and be anything other than a tale of two shows at this point. The really hokey stuff with the young actors and the better quality stuff with Zabka and Macchio and the others.

Young Kreese stuff is very intriguing so far.

Still, the things that are good are very good so I'm on board.

5 episodes in lol and I was thinking the same- such a disparity between what's going on with Johnny/Miguel storyline/ Daniel/Chozen /Kumiko and the Cobra Kai vs. Miyagi Do teen angst warring factions junk. The shame of it is that I don't see how it could resolve that and be anything other than a tale of two shows at this point. The really hokey stuff with the young actors and the better quality stuff with Zabka and Macchio and the others.

Young Kreese stuff is very intriguing so far.

Still, the things that are good are very good so I'm on board.
I think some of the young actors do a really good job, but the way they are all squeezed in together and forced to fight for screen time hurts things. And some of the moments between them seem a little too forced sometimes, versus the first season where things tended to feel pretty organic.

I thoroughly agree. That said, I did love the last fight of season three. It was done perfectly.

Also, I've got a thing for Sam. She's low key got a donk.

I really enjoyed this season, although I really don't understand why Dmitri is suddenly a "cool" main character, and is instantly best boys with Miguel? They barely knew each other before Miguel joined Cobra Kai, had very little interaction since, and yet his first day back to school he treated Dmitri the same as his "ride or die" Hawk?

Also, I thought Kreese was amazing this season. The combination of learning his back story, and then any time he was onscreen I paid extra attention because he is always a "snake in the grass". Truly Martin Kove put on a phenomenal performance.

I really enjoyed this season, although I really don't understand why Dmitri is suddenly a "cool" main character, and is instantly best boys with Miguel? They barely knew each other before Miguel joined Cobra Kai, had very little interaction since, and yet his first day back to school he treated Dmitri the same as his "ride or die" Hawk?

Just more of how they cram things that would take months for the teenagers into half an episode, while everything for the adults marinates nicely. It's like they delegated the writing for the high schoolers to interns or something and decided to focus their talents on the adult characters.

Also, I thought Kreese was amazing this season. The combination of learning his back story, and then any time he was onscreen I paid extra attention because he is always a "snake in the grass". Truly Martin Kove put on a phenomenal performance.

Martin Kove has been in the game a long time and he's still getting better.

Great third season with a ton of healthy fan service.
I actually had forgot how gorgeous was a young Tamlyn Tomida.29A6F476-5759-47A6-8780-612E7259841C.jpeg
The kids acting still atrocious though but in a good way.
Good ending and i hope to see Kreese pal back in action with a full ponytail in the probably last season.

Last edited:
Sam could lose a few pounds tbh, cute as hell though.

Back