Media Colby Covington finally discloses his most anticipated "X-Ray" images

Nah. I remember when Rampage got a title shot following a controversial split decision over Machida and a tepid non-inspiring unanimous decision over Hamill.

I remember when Frankie Edgar got a Featherweight title shot following two straight losses at Lightweight.

I remember Kenny Florian getting a title shot while on a single fight win streak against Diego Nunes.

Are you trying to argue those title shots were as undeserving as Colby's? Because those are awful examples. Rampage was the number one contender. Edgar was the former champion coming off a split decision loss to the champion a weight class up. Nunes was a top contender when Florian beat him.

Colby hadn't fought in 2 years, coming of a single win over an 0-2 retired Masvidal. There were multiple more deserving contenders.

It certainly explains why he wasn’t pressuring like he usually does.

Are you trying to argue those title shots were as undeserving as Colby's? Because those are awful examples. Rampage was the number one contender. Edgar was the former champion coming off a split decision loss to the champion a weight class up. Nunes was a top contender when Florian beat him.

Colby hadn't fought in 2 years, coming of a single win over an 0-2 retired Masvidal. There were multiple more deserving contenders.

Nunes was a top contender? He lost to LC Davis a year and a half before the Florian fight. His three fight win streak consisted of two split decisions. The fight was simply made to get Florian a win so the title shot would look less dubious. Much like when Urijah Faber fought Eddie Wineland.

Yes, you remember single examples of non-meritorious matchmaking when that wasn't the norm. Now it's the norm. Use your fucking brain.

I posted numerous examples throughout history across combat sports. Now you do the same and please use your brain.

this settles it. colby deserves the next 3 title shots.

seriously tho, if he puts a good streak together, i wouldnt mind seeing him give it another go, especially seeing how hurt and upset the people itt would be.

I didn't read this thread. Nobody reads entire threads.

The OP has an image on it. I didn't click the video.

Because of the image.

When smart people see that image, they think, "what a douchebag."

And they leave.

It's okay to say these things. They are true. It's okay to propagate truth.

He looks and acts like a douchebag.

The Lawler thing was impressive, and not easy, but that's it. The rest is just noise.

Friggin douche.

How is this being dismissed?

He was severely compromised for an entire fight.

Yes, he lost the fight, BUT he did dominate the 5th round and end the fight bashing Leon's face and body. He just couldn't put the pressure on throughout the fight as he normally does.

I think Colby's still elite and should get a rematch with a win over someone like Garry or Wonderboy.

How is this being dismissed?

He was severely compromised for an entire fight.

Yes, he lost the fight, BUT he did dominate the 5th round and end the fight bashing Leon's face and body. He just couldn't put the pressure on throughout the fight as he normally does.

I think Colby's still elite and should get a rematch with a win over someone like Garry or Wonderboy.
But the fact he still won the 5th round tells you that breaking the foot in the first isn't why he lost.

I didn't hear this you got any tomato source?

Back