Media Colby Covington: "Ian Garry Hasn't Shown Me He's Serious, STILL Have Unfinished Business With Leon"

Colby 2x and Burns, first to defeat Woodley. Colby basically got his leftovers in Woodley and Masvidal on two fight losing skids and 2 years older. Usman beat them when they were on the best win streaks of their career.
They fought Colby within the same year or right after. Just admit Usmans resume is weak besides him beating Colby which is ironic

“Usman almost lost both fights” is a weird of saying he broke Colby’s jaw and soundly beat him in the rematch.
Anyone can get their jaw broke lol, leave your mouth open in a fight. He didn’t soundly beat him in the rematch, he arguably lost. Colby even wobbled Usman several times

Anyone can get their jaw broke lol, leave your mouth open in a fight. He didn’t soundly beat him in the rematch, he arguably lost. Colby even wobbled Usman several times
It was a unanimous decision win for Usman and no media outlet scored that fight for Colby.. but I’m sure you have some excuse lined up for why that is.

Not a huge fan but I like watching him fight it would be nice to see him get on a little win streak & talk less shit

Colby is a good fighter and had two great fights with the former champ....but he shit the bed vs Leon and he will never come close to a title again, his chance has past.

Colby is a good fighter and had two great fights with the former champ....but he shit the bed vs Leon and he will never come close to a title again, his chance has past.
people have been saying this for years. never been true. so long as he's doing his trump shtick and dana is the UFC president, colby's the #1 contender.

Unfinished business with Leon?

Leon is the only guy who fights less often than Colby, and Colby's 36. Either fight, or stick a fork in it.

Dude's in his twilight. Shit's over. He should cash in while he still can and fight as much as possible while the shtick is still somewhat entertaining.

To play devil's advocate: you listed reasons why this should happen, not reasons why Colby would want or accept the fight.
He's been comfortable sitting out and just trolling nonstop with his MAGA gimmick, and this awarded him two free title shots. If he wants to continue doing that and the company keeps rewarding him for that, why should he go and get obliterated by Rakhmonov?
Who exactly do you think he should fight? As I stated before, Colby has no wins over anyone in the top 15. The only fighters ranked above him are Usman (2-0 over him), Belal (up for a title shot next), and Shavkat (who he's scared to fight). He HAS to fight down. And I dont think Wonderboy wants to fight him, having expressed a disinterest in wrestlers, so Garry is likely his best option. Unless Colby somehow finds the balls to fight Shavkat,.Garry should be his obvious next opponent.

He makes excuses for every loss so no, he doesn't have unfinished business with Leon. He's lost all his gifted title fights and needs to fight against legit contenders if he wants to be taken seriously. He's soooooooooooo fucking annoying.

It was kind of a lose-lose situation to put Ian Garry (or his wifes) name in his mouth. Colby didn't look good vs Leon, Ian sees it as a winnable fight and Colby is a big name. And now he looks like a fool if he doesn't agree to the fight.
Prime Colby would ragdoll Ian, but times go fast.. He should've focused his talk on Wonderboy and Burns if he rsther wanted those fights for whatever reason.

He will not fight again except if it's PPV main event because the PPV main eventers are making 500k-1 mil while he might be doing 100-200k outside this
A title shot is unlikely. So, to main event, the only solution is Poirier at 170 which also seems unlikely
Same as Joanna Jedrjeczyk, fighting out of the title picture or mega fights doesn't make sense once you got used to this type of money
Coby might make more money from sponsorships than a purse for a FN or a secondary spot on a PPV

Who exactly do you think he should fight? As I stated before, Colby has no wins over anyone in the top 15. The only fighters ranked above him are Usman (2-0 over him), Belal (up for a title shot next), and Shavkat (who he's scared to fight). He HAS to fight down. And I dont think Wonderboy wants to fight him, having expressed a disinterest in wrestlers, so Garry is likely his best option. Unless Colby somehow finds the balls to fight Shavkat,.Garry should be his obvious next opponent.

Brother it doesn't matter what I think. I think Colby should fight down, become a serious man, stop talking about dead fathers and sign petitions for women's rights. Colby doesn't have to listen to me.

Back