Colby was offered Leon Edwards fight twice and refused

At 7:00 and 13:40

This would have guaranteed a title shot for Colby, instead he wants to coast on a win over Tyrone Woodley corpse and wait around for a shot.

Colby vs Usman 1 was a very exciting fight, I think thats why everyone wants to see a second fight, me included. I suspect their second fight would have as much fireworks, but I want Colby to earn that rematch by beating contenders not ducking them. He should have fought Leon Edwards, Wonderboy or Burns. I think he shouldn't get a rematch until he fights one of these.

Colby cant beat wonderboy or leon or burns ..thats why hes not fighting them

Masvidal ducked Colby multiple times & was awarded a title shot.

Colby simply learned from the terrible precedent set by the UFC with Masvidal. Actually pretty smart of him.

Colby ducking what else is new? He ducked Usman on the way up too

Agreed. He is all over Usman now that he has the strap, but on the way up it was like.......

No Burns, Edwards, or Thompson for Colby either. Soooo predictable. He fought Woodley coming off 2 losses. Fought Lawler coming off 2 losses. If he ain't fighting for the title, he wants nothing to do with the elite guys.

Last edited:
M9arq8D.jpg

Worst part about MMA is the fact that ducking fights and talking shit is actually an effective way to get a title shot. It’s why you have to respect guys like Whittaker who go out there and earn their opportunities.

Masvidal got a title shot off of ducking everyone after a loss and waiting it out. The UFC shouldn't reward such behavior.

Masvidal ducked Colby multiple times & was awarded a title shot.

Colby simply learned from the terrible precedent set by the UFC with Masvidal. Actually pretty smart of him.

Agreed the Mas 2x TS thing was a farce. Mas really capitalized. The problem is Colby is nowhere near as popular as Max. And when I say popular, I don't mean liked. I mean watched. Colby is never going to be able to pull a Mas because too few people give a shit about him.

Colby ducking what else is new? He ducked Usman on the way up too
I get guys being picky about their matchups. They have a small sundown and need to maximize the opportunities. That being said, refusing a certain number one contender fight is frustrating for us fans. Man I miss the old guard who just loved fighting.

At 7:00 and 13:40

This would have guaranteed a title shot for Colby, instead he wants to coast on a win over Tyrone Woodley corpse and wait around for a shot.

Colby vs Usman 1 was a very exciting fight, I think thats why everyone wants to see a second fight, me included. I suspect their second fight would have as much fireworks, but I want Colby to earn that rematch by beating contenders not ducking them. He should have fought Leon Edwards, Wonderboy or Burns. I think he shouldn't get a rematch until he fights one of these.

Theres no evidence of this. Just Edwards making the claim.

1/20

everybody ducks leon, it's a horrible risk/reward situation

Agreed the Mas 2x TS thing was a farce. Mas really capitalized. The problem is Colby is nowhere near as popular as Max. And when I say popular, I don't mean liked. I mean watched. Colby is never going to be able to pull a Mas because too few people give a shit about him.
True, but as long as Dana keeps saying he is next for Usman then what incentive does Colby have to fight anyone else?

I love Colby, but he's got to shit or get off the pot.

Unless of course, title fights pay out far more than regular fights and he's making a straight business decision.

I wonder if a title fight pays more than say three regular fights?

Why don't they disclose PPV points?

I get guys being picky about their matchups. They have a small sundown and need to maximize the opportunities. That being said, refusing a certain number one contender fight is frustrating for us fans. Man I miss the old guard who just loved fighting.
This is a WW things where all the top guys won't fight each other. Seeing it at LW now too - the hardest division to break into and then the easiest to stay in the top 15 lol. BW is where it's at, everyone's fighting everyone lowkey the best division in the UFC.

I miss the anytime anywhere anyone old school mentality too brother

And Leon fights about once a year so he doesn't have room to talk about someone ducking him.

The top welterweight contenders are all divas.

There's no way the champ should be more active than the potential contender, Colby had a good fight against Usman but what have you done after beat broken Woodley in a fight that should've been fought years before? Colby should be heading back into that fight with some real names under his resume showing us he's still sharp, ready, and better than he was the last they faced I can say that for certain with Usman can't say the same for Colby based off of beating on foot out the cage Woodley.

I would rather see him fight another real worthy contender to show he really deserves that rematch not just based on what you did the last time.

Colby has done nothing to deserve another TS. A win over Woodley means nothing now. I want to see him fight Luque.

He already has a guaranteed title shot, Dana is essentially forcing Colby vs Usman 2 now on Usman who doesn’t want that fight

True, but as long as Dana keeps saying he is next for Usman then what incentive does Colby have to fight anyone else?

Not much. The problem will be if Colby tries to drag the Usman fight out 6 or 7 months. If Usman wants to fight between now and then, other deserving opponents will materialize.

Woodley waited 18 months for his TS against Lawler, while Lawler defended his belt twice during that time. That's what Colby may be in for if he is not willing to fight on Usman's time table.

Last edited:
There's no way the champ should be more active than the potential contender, Colby had a good fight against Usman but what have you done after beat broken Woodley in a fight that should've been fought years before? Colby should be heading back into that fight with some real names under his resume showing us he's still sharp, ready, and better than he was the last they faced I can say that for certain with Usman can't say the same for Colby based off of beating on foot out the cage Woodley.

I would rather see him fight another real worthy contender to show he really deserves that rematch not just based on what you did the last time.
Usman fighting Jorge again was a joke, Kamaru doesn’t deserve props for cherry picking an easy title defense just because he’s “active”

Colby shouldn't be too confident he will get a title shot by sitting out. Dana says lots of things and very large percentage are not true. Usman has to sign for the fight and he's said he won't. Usman's stock just went way up by scoring that knockout in an event many watched.

Back