Colby outstruck Leon 109 to 65 and had 4 times more control time...(And had a broken foot)

Yeah that's why the fight was scored 4-1 for Leon.
Leon won every other metric in every other round and only just barely lost the 5th.

Colby lost under every scoring criteria in MMA in every other round and was almost subbed in round 5. He spends 30 seconds defending that sub and he loses the 5th even. Control time is scored below everything else on the ground. 1 round doesn't win a fight. It refutes it in every way.

Nobody is saying he won though I don't understand the follow-up statements.
Which is the point.

Since we're talking about hypotheticals, if Colby had knocked down Leon 4 times in the 5th round it would have been a 10-6 round

But he didn't. And Leon's triangle wasn't threatening
We haven't seen a 10-6 round ever in MMA let alone the UFC. We have seen a 10-7. It's a bit different to Leon bailing on a low percentage submission and riding out a round in a fight he was already up 4 rounds in.

Colby got beaten so bad Leon was happy to throw up a triangle from the bottom. Colby then decided to finish that round punching Leon in the thigh. He barely earned a 10-9 with 54 extra strikes.

Nobody is saying he won though I don't understand the follow-up statements.
Which is the point.
Because it brings context to the 109-65 strike differential and control time in the fight.

I don't get what you even mean by not understanding the follow up statements? Colby landed 1 sig strike, 53 useless strikes primarily to Leon's thigh and survived a submission. It's not like Leon was saved by the bell. Colby couldn't mount any damage in over 3 mins of control time. Leon sub was the most effective offence in that round, Colby was happy to just stay on top and do nothing.

Nothing about that round is rematch worthy. He barely won the 5th on control time.

Because it brings context to the 109-65 strike differential and control time in the fight.

I don't get what you even mean by not understanding the follow up statements? Colby landed 1 sig strike, 53 useless strikes primarily to Leon's thigh and survived a submission. It's not like Leon was saved by the bell. Colby couldn't mount any damage in over 3 mins of control time. Leon sub was the most effective offence in that round, Colby was happy to just stay on top and do nothing.

Nothing about that round is rematch worthy. He barely won the 5th on control time.

But nobody is arguing any of those things

But nobody is arguing any of those things

TS is saying that due to those stats Colby might earn a rematch with a win over Wonderboy. All this puts in context the stats of the fight since anyone that watched it knows Colby did absolutely nothing all fight even in the 5th.

I pointed out all his offence came in a single round and only 1 of those strikes was considered significant in over 3 mins of control time. He lay and prayed in a fight he was down 4 rounds. Colby barely even won that round on control time. Nobody thinks that Colby has anything for Leon if they fight again.He will never get a rematch without clearing the entire division after that performance.

Leon beat him in every area of MMA in that fight and had to wrestle with him just so Colby would engage. Leon being willing to take risks with submissions and grappling is the only reason we didn't just get 5 rounds of Colby running around the outside of the cage.

Broken foot lol why because he didn’t win? He was fine, TS needs IP ban.

"According to the UFC’s stats provider, Covington outstruck Edwards 109-65 overall and had about four times as much control time."
I love useless UFC stats. Did you know that with all of the control time Colby had no sig strikes on the ground and no submissions attempts. Colby was 0-1 in punches from the clinch. In contrast, Leon had 2 sub attempts, and 1 of 1 ground strikes, meaning he had 100% ground strike accuracy, and outlanded Colby on the ground by over 1000% - Source-

My favorite UFC stats involve Nunes fights with Rousey and Cyborg. The Cyborg fight was only 2 seconds longer and both ended in a KO so the stats are remarkably comparable. Cyborg got dropped twice (3 if you count the KO, which UFC stats doesn't) while absorbing 13 sig strikes. Rousey never got dropped, it was a standing KO, and she took 27 sig strikes - More than double in less time! Not only that, but Rousey landed 7 sig strikes while Cyborg only landed 3. Rousey only threw 14 strikes for a 50% accuracy rate, while Cyborg they 15 for a 20% rate. Rousey absorbed and landed more than twice what Cyborg did, while being more than twice as accurate and wasn't knocked down while Cyborg hit the canvas 3 times. Amanda also missed more against Rousey, so clearly Rousey's defense is better, lol. Plus, Nunes had 1 sec on control time on Cyborg and none against Rousey... Her judo background coming in clutch.

Maybe Colby van sit out for awhile as he is known to do, and fight Shakvat once he is healed up. I also wouldn't mind Colby disappearing.

Reactions: lsa
This is the same as just looking on fight finder for a fighters performance.

Colby’s little pitter patter love taps did nothing.

Once he beats the man that is almost 41 years old, 1-3 in his last 4 and has clearly demonstrated the kryptonite and weakness in his game? The game that colby( maybe still) has ?
Fuck that. Colby needs to beat a top well rounded credible threat and even then he Needs more. Let's see if he can even be active, the only thing active about colby is his fucking gums that never stop flapping.
Don’t forget his fingers that never stop typing…

Ever notice it’s loudmouth’s that always get title shots? Colby, Conor etc. they bring nothing to the table but excuses and losses.

Ever notice it’s loudmouth’s that always get title shots? Colby, Conor etc. they bring nothing to the table but excuses and losses.

Conor has won 3 out of 4 UFC title fights. But please continue hating based on made up stuff.

Colby's vibrating palm attack, a thousand strikes per second.

He "started his domination" when Leon didn't care anymore being up 4 rounds.

I genuinely think Leon got a bit bored in this fight. It was so anti-climatic, like most of us he was probably expecting Colby to have a go and apply some pressure at some point.

So Leon got bored and thought he'd try and submit Colby in the fifth for shits and giggles. It didn't quite come off and Colby was gifted a chance at redemption which he unequivocally didn't take.

Who on earth would want to see a rematch? Give Leon a proper opponent next time please, someone who's earned it and is a live dog.

Back