Opinion Complete and utter disgrace.....

If we started evacing years ago, attacks would have been happening the entire time. Americans going to remote regions to bring allies for evacuation would have been harassed the entire way by both Taliban and ISIS.

Quickly and quietly seems like the best approach if your intent is to save American lives.

I've never said Biden is entirely without fault, but I do believe he may have made the best bad decision with the amount of time that was allotted and the intelligence at his disposal, which seems to have been poor.
Its a shit show all around, lives were lost and the taliban is back in charge with a gift basket of stuff they would never have gotten otherwise.

Imo this is far from the best bad decision that could have been made, setting a time limit to it was just stupid. Political pandering at its best. I do believe it could have been worse tho, so i guess theres always that silver lining.

Its a shit show all around, lives were lost and the taliban is back in charge with a gift basket of stuff they would never have gotten otherwise.

Imo this is far from the best bad decision that could have been made, setting a time limit to it was just stupid. Political pandering at its best. I do believe it could have been worse tho, so i guess theres always that silver lining.
Whatever equipment we gave to the ANA was always destined to be in the Taliban's hands. That much seems pretty clear now.

Everyone wants to get out, but when getting out is messy the finger pointing and armchair quarterbacking begins. As though there's any way to withdraw cleanly from a war that hasn't been a war that never really ended. Our country tried for 20 years to do the right thing for Afghanistan; It took Joe Biden to finally do the right thing for our country.

I want some of that shit your smoking. Gdamn.

I'm thinking they might try to sell it.

They better do it quickly. Sitting out in those conditions, extreme UV, heat and sand will leave them inoperable very quickly. One thing I’m sure about is that they won’t get top dollar.

We didn't lose!

We gave the Talban the victory at the expense of our humiliation. ALL PLANNED! THIS IS NOT AN ACCIDENT!

This was DELIBERATE AND INTENTIONAL!

...and we armed them too!

I know there are other brother/sisters in arms that are watching the Afgan situation and are angered and disgusted by what we are seeing. I've tried to tune in out but I just saw a pic of a Taliban fighter taking pics in an C-130 that was left behind and it's hard to describe the feeling.

I'm SO fucking angry right now!!!
So disappointed
So saddened
So frustrated

The culmination of the failures in our leaders is astounding. 20 Years lost, $2 Trillion+ wasted, 2,400 servicemen dead, who knows how many innocent civilians..... From Bush, to Obama, to Trump, and finally Biden. All fucked things up.

That said, this current fuck up is completely on Biden. The withdrawal was a complete failure. Biden owns every bit of it. I voted for him and I say that.

There's also the difficult realization that we lost. We lost the war in Afghanistan. You can't look at it any other way.

us-equipment-afghanistan.jpeg

I heard on the radio while I was driving this morning there may be as much as 10 billion dollars worth of U.S. equipment left behind, including something like 50 Black Hawk helicopters. Its really insane how many things they listed. I can't remember all of it but its a shit ton of U.S. military equipment we just left for them. Billions of dollars worth.

Now what could a terrorist organization possibly do with equipment worth billions, other than use it? Hmmm.....

What terrorist group? Do you mean Trump negotiated with terrorists? That is if you are calling the Taliban terrorists. They are going to profit far more over their mineral agreements with China than selling second hand heavily used US military equipment for pennies on the dollars that’s sitting out in those conditions.

I call this bullshit. We’ve been out 1 day and somehow you’ve found a image that provides great detail in our left over inventory. Lol, easily duped.

Fiscal conservatives at its finest.

Notice how that’s all of our old used equipment. Yes, let’s fly/ship all of that beat up equipment that will cost billions more and then we will mothball because they aren’t able to be used.

The difference is them having these military grade vehicles and equipment of course being that they can further torture and overturn more of the country and start to move in on other countries to gain ground…..

Those Blackhawks will fall out of the sky before they figure out how to use them. You act like these guys are trained and able to operate our equipment.

WE INTENTIOALLY ARMED THE TALIBAN.

If you don't believe this...

iu

We didn't lose!

We gave the Talban the victory at the expense of our humiliation. ALL PLANNED! THIS IS NOT AN ACCIDENT!

This was DELIBERATE AND INTENTIONAL!

...and we armed them too!
How exactly were we supposed to win a war against an enemy who knew from the beginning that all they had to do was wait it out? Were we just supposed to kill them all and let God sort them out?

Those Blackhawks will fall out of the sky before they figure out how to use them. You act like these guys are trained and able to operate our equipment.
And you act like they’re harmless

Twenty years of lies about what could be accomplished!

How exactly were we supposed to win a war against an enemy who knew from the beginning that all they had to do was wait it out? Were we just supposed to kill them all and let God sort them out?

I love this idea that people are up in arms that we left the Afghans X amount of equipment that they will somehow be able to use on a long term basis. They won’t be able to maintain or get parts for the equipment they have. It’s like giving a poor person a Ferrari. They might drive it for a few months but at some point the fuel and upkeep will be impossible to keep up.

We will find out at some point it was more expensive to bring the equipment back but the people bitching don’t care.

The sand people are to simple to understand all those gizmos and how to turn wrenches. This subtle brand of left wing racism is going to age well as extremist attacks become more deadly in the region and beyond thanks to this windfall.

They are wearing our equipment; armed with our rifles, and flying our Blackhawks!

"Believe" what you want.!

I call this bullshit. We’ve been out 1 day and somehow you’ve found a image that provides great detail in our left over inventory. Lol, easily duped.

Fiscal conservatives at its finest.

Notice how that’s all of our old used equipment. Yes, let’s fly/ship all of that beat up equipment that will cost billions more and then we will mothball because they aren’t able to be used.

The sand people are to simple to understand all those gizmos and how to turn wrenches. This subtle brand of left wing racism is going to age well as extremist attacks become more deadly in the region and beyond thanks to this windfall.

It's not that at all, these types of vehicles require constant maintenance and spare parts that they simply won't have access to.

Can they figure out how to take off? Sure, and I'm sure there are some trained inviduals left behind, but eventually they will just break down.

Is this a serious question? Do you have any idea of how much of China's technology is stuff they've reverse engineered from other countries? You understand ITAR exists for a reason? They're not the best at coming up with new designs, but they are absolutely masters of reverse engineering.
Sounds like American propaganda to justify the economic war. China is a global superpower, they have scientists in China that do the exact same things that American scientists do.

Back