Crime Conservative Group tells court they have no proof of voter fraud

There's a 2020 election megathread here that goes on for hundreds of pages with like-minded wing nuts sharing election conspiracies that got thoroughly debunked. I highly doubt you are bringing anything new 3 years later.

the evidence has been coming in so fast we can hardly keep up.

how-cons-Copy.jpg

You know how many conservative election laws were repealed in court after it was proven they had determined zones where adding certain restrictions would swing the vote in their favor?

That's what they're doing, and it's the exact opposite of election integrity.

This has been proposed before, and Republicans always shoot it down along with automatic registration for citizens. It's no secret they want it more difficult to vote, not easier.

The law there, according to a former Governor, is actually on contrast to the State constitution which is why a version was vetoed in 2009:

And your politicians went on to use the nefarious "they" to further solidify the law by making it more difficult to change the State Constitution.

Also just a further note, ifs mentioned in the 2nd article that Oklahoma has very low voter turnout, which Republicans always like. Seems odd that suggesting everyone gets free voter ID's would lead to low turnout as opposed to more turnout.

The long and short of this is if a person wants to register to vote in Oklahoma they absolutely can. There is nothing stopping them, but themselves. If it's difficult for one person in the state to vote, it's difficult for another . . . we have low voter turnout because folks are lazy.

OK, so you're proposing a universal law across the United States, which is why no screening is necessary?

Does that work with the constitution?

I'm complaining about the VRA because the GOP isn't proposing your idea, they're proposing laws that are were determined in court to be suppressive, which is the conversation you walked into.

I'll offer you the same response I gave Sinister. The long and short of this is if a person wants to register to vote in Oklahoma they absolutely can. There is nothing stopping them, but themselves. If it's difficult for one person in the state to vote, it's difficult for another . . . we have low voter turnout because folks are lazy.

I'll offer you the same response I gave Sinister. The long and short of this is if a person wants to register to vote in Oklahoma they absolutely can. There is nothing stopping them, but themselves. If it's difficult for one person in the state to vote, it's difficult for another . . . we have low voter turnout because folks are lazy.

None of that matters, and more importantly some of it is clearly untrue. You tied a bow around it with vote "purity", like the votes of "lazy" people don't matter.

We're talking in circles but all that matters is you admitting there is no impactful fraud which means ID laws have nothing to do with election integrity and everything to do with suppression.

You're using this system in Oklahoma and have low voter turnout, which suggests to me it's a terrible system. Handwaving "lazy" non-voters isn't an answer.

This may counter what I just said but I'd suggest the low turnout is actually the result of low stakes since conservatives have had a stranglehold in that state forever. I don't think your election policies actually matter, it's only ever going to run one way. I have no idea how fiercely seats are contested within the Republican party, maybe it makes a difference there.

None of that matters, and more importantly some of it is clearly untrue. You tied a bow around it with vote "purity", like the votes of "lazy" people don't matter.

We're talking in circles but all that matters is you admitting there is no impactful fraud which means ID laws have nothing to do with election integrity and everything to do with suppression.

You're using this system in Oklahoma and have low voter turnout, which suggests to me it's a terrible system. Handwaving "lazy" non-voters isn't an answer.

This may counter what I just said but I'd suggest the low turnout is actually the result of low stakes since conservatives have had a stranglehold in that state forever. I don't think your election policies actually matter, it's only ever going to run one way. I have no idea how fiercely seats are contested within the Republican party, maybe it makes a difference there.

Nothing you said contradicts anything I stated about the simple fact that "IF" people want to register to vote they can do so very easily.

I don't give a rip about your take on election integrity and how you characterize expecting people to have an ID = voter suppression. Especially in Oklahoma where both registration and the voter ID are free. You conveniently ignore everything I've said about this and continue to jump on top of this notion that you are justified in talking down to me and acting like there is no legitimate reason to request an ID at any point in our registration or voting process.

The system is fine. And regardless of how you might view it, it's not a terrible system. It's actually a pretty efficient way to get registered. Short of someone coming to your house and doing it for you, anyone who chooses not to get registered is lazy. There is no denying that. Lazy people do exist and very few of them vote. It has nothing to do with our current system. Not one thing.

Now, save us both time and just ignore me about this from now on . . .

Like I give 2 shits about your opinion you fucking dope.

You still haven't explained to me what happens if my voting ID is lost, stolen, or damaged shortly before election day. It's a the simplest problem so it would help your argument if you had any clue how to tackle it.

By the way I believe you my daughter burst the pipe in fulton country on election night. Came home soaking wet with blow torch. Kids....

Nothing you said contradicts anything I stated about the simple fact that "IF" people want to register to vote they can do so very easily.

I don't give a rip about your take on election integrity and how you characterize expecting people to have an ID = voter suppression. Especially in Oklahoma where both registration and the voter ID are free. You conveniently ignore everything I've said about this and continue to jump on top of this notion that you are justified in talking down to me and acting like there is no legitimate reason to request an ID at any point in our registration or voting process.

The system is fine. And regardless of how you might view it, it's not a terrible system. It's actually a pretty efficient way to get registered. Short of someone coming to your house and doing it for you, anyone who chooses not to get registered is lazy. There is no denying that. Lazy people do exist and very few of them vote. It has nothing to do with our current system. Not one thing.

Now, save us both time and just ignore me about this from now on . . .

I know you don't care, but others might. I was just pointing out how the system works and how ID laws have nothing to do with election security and everything to do with suppression.

I'd also like to point out that the working poor tend to have far less free time, and adding inconvenience to the process is a tried and true method of keeping them from voting. Added bonus that you get to call them lazy while suppressing their votes.

I was happy to end our engagement on this issue because we covered everything the last time, but you brought me back in.

Like I give 2 shits about your opinion you fucking dope.
Its not opinion, it's fucking illegal. You're making up a criminal history for your daughter on a karate forum just to justify your political opinion. Who are you trying to impress here? If you even have a daughter chances are she doesn't agree with the dumbass shit you say here. Stop using her for this bullshit. Be a decent father.

This has been proposed before, and Republicans always shoot it down along with automatic registration for citizens. It's no secret they want it more difficult to vote, not easier.

The law there, according to a former Governor, is actually on contrast to the State constitution which is why a version was vetoed in 2009:

And your politicians went on to use the nefarious "they" to further solidify the law by making it more difficult to change the State Constitution.

Also just a further note, ifs mentioned in the 2nd article that Oklahoma has very low voter turnout, which Republicans always like. Seems odd that suggesting everyone gets free voter ID's would lead to low turnout as opposed to more turnout.

Voter registration is bullshit to begin with. It's just another way Republicans suppress the voices of their fellow countrymen.

In North Dakota, there's no voter registration. You can walk into a poll place on the day of the election, show proof of residency, and vote.
The way Republicans have been screaming, ND should be ripe with election fraud. But yet, there is none.

The long and short of this is if a person wants to register to vote in Oklahoma they absolutely can. There is nothing stopping them, but themselves. If it's difficult for one person in the state to vote, it's difficult for another . . . we have low voter turnout because folks are lazy.

Lol folx are lazy.

Low voter turnout, when studied, is almost never a product of laziness, but of multiple levels of disenfranchisement. Republicans have low voter turnout as a goal, admittedly, and your State is Republican dominated (and just had a sexual predator appointed to a position of authority, mind you).

But I'm sure that's all just a coincidence and not a means of holding on to power.

Voter registration is bullshit to begin with. It's just another way Republicans suppress the voices of their fellow countrymen.

In North Dakota, there's no voter registration. You can walk into a poll place on the day of the election, show proof of residency, and vote.
The way Republicans have been screaming, ND should be ripe with election fraud. But yet, there is none.

Yeah I mentioned in another thread how I trained a 14 year-old kid who got accused of forging his own birth certificate when returning from a visit to Mexico. He was born in Chicago. That's just one instance of an underlying problem of adding layers of obstruction to something, with which you can just be accused of lying. Prove you're a resident, okay well what if I dont believe you!? Prove you're a citizen, well what if I dont believe you!? Its all just smokescreens for discriminatory practices against the out groups.

Whenever I hear people say how difficult they think things like immigration and voting should be, my immediate thought is: "yeah I'm sure that sounds good to you if on some level you realize no one likes you, or your ideas."

You can walk into a poll place on the day of the election, show proof of residency, and vote.
This is exactly how voter registration works . . .

Lol folx are lazy.

Low voter turnout, when studied, is almost never a product of laziness, but of multiple levels of disenfranchisement. Republicans have low voter turnout as a goal, admittedly, and your State is Republican dominated (and just had a sexual predator appointed to a position of authority, mind you).

But I'm sure that's all just a coincidence and not a means of holding on to power.

Low voter turnout can also be the result of an area where the result is never in question so motivation is low.

Does it really matter how many people show up to vote in MTG's district? Nobody is beating her where she is. Oklahoma also has been solid conservative for more than seventy years, apart from primaries does any vote matter there?

These aren't just rhetorical questions, I honestly don't know if I'm missing something.

Low voter turnout can also be the result of an area where the result is never in question so motivation is low.

Does it really matter how many people show up to vote in MTG's district? Nobody is beating her where she is. Oklahoma also has been solid conservative for more than seventy years, apart from primaries does any vote matter there?

These aren't just rhetorical questions, I honestly don't know if I'm missing something.

Our last Democrat to be elected to the US Senate was a distant cousin of mine . . . he held office from 1979-1994. Historically, we've had 10 Republican and 10 Democrats elected to the Senate. Our last Democrat elected governor left office in like 2012. We had a Democrat elected to Congress from 2019 to 2021. Our previous Democrat in Congress held office from 2005-2013.

There were years you had to be a Democrat to actually vote in many local elections because few GOP candidates ran. Our early history is dominated by Democrats.

How do you think those districts get to where the results arent really in question? Low voter turnout is a direct result of purposeful disenfranchisement. It's a known fact that the more difficult you make it to vote, the lower the turnout.

How do you think those districts get to where the results arent really in question? Low voter turnout is a direct result of purposeful disenfranchisement. It's a known fact that the more difficult you make it to vote, the lower the turnout.
It's hardly difficult to vote in Oklahoma. A voter would need to purposefully make it difficult on themselves. There are districts where people just don't care to vote. Period.

Once you've successfully registered, you can request an absentee ballot (online or via paper form) at the beginning of each calendar year for every election you're eligible to vote in that year. The ballot must be notarized when mailed in. Many banks, credit unions, libraries, businesses and organizations offer free absentee ballot notary services to customers and non-customers alike. In Oklahoma, notaries may not charge a fee to notarize an absentee ballot affidavit.

You can vote early in your county at your designated early voting location from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the Thursday and Friday preceding an election. You must vote in the county where you are registered.

In addition to early voting the Thursday and Friday preceding an election, early voting is also available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Saturday immediately preceding a state or federal Primary Election, Runoff Primary Election, General Election or Presidential Preferential Primary Election.

Early voting is also available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. the Wednesday preceding the General Election.

democrats just won all 6 special elections in pennsylvania this week and kept their state house majority. they better get them cyber ninja's to look into that.

Back