News Contender Series 2021 fights

Covid and visa issues are gonna fuck this season up I feel. Both Quinlan and Weeks deserve to be in the UFC so book them against different guys and get the show on the road

Well that sucks.

Jailton vs. Nasrudinov ain't happening, is it? Let's be honest. My most anticipated fight this season, way too good to be true.

Jailton vs. Nasrudinov ain't happening, is it? Let's be honest. My most anticipated fight this season, way too good to be true.

giphy.gif

In the red corner, fighting out of Brazil, Cooooovid isssues and in the blue corner fighting out of Russia, Viiiisaaaaa issssues.

I'll tell you what, this Mario Sousa character is almost tall enough to be a Sherdogger. Guy is huge.

giphy.gif

In the red corner, fighting out of Brazil, Cooooovid isssues and in the blue corner fighting out of Russia, Viiiisaaaaa issssues.

<{dayum}>

Sure as hell feels like that very frequently tho...

What's the point of Contender Series if everyone who wins, even very close split decisions gets contracts or guys who did not even have good fights? I get it Dana wants cheap labor but he is so obvious now.

Last edited:
What's the point of Contender Series if everyone who wins, even very close split decisions gets contracts or guys who did not even have good fights? I get it Dana wants cheap labor but he is so obvious now.

It's just speeding the process up really. In reality probably 85% of fighters who've won on DWCS ended up in the UFC even if they didn't get a contract on the night.

Agreed, he's being way too generous now. Promising fighters have been denied in the past for winning a decision, yet now even unpromising decision winners are getting the shot. Makes the show a tiny bit less appealing for me.

What's the card looking like for next week?

Agreed, he's being way too generous now. Promising fighters have been denied in the past for winning a decision, yet now even unpromising decision winners are getting the shot. Makes the show a tiny bit less appealing for me.

What's the card looking like for next week?

Sick at the moment, but things can always fall through

E-uuhPsXsAItqjJ

Sick at the moment, but things can always fall through

E-uuhPsXsAItqjJ

Fuck, I'm not working next week but I'm flying to Dublin on Wed morning so this will be a PBP job for me unfortunately!

I reckon main event goes to a ridiculously close decision, probably Nasrudinov, contract for whoever wins.

Mo Miller to finish Brandon Lewis, contract.

Duraev to decision Bittencourt, no contract.

Brzeski to decision Potter, no contract.

Loosa to KO Maddalena, contract.

Whoever wins the WMMA fight to win a decision and be offered a contract.

Fuck, I'm not working next week but I'm flying to Dublin on Wed morning so this will be a PBP job for me unfortunately!

I reckon main event goes to a ridiculously close decision, probably Nasrudinov, contract for whoever wins.

Mo Miller to finish Brandon Lewis, contract.

Duraev to decision Bittencourt, no contract.

Brzeski to decision Potter, no contract.

Loosa to KO Maddalena, contract.

Whoever wins the WMMA fight to win a decision and be offered a contract.

I'll go Jailton by sub contract, Lewis by slam KO contract, Duraev by KO contract, Brzeski by KO contract, Maddalena by KO contract and Polastri by KO contract

Gonna be a good week of fights I reckon.

I'll go Jailton by sub contract, Lewis by slam KO contract, Duraev by KO contract, Brzeski by KO contract, Maddalena by KO contract and Polastri by KO contract

Gonna be a good week of fights I reckon.

See I reckon Miller slams Lewis!

Brzeski I could see potentially getting a finish, same for Duraev.

Back